What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mullen and Abraham named as Knights halves

perverse

Referee
i honestly didn't realise our pack was that big.. and reyno looks about 50kg heavier than simpson.. where does simmo hide that bulk?!

just need to give those big guys the drive and go forward. they need a bit of mongrel... some killer instinct.

knightsyeah12

Juniors
Abes in the halves is a good choice, keep gidleyin that roving position. our bench is very big and strong and im expecting to c snowden on the bench very soon, i thought he had a very solid game in PL on sunday and he is working his way into the FG side. Good solid side, very happy

Yosh

Coach
I thought Abes would slot into the 5/8th role. I would like to see Brown come on at one stage during the game just to offer some impact. Our pack is big, but I still dont think they are as effective as the Dragons forwards. Would love to see mylsef proved wrong but I think we will win anyways.

Kidley doing the rover thing is awesome, purely awesome.

Super Sub

Juniors
I know its a bit late to say it now but in the back of my mind I actually was thinking that Abes might be a chance of being named at 5/8, I'm really happy with that decision. I watched the replay of the match on fox sports last night and his passing was really crisp, he hit tighe on the chest with a couple of really good passes and almost sent him through some gaps, only the desperate defence pevented it.

I don't know how much in-play kicking we will see from Abes, he'll probably leave it up to Mullo to kick it most of the time.

Also seeing as it looks like Abes will be on the field the whole match does anyone think that he might be our first choice goal-kicker for the game? I reckon he is a better goal kicker than Kids and he makes a lot of tricky ones from out wide.

Thoughts anyone?

antonius

Coach
There's a lot of word around that Mullo is very doubtfull, seems he's done some damage to his ribs again (did some damage to his sternum at the end of last season) Should he not play, that'll be why we have a stand-by group with Brown, and Uate in it. Abes went ok at 5/8th last week, and knows how to distribute the ball without panicking, (something Kidley needs to learn) I don't think he'll let us down there. lets hope Newton and Reyno can be a bit more involved this week, if not there are plenty of forwards hovering to take their places, and Smith is putting that message out there to them.

CJKnight

Juniors
Super Sub said:
I know its a bit late to say it now but in the back of my mind I actually was thinking that Abes might be a chance of being named at 5/8, I'm really happy with that decision. I watched the replay of the match on fox sports last night and his passing was really crisp, he hit tighe on the chest with a couple of really good passes and almost sent him through some gaps, only the desperate defence pevented it.

I don't know how much in-play kicking we will see from Abes, he'll probably leave it up to Mullo to kick it most of the time.

Also seeing as it looks like Abes will be on the field the whole match does anyone think that he might be our first choice goal-kicker for the game? I reckon he is a better goal kicker than Kids and he makes a lot of tricky ones from out wide.

Thoughts anyone?

I would love Abes to be goalkicker. He kicks at around 80%.

I don't think he will do much playkicking though. Kids and Mullo are both capable in that area.

CJKnight

Juniors
So does that mean Brown and Abes as halves if Mullo is out? If that is the case I think we will have to bite the bullet and play Kids in the halves.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
Very happy with that side. But i'll be waiting to see if Mullen is playing before I do any tips. Smith seems to have a good understanding of our side already he must pay close attention to our PL and JF sides. Very happy, let's hope they stay fit.

roopy

Referee
I don't think Smith has even given the final makeup of the side any thought.
He has named all the likely suspects and may well need to find a number 22 jersey for Johns anyway.
I think he will decide the run on side and four reserves on about Thursday afternoon or Friday morning.

BG

Juniors
KniGhTs BaTTLeR said:
Smith seems to have a good understanding of our side already he must pay close attention to our PL and JF sides.

He is renowned for it.

Yosh

Coach
Yeah we definately need Joey or Mullo on the field I think. If none of them are on, also we are without Bedsy, I think our team will lack direction. I dunoo... Could lose if both of them of are not playing...

perverse

Referee
Yosh said:
Yeah we definately need Joey or Mullo on the field I think. If none of them are on, also we are without Bedsy, I think our team will lack direction. I dunoo... Could lose if both of them of are not playing...
nah mate, will

it would be a deadset freak effort to win without all 3 in the team.. i just can't see it happening.

cardinal

Juniors
Oh my god abraham at 5/8 smithy has started already, Lowrie would do a better job than that tortise. It will be a long year for knights fans. Hags is a legend watch us smash the rabbits.

Gene Krupa

Referee
cardinal said:
Oh my god abraham at 5/8 smithy has started already, Lowrie would do a better job than that tortise. It will be a long year for knights fans. Hags is a legend watch us smash the rabbits.

Like you smashed the Warriors? Finch was a real gun for you and old Toddy came on and played the house down! :roll:

BG

Juniors
perverse said:
it would be a deadset freak effort to win without all 3 in the team.. i just can't see it happening.

... it's even worse than that, because Walsh would have been the next cab off the rank at half. And all of this with the team still easing into the Smithy methodology, and playing away. I know St George are missing Gasnier, but by rights we should get smashed.

perverse

Referee
Gene Krupa said:
Good to see the optimism there.
this goes for any team missing both their 1st string halves and hooker, let alone 2 of the best in the game - and one that could potentially be right up there in the future.

it has nothing to do with optimism.. who is qualified to run the plays without these 3 on the field? i don't mean by skill - i mean by vision.

*edit here*
BG said:
... it's even worse than that, because Walsh would have been the next cab off the rank at half. And all of this with the team still easing into the Smithy methodology, and playing away. I know St George are missing Gasnier, but by rights we should get smashed.
definately - we don't even have the 2nd string options available for half back at least. you can see the light my good sir.

but just because i can't see it happening doesn't mean it wont happen.. if we do win it we can do just about anything this year.

TooheysNew

Coach
cardinal said:
I'm sorry, but... :lol:

Ben

Bench
I really like that team with Abraham at five-eighth, but our chances will all depend on the fitness of Mullen.

But still its a breathe of fresh air with Smith at the club. We are now seeing Premier League and Jersey Flegg players given a shot at first grade which will only benefit the club. If guys like Uate and Patterson see that they are on the fringes of first grade, it will only make them try harder and perform better if they are left off for another week.

cardinal

Juniors
Gene Krupa said:
Like you smashed the Warriors? Finch was a real gun for you and old Toddy came on and played the house down! :roll:

They will both be buys of the year. ;-)

Latest posts