What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My attempt at a serious thread

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Phillips said:
people who attempt/commit suicide are incredibly stupid

you've got no f**king idea what you are talking about

just be greatful you've never had to deal with it

Dani

Immortal
I never told anyone. That way i couldn't be let down. Now i am a rock, it takes so much effort to find the "real" Dani which sucks.

But this one person kept chiselling away and finally got me to crack. That one night i cried and cried and cried. I wish i could repay them somehow. They changed my life in a way they will never know.

Phillips

Referee
Twizzle said:
you've got no f**king idea what you are talking about

just be greatful you've never had to deal with it

sorry twiz i didnt want to hit a nerve or anything its the last thing i'd do

but from my experiences (and everyone is different) i see it as an easy way out

but yeah, i dont wanna cause sh*t or anything..

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Phillips said:
sorry twiz i didnt want to hit a nerve or anything its the last thing i'd do

but from my experiences (and everyone is different) i see it as an easy way out

but yeah, i dont wanna cause sh*t or anything..

fair enuf

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Speaking of this suicide business, I realise it's a bit off-topic, but Milton Orkopoulos...

He's declared innocence - and now gone and tried to take, what I see anyway, as a cowards way out. He simply cannot face up for what has happened IMO, and as many predicted he tried for the sympathy vote by attempting suicide.

Any thoughts on this? Am I a cruel prick?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You've got everyone stumped or speechless there I reckon JM. Personally I don't think I've hit what would be classified as "depressed" so I don't feel qualified to comment on it.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm f**king depressed as...Except funnily enough I realise it...

But I have this constant feeling that, no matter what I do, I'm stuck in this deep hole and I can't get out of it...It sucks...I mean, I'm scared - it's lasted for 2 years now...

But, you know...You have to just keep soldiering on, I guess...

Eelementary

Post Whore
I have. And they've sort of helped...

But they just can't quite put their fingers on it. I don't know - it's kind of scary, because most of the times I'm alright...It's just on random occassions I realise, "OK...I'm stuck...I need help...I've gotten help...And it's not helping..." and I start to panic a bit...

Just have to keep trudging along.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I fear that I know exactly what you mean...

But I like to think it's just a matter of perspective. I mean, I'm OK now (but I'll probably be all depressed in a week or something lol), but it's only because I sit down and say to myself, "OK - this is where I need to be, so work to get there."

And things sort of work out. Life is too hard on you, you know? One mistake and it pounces on you like Leagueguy does on BBSF whenever they go out.

Crusher

Coach
Just Another 'Dogs Supporter said:
Speaking of this suicide business, I realise it's a bit off-topic, but Milton Orkopoulos...

He's declared innocence - and now gone and tried to take, what I see anyway, as a cowards way out. He simply cannot face up for what has happened IMO, and as many predicted he tried for the sympathy vote by attempting suicide.

Any thoughts on this? Am I a cruel prick?

not a cruel prick JADS. But remember to use the word allegedly :)

I've heard stories of suicide attempts where a person's reputation has been tarnished to the point of suicide despite being innocent. I'm not saying this guy is innocent but until he's proven guilty it's pretty bad.

Crusher

Coach
Dani said:
I fear i'll never be happy.
I don't think i have the happy gene.

here, have mine

051013_gene_patent.jpg

Houdini

First Grade
All I can do is reiterate some of things already mentioned here.

Talking to someone is one of the hardest things to do, yet can help so much. And sometimes it is easier to talk to a virtual stranger than someone close to you.
I've had what I call my blue days, bursting into tears for no reason, staying in bed all day cause I feel like I can't face the world, and while my issues are worlds away from what some posters here have been through, I found the smallest things could help. I like the sunshine, so on sunny days I make a point of going for a walk, or just sitting in the sun for a while.

Someone else mentioned walking and I love going for walks on my own, it gives me time to think things over, or forget about them completely if I choose to do so. It gives you a chance to clear your head and spend time on yourself.

We can't always live up to other peoples expectations, if you can dig deep and think about what you really want, take things 1 small step at a time. Do something that makes YOU happy, not what other people want/expect you to do.

And if someone says you are crazy or cant do it, don't listen them, listen to your heart, sometimes you need to look out for yourself above others, it's not being selfish, it's taking the time to work out what you want, what direction you want to take, and discovering what you think will make you happy.

My mum always tells me life wasn't meant to be easy, and it isn't, but part of life is working through these challenges. Try setting goals or setting aside time for yourself each day to do something that interests you, or that you enjoy doing. That is a starting point and thats all you need. From there you can try and build on this and see where life takes you.

From what I have read in this thread, a lot of you have an inner strength that maybe you just haven't fully recognised yet, but it's there, talking about your problems is just the tip of the ice berg.

There will always be someone to listen, even if its just a poster in the FFB.

You guys aren't alone, a lot of us care.

Latest posts