What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MR :- News from the Eels Office

MEDIA RELEASE
Tuesday 4 July 2006

PLAYER SIGNINGS
The Parramatta National Rugby League Club is pleased to announce the following players have re-signed with the Club:

Luke Burt
Aaron Cannings
Blake Green
Josh Cordoba
Weller Hauraki

This ads to the list of players re-signed by the Club earlier in the season, Chad Robinson, Jarryd Hayne, Fuifui Moimoi and Ben Smith.

The Club is also pleased to announce that player Todd Lowrie will join Parramatta from 2007, on a three year deal.

Prodigal-Eel

Juniors
Just got this email from D. Kelly: MEDIA RELEASE Tuesday 4 July 2006 PLAYER SIGNINGS The Parramatta National Rugby League Club is pleased to announce the following players have re-signed with the Club: Luke Burt Aaron Cannings Blake Green Josh Cordoba Weller Hauraki This ads to the list of players re-signed by the Club earlier in the season, Chad Robinson, Jarryd Hayne, Fuifui Moimoi and Ben Smith. The Club is also pleased to announce that player Todd Lowrie will join Parramatta from 2007, on a three year deal.

Suitman

Post Whore
Besides Blake Green, who people have thought may have been going elsewhere, I'm not any more excited than I was this morning.

Suity

yy_cheng

Coach
Suitman said:
Besides Blake Green, who people have thought may have been going elsewhere, I'm not any more excited than I was this morning.

Suity

Go visit the Norks thread Suity. :D

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
its a big of good news atleast

cannings still hopefully has alot to offer, and would have signed a much more reduced contract
and i guess blake must be first choice 5/8 next year

slippery nipeel

Juniors
Great news on Blake in particular!! It would be great to see him given a shot in 1sts in the near future.

Cannings - Surely his luck will turn. I hope that he can get some momentum happening and deliver on his potential.

Cordoba - Has potential and with some more exposure to 1st grade may cement a position in the top 17.

Weller - As above with the ;potential along with Zeb to become destructive forwards

Burt - Great clubman and hope that he can re-capture his best form

Lowrie - A start hopefully more to come!! Has potential to become a good hard-running second rower (not 5/8 though)

Hopefully we can add the likes Scott Hill, Steve Simpson/Nate Myles and Manese Manufocoa to this list of recruits and keep John Williams.

cayless1989

Juniors
MarkInTheStands said:
MEDIA RELEASE

Tuesday 4 July 2006

PLAYER SIGNINGS

The Parramatta National Rugby League Club is pleased to announce the following players have re-signed with the Club:

Luke Burt
Aaron Cannings
Blake Green
Josh Cordoba
Weller Hauraki

This ads to the list of players re-signed by the Club earlier in the season, Chad Robinson, Jarryd Hayne, Fuifui Moimoi and Ben Smith.

The Club is also pleased to announce that player Todd Lowrie will join Parramatta from 2007, on a three year deal.

great news, bring on 2007!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eelectrica

Referee
I'd doubt any players currently involved in the Origin series such as Nate Myles will be signing anything until the series is done and dusted.
So Thursday onwards, fingers crossed that we land some name players.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Good to see Blake and Weller re-signed

Cordoba hasn't impressed me that much in 1st grade he has been solid but hasn't really stood out in any games yet but with time and in a side that is performing well this coul change and he has been very good in lower graders overall a good re-signing

Burt was known about weeks ago

Todd Lowrie is a solid signing not a big name but good for depth and is a hard working player similar to players like Peek, Robinson etc won't win many man of the match awards but won't cost the team many games either.

Aaron Cannings re-signing tells me that the club has seen just how little there is left in the open market and are trying to make up for lost ground. Cannings was all but gone but due to the inability to sign a bigger name prop was then retained.

James_Hardie

Juniors
Eelectrica said:
I'd doubt any players currently involved in the Origin series such as Nate Myles will be signing anything until the series is done and dusted.
So Thursday onwards, fingers crossed that we land some name players.

I agree, we will have to wait and hope.

Happy Blake & Wellar are staying, although a synic would say it would be nice if they had been locked up earlier.

More will be needed though.

fingers crossed....

Bigfella

Coach
Aaron Cannings re-signing tells me that the club has seen just how little there is left in the open market and are trying to make up for lost ground. Cannings was all but gone but due to the inability to sign a bigger name prop was then retained.

And Hauraki and Cordoba being retained while Williams and Delaney appear gone would suggest that our forward depth is such that on the one hand we let go backs who have proven they can handle first grade while retaining forwards who are unproven at that level.

Hurriflatch

Referee
True but the depth in the backs even with the losses is still better then that of the forwards

and there are also more backs (not halves tho) avalible then there are forwards

scottyeel

Bench
Suitman said:

Suity
Same. And unfortunately I don't really expect it to get much better.

spiderdan

Bench
excellent news on blake especially.

now hopefully the rumours that fileti is going to souths are fake.....

hineyrulz

Post Whore
scottyeel said:
Same. And unfortunately I don't really expect it to get much better.
agree mate things not looking to bright at the moment looks like we'll be weaker in 2007 than this yr.todd lowries a handy footballer but we need more than handy footballers.:(

Latest posts