What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music Trivia Thread

Black Kitty

Juniors
So it is! :-k

From where (geographically speaking) did the Smashing Pumpkins originate?
and in what year was this?

Steel Dragon

Bench
Chicago 1988.

Wrong question to be asking me...

They performed their first two show at the Metro club in Chicago, with Billy, James, D'arcy and a drum machine. THe club owner said they could do a third on the condition the replaced the machine with a human. They recruited Jimmy on the suggestion of a friend.

Who did they open for at the metro, on their third ever gig?

Black Kitty

Juniors
saw a new post and thought someone had revived the thread!
guess not :(

shouldn't get a girls hopes up like that... it's not nice!

Tom Shines

First Grade
Well come on then, we need a question!

Who wrote the break-out hit for The Weather Girls (and Geri Halliwell :lol:), "It's Raining Men"?

Tom Shines

First Grade
By the way, that is the Paul Shaffer that everyone is thinking of — the one of CBS Orchestra fame.

Back to PCD, isn't it ripped off from some 80s song? So I imagine whoever weote whatever song that was is responsible.

Azkatro

First Grade
Might well have been, but AFAIK it is credited to this person. As a hint he had an unlikely hit as a part of a duo at around the same time.

Tom Shines

First Grade
I remember. The song I'm thinking of is Swass by Sir Mix-a-lot.
So I'll say Don't Cha was written by him.

Azkatro

First Grade
Not who I was thinking of, but credit where it's due .. I didn't know that's where it came from originally. It was "rehashed" by Cee-lo of Gnarls Barkley fame. Next q!

Pistol

Coach
Which song by John Denver was written as a tribute to the space shuttle Challenger crew who died in 1986? (features a 73 second guitar instrumental at the end to commemorate the mission's duration)