What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mullen and Abraham named as Knights halves

BG

Juniors
Oswin said:
The Abraham to 5/8th is an interesting move to say the least. I wasn't a big fan of Lowrie in the number 6 last year because it didn't work on paper and didn't work in practice. It seemed like a stop-gap measure to make sure whoever was there would make tackles and not drop the ball. Ironically, I don't have the same objections with Abraham. Unlike Lowrie, Abraham is a genuine allrounder that could slot in anywhere.

Agree with you to a degree. But it is a stop-gap measure. You lose your half-back and his back-up, you're going to have to compromise somewhere.

Jono078

Referee
I had a feeling Smith would have named Abraham there if Mullen was fit and Johns was out.

You cant blame him really for picking him there after what Abraham offered us from 5/8th against the Dogs.

But I doubt he will do much 5/8th sort of stuff, will be Mullen and Gidley show with a bit of Abraham. That sits fairly well with me.

Cant wait til Friday, no longer do you feel like you have no chance when Johns is out anymore, now you think we'll atleast be competitive and give St George a real shock at what we can do without him.

Also looking forward to seeing Paterson making his debut, good game to have his debut against a fairly young Dragons pack.

K-Man

Bench
Anyone think that this "Kidley as a rover" concept is not all that far removed from the position of lock?

Many of us have agreed in the past that we would like to see him play lock to make best use of his assets: fitness, tackling, kick-chase, footwork, some solid playmaking skills (not enough for the halves, but definitely enough to be a handy extra).

This rover idea see him just getting in there and being involved as much as possible, running around like a man posessed, getting into dummy half, occassionally hitting it up, occassionally being 2nd receiver or supporting the bigger forwards.

To me this is pretty much how players like Dallas Johnson and Alan Tongue play, and they do it extremely well.

I really like what Smith is doing, no matter what the position is called, the idea of Kidley being an "everywhere man" is just the way it should be. Now throw a fit Milton back in to the mix, Tanner doesn't even get a look at the 8 man bench..... Hagan is but a distant memory.

Pumba

First Grade
Jobdog said:
Anyone know what the odds are for our game and who the ref is?

St George are favorites Jobber
according to Centrebet

St George - 1.50
Knights - 2.65

RABK

Referee
Knights with a 6.5 start are paying $1.90 - now that's great value. I'll have a whopper of a bet on that.

Johns Magic

Referee
roopy said:
Kidley will contribute as much in the playmaking stakes as Mullen i reckon.

Without trying to sound rude, I cannot see how you think that.

For years his passing and kicking game has been dog-ordinary, and so it was last week. Why would that change this week?

roopy

Referee
Johns Magic said:
Without trying to sound rude, I cannot see how you think that.

For years his passing and kicking game has been dog-ordinary, and so it was last week. Why would that change this week?
it just will, ok?

Burwood

Bench
He may equal Mullen in the gamebreaking stakes, but I can't see him getting anywhere his playmaking ability.

roopy

Referee
you all win - i was trying to say he will do as much work as mullen in the playmaking role - but the quality of the work won't be as good - i concur.

Latest posts