What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My attempt at a serious thread

Raider_69

Post Whore
im unemployed at present but like dani, have this awesome job lined up im dead keen on getting, had an interveiw today for it, will know before monday they recon, still very down about my love life, that always sucks! :( ... congrats dani on the job, here's hoping its the start of a run of good luck

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm very positive the trifecta in life exists

Love life
Work life
Home life

When 2 are in order, the other either sucks or doesn't exist. I currently have a sweet home and work life.

Raider_69

Post Whore
on your theory its not wonder im rather cynical at present

i hate living at home, cant wait till dec 1 and i can move out
i am unemployed, but will hopefully nab this job i went for
and im still struggling to move past the last chick i was involved in

:lol: sucks to be me

Timmah

Staff member
Well by Dec 1, you could have 2/3... the love life could take a while though, unless you're in a man-whore phase :lol:

Eelementary

Post Whore
Life is a never-ending cesspool of bitterness and massive disappointment. But you know what? The best way to get by is to just keep trudging along.

Timmah

Staff member
I think deep down we're all that bitter :(

Thats life ;-)

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well, what I meant to say is the following:

Life isn't really all that nice...Hell, you're born, and you spend 12 years being a kid, and I'll bet people will say those are the best moments of your life...All your worries are concerning where to hide when you play hide and seek...

Then you enter your teenage years, and hormones start to get involved in the picture...Life becomes much more meaningful, and you start to over-dramatise every little aspect...

You then grow out of your teens, get a degree (or not), and work for the rest of your life, until you're old enough to retire...

Once you're retired, it's almost like reverting back to your childhood - no work, still have family and friends, a more relaxed attitude...The difference is that you're much more frail, both mentally and physically...

And then you die.

So, 80-odd years (in average) are spent living life. Approximately 45 of those years are spent working your arse off, be it for financial gain, intellectual gain or both; 13 are spent running around blissfully as a kid; approximately 15 are spent in aged care, on the pension being cared for by professionals; and 7 years are left for your transition from kid to teen...

So, when it all boils down...Life is rather meaningless on the face of it, n'est-ce pas?

HOWEVER, this does not take into consideration all of life's little pleasures - the things that make this at times dreadful existence meaningful. Things like watching your favourite sports; spending time with friends and family; spending quality time with that guy/girl who just is always on your mind; fathering/mothering your very own piece of genetic identity, and watching them claw their way up the chain of life to get their own start in this game we call existence...It is these things which make the often dull and difficult life we all deal with every day worth living. And it is those very things that you must keep trudging along for - even when life gets you down. Because, at the end of the day, at the end of this tunnel of life...There are times, places and people you want to look back upon with a smile.

God-King Dean

Immortal
New blood joins this earth
And quickly he's subdued
Through constant pained disgrace
The new boy learns their rules...

... thought it was an appropriate time to bust out with some Metallica.

Latest posts