What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MRC are a farce

Frailty

First Grade
Te'o upright shoulder charge on upright running player...

Graham, hunched over to make a tackle and Hoffman goes even lower to get out of the in goal...

Completely different.

MRC got it right.

Frailty

First Grade
BTW, Saab, you are worse than Manly supporters constantly bringing up the Stewart case...

Let it go.

Didgi

One wrong decision straight up then a season of correct ones
or
One wrong decision straight up then a season of more wrong ones

Which do Broncos fans prefer? I, and most reasonable supporters, am all for protecting players and players' heads, but it's been blown out of proportion by the whinging after each one.

Mr Saab

Referee
Why should i let it go. Shoulder charge - contact made to the head. Graham was not hot hunched down.
I hate the f**king inconsistency of the MRC

AuDragon

Juniors
I know it's a reverse angle, but it doesn't look that different to me. Except maybe the fact that Te'o took on a prop, as opposed to a fullback...

Teo_Groat%201.JPG

Graham_Hoffman%201.JPG

Perth Red

Post Whore
we don't penalise head clashes so we are we penalising accidental contact between shoulder and head?

Frailty

First Grade
I know it's a reverse angle, but it doesn't look that different to me. Except maybe the fact that Te'o took on a prop, as opposed to a fullback...

Teo_Groat%201.JPG

Graham_Hoffman%201.JPG

It's quite clear with the Te'o contact that he is in an upward motion that can be identified by the rear leg off the ground and being positioned behind the player.

Wade Graham has a horizontal stance with the weight placed down on his right side.

The video of each would demonstrate what I'm describing better.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wade Graham's was a combination of Hoffman falling and Graham standing upright, also Graham hit Hoffman front on, not side on, showing there was no intent to lead with the shoulder.

Te'o lead with the sholder and had full intentions of hitting Groat with the shoulder.

Therein lies the difference.

I would have happily let Te'o get away with it if he had've done it to Blair, but lazy bludging birds of a feather and all that

Card Shark

Immortal
Graham hit Hoffman front on, not side on, showing there was no intent to lead with the shoulder.

Te'o lead with the sholder and had full intentions of hitting Groat with the shoulder.

& it's a big difference.

Anyway it didn't affect the result, so move on.

firechild

First Grade
It's quite clear with the Te'o contact that he is in an upward motion that can be identified by the rear leg off the ground and being positioned behind the player.

Wade Graham has a horizontal stance with the weight placed down on his right side.

The video of each would demonstrate what I'm describing better.

That was my first impression when I saw the images. Upward force aimed towards the head in Te'o's case, downward force in Graham's case. Makes a huge difference.

Snappy

Coach
& it's a big difference.

Anyway it didn't affect the result, so move on.

I really have no problem with Graham not being suspended, as a penalty was sufficient.

But to say it had no affect on the result (considering it left us a man down), is very naive.

Stinkler

Juniors
I really have no problem with Graham not being suspended, as a penalty was sufficient.

But to say it had no affect on the result (considering it left us a man down), is very naive.

Should have been another 4 or 6 points down straight after it too mate!!!
It should have been a TRY!!!

wibble

Bench
Wade Graham's was a combination of Hoffman falling and Graham standing upright, also Graham hit Hoffman front on, not side on, showing there was no intent to lead with the shoulder.

I would have happily let Te'o get away with it if he had've done it to Blair, but lazy bludging birds of a feather and all that

Absolutely.

And even the photos supplied here in defense of Teo compared to Graham show that very clearly.

Much of the damage from Graham's tackle was really from the force he exerted compared to how weak Hoffman was at the time (because he was all ready groggy). We can't even really tell from the footage how much contact there is between Hoffman's head and Graham's shoulder, as Hoffman's head comes down over the top of Graham's shoulder and Hoffman's chest and body are quickly launched away from Graham as well, due to the power of the tackle.

In the Teo tackle, all of Teo's force, driving from the legs and shoulder turned and angled for it, drives up into Groat's head.

Obviously I'm a Sharks fan, but I think Graham's tackle is much less dangerous than even Kasiano's (who was also front on, but moving), and he didn't get cited.

Big Pete

Referee
If it was an isolated incident, I wouldn't really have a problem.

The issue is, Graham was guilty of head high contact on three occasions on the night. Twice in the one set on the one player. Video ref. just cleaned up exactly what the on field referee nearly missed.

wibble

Bench
If it was an isolated incident, I wouldn't really have a problem.

The issue is, Graham was guilty of head high contact on three occasions on the night. Twice in the one set on the one player. Video ref. just cleaned up exactly what the on field referee nearly missed.

What were these other incidents?

Do you think the video ref should generally be used to deny/award a try as a square up or catch up for missed incidents?

Might explain some of the farcical tries awarded in the Roosters Broncos game.

Big Pete

Referee
Graham caught Hoffman high to force the initial knock on & then later on he caught Beale with a swinging arm which lead to a mini-rant from Gus.

And no, the video ref. should only do what they've been asked to do. Which he did, Badger all but awarded the try until his touchy told him to be safe and go upstairs where the video ref. found the obvious head high tackle that left us a man down all night.

Generalzod

Immortal
Graham caught Hoffman high to force the initial knock on & then later on he caught Beale with a swinging arm which lead to a mini-rant from Gus.

And no, the video ref. should only do what they've been asked to do. Which he did, Badger all but awarded the try until his touchy told him to be safe and go upstairs where the video ref. found the obvious head high tackle that left us a man down all night.

Are Queenslander whingers????? Cry me a river

Latest posts