What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My daily drivel

Which Big 4 is better?

• Broncos

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Storms

Votes: 29 82.9%

• Total voters

Evenflow

Bench
for a fraction of the price the KC stadium in Hull is just as good and has a roof that actually keeps the rain off!

kc_stadium_hull_empty_400x300.jpg

kc_stadium.jpg

It looks nice enough and is nice but essentially it's just a pretty basic stadium that holds 5,000 less people hence it was much cheaper to bulild and unlike Griffo, i have actually been there and watched Hull City v Blackburn Rovers. It's a very good stadium viewing wise but hardly just as good overall as the bubble dome.

As for the roof, we play a winter sport where you're bound to get a bit wet from time to time but who cares? Geez PR, with an attitude like that i could swear you're from Sydney where the majority wont step foot outside the door at the first drop of rain :p

Perth Red

Post Whore
ha ha, it never rains here so I've got soft in my old age!! I used to stand every other week at Craven park with the arctic wind blowing off the Humber so any shelter would be a luxury in those days!

Appreciate it isn't quite as big but from a spectator experience point of view it isn;t much different and cost less than half. Melbournes a great stadium but what I am saying is it isn;t a world beater, and is expensive.

ps I agree Sydney needs 2 or 3 of this quality and size of stadium. Sadly the Govt is are skint and the NRL/clubs aren't much better so can't see it happening any time soon.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
To be honest, I dont see why we do. It would get used less then ANZ. Unless its for a specific team. Either the Tigers or Dogs.

Parra wouldnt use it unless it was in Parramatta. We would only take 2 games a year there if they offered more then ANZ is.

Penrith wouldnt use it either, no chance in hell.

Wests maybe, but for what 6 games a year?

If its in Liverpool, the Dogs would love it. Would be perfect for them.

There wouldnt be any Origin there, how many tests really? Perhaps an AllStars match?

Honestly, IMO, we just need the current suburban grounds upgraded. And/or, ANZ configured correctly.

WireMan

Bench
The thread has become an arguement about whether the stadium is good or not, when the title simply suggests sydney needs something like it.

Wow. LU never fails to miss the point...

Well what do you reckon then?

Back on the thread, Yes. Sydney needs a ground like that.

Doesn't need a bubbly roof that leaks, just a normal one works and is cheaper. Don't know where as i don't know Sydney, but somewhere the Dogs and Tigers can share? 30,000 seats is fine as there are bigger stadiums if the need is there. The Rabbits can then replace the Tigers at the SFS and the ANZ can be used the big stadium for the big events (finals, SOO etc.).

simostorm

Bench
Blacktown_stadium.jpg

Blacktown Stadium according to FIFA bid website.

41+k for world cup, reduced to 26k post world cup.

http://www.australia2018-2022.com.au/australias-bid_stadiums_blacktown-stadium---sydney.aspx

Nice. Would be good viewing for the fans. Not all that far from Parramatta and Cantebury. Eels, Dogs, Panthers, Wests coudl play games there. Games played there would be better then at Stadium Australia, ANZ or there own club grounds.. if its new and great.. like AAMI Park. :D

Atmosphere would be great. Fans would love it.. AAMI Park is unbeleivable to watch games at. A new stadium woudl freshen things up for Sydney ppl.. bring in the numbers.
Just be a matter of whether clubs would scheduled games there.. but the fans would love it.

simostorm

Bench
Might be easier for familys to get out to also.. They can drive there.. instead of shuffling there family onto trains and whatnot.

Perth Red

Post Whore
what would be needed is for a couple of clubs to commit to it being their home ground and playing all their games there. Part of the problem for some Sydney fans is not knowing one week to the next which "home ground" they are playing at or playing at a home ground that is either too small or too big.

applesauce

Bench
26k will be way to small post 2020 for any NRL club!!!!

Wonder if they will have a change of heart like AAMI Park and increase the capacity post WC size.....

simostorm

Bench
Brookevale = Piece of Garbage. Worst RL ground in the country.

Rubbish Club in which Delmage blows all his own money keeping them afloat.

They should have formed into the CC Bears instead of goin back to Manly Sea Eagles.

This is one side that would not be missed in the NRL. They add nothing at all to the game. They are 1 sydney side that should be culled.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Brookevale = Piece of Garbage. Worst RL ground in the country.

Rubbish Club in which Delmage blows all his own money keeping them afloat.

They should have formed into the CC Bears instead of goin back to Manly Sea Eagles.

This is one side that would not be missed in the NRL. They add nothing at all to the game. They are 1 sydney side that should be culled.

Best thread of the year. Do you even follow Rugby League you half wit?

The Northern Eagles came into existence because the Bears were gone after 99. The plan was always to relocate to the CC Bears from North Sydney - but they went broke.

Herein ends your history lesson.

Enjoy the wooden spoon you cheat loving merkin.