What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mullen for Aussie 5/8th?

MSKnight

Juniors
With Lockyer out, I can only imagine Bird stands in Mullen's way for Australian 5/8th at the end of the year?

voltron

Juniors
bird is probably out for the rest of the year with a broken thumb

but mullen?
i would have thought there would be a host of QLD'ers in line before him

voltron

Juniors
yeah and prince just admitted he was a week to week proposition
so maybe prince wouldnt be in

then who?
wouldnt be suprised if it was cronk, when they go well in the finals series

lockyno1

Post Whore
Cronk at 7, Thurston at 5/8. Mullen needs to get fit first. He is however a chance to be included in the squad similar to Hayne last year for experience.

CJKnight

Juniors
Thurston has played 5/8 before and is more than capable in the #6.

Cronk has led his team to consecutive Minor Premierships (or it looks to be that way), and perhaps even consecutive Grand Finals (pending finals time). One would think he deserves to be looked at for the halfback role. although Prince offers experinece, while Farrah is being groomed to be the Halfback at Tigers anyway. 3 quality choices there.

roopy

Referee
Mullen can play himself into the spot.
If Anasta keeps up current form he could come back into calculations.
There is a reasonable chance Hunt could be switched to 5/8 for the Broncos, and a brilliant back end of the season could see him in the test side at 5/8 because we have heaps of fullbacks.
and they could all get injured and we might go with someone totally out of left field.

CJKnight

Juniors
Will Prince even be available? What's the development in his injury? They won't play Prince if he misses the rest of the season.

macavity

Referee
Johns Magic said:
Mullen doesn't deserve it at all

agreed.

infact I would go so far as to say Abes has impressed more than Mullo at 5/8 the past couple of months. Origin shattered his confidence.

lets hope he gets it back.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Cowgirl86 said:
It won't be Cronk unless Prince is totally unable to do the job.

Why not, in my opinion Cronk would be a better halfback to compliment Thurston anyway.

jhonny bravo

Juniors
I think it will be and should be
6. Thurston
7. Prince

Thurston is a natural 5/8 as he started his career there and imo is best suited there. The only reasons that he has not played there in past apart from the Bulldogs is that he has had no one at the Cowboys to steer them around the park at half back and has had teh best 5/8 in the game in Lockyer at both SOO and Australian level.
Prince is the form halfback in the comp (apart from Thurston) and will be the half imo.

Shorty

Staff member
lockyno1 said:
Why not, in my opinion Cronk would be a better halfback to compliment Thurston anyway.
Maybe but Cronk hasn't played any representatives.

Prince has the experience and has had great form,pending he returns well from injury though.

You know what selectors are like.

Of course it all depends on the results at the end of the season.
Knowing selectors they'll probably put Anasta there.

But Mullen isn't a chance,I think Origin really stuffed his confidence to be honest.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Cowgirl86 said:
Maybe but Cronk hasn't played any representatives.

Prince has the experience and has had great form,pending he returns well from injury though.

You know what selectors are like.

Of course it all depends on the results at the end of the season.
Knowing selectors they'll probably put Anasta there.

But Mullen isn't a chance,I think Origin really stuffed his confidence to be honest.

Prince is hardly a representative veteran you do know. And he is playing injured, so it will be doubtfull whether he'll be availiable for selection anyway!

Latest posts