What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My daily drivel

Which Big 4 is better?

• Broncos

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Storms

Votes: 29 82.9%

• Total voters

simostorm

Bench
Simo AAMI Park is woefull mate if ur saying its world class ur kidding yourself mate wembley is better as is lansdowne road.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:C1b3ef8a.jpeg
Lansdowne Road

http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadiu...ed_kingdom/england/london/london_wembley2.jpg

Wembley

Both of these grounds why better then the melbourne ground hence the melbourne ground is long a way of being world class

Ill say it nice and slow so you can understand. watch my lips move if it helps..

AAMI Park in Melbourne is the #1 Rugby League Stadium in the World.

Its a world class Stadium.

griffo346

First Grade
i will reply nice and slow for you

m m m
mate i dont think it compares to those grounds i showed you go back to sleep and awaken when you are smart enough to relise

simostorm

Bench
Pretty sure it was 20 years after Docklands completion.

Tank, western grandstand is the one that backs onto the street, on the left of the pic (opposite the hill)

That had nothign to do with it. According to the special liftout that was in the paper last week.. They changed there plans on building the 40k stadium as they decided Docklands catered for 50k so the only thing Melbourne didnt have and needed was a 30k stadium purpose built for
rectangle games, soccer, rugby etc etc.

Canard

Immortal
Simo AAMI Park is woefull mate if ur saying its world class ur kidding yourself mate wembley is better as is lansdowne road.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:C1b3ef8a.jpeg
Lansdowne Road

http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadiu...ed_kingdom/england/london/london_wembley2.jpg

Wembley

Both of these grounds why better then the melbourne ground hence the melbourne ground is long a way of being world class

Griff that link for Landsdowne Road is an artist impression of what the new stadium (Aviva) will look like once completed.

Ive been to Wembley its bloody huge, so big though that is pretty crap being up in the cheap seats.

Id rate the Emirates (Arsenal's new 60K home ground) as being the best rectangular field Ive been to.

AAMI park is bloody good though, excellent viewing and good size.

griffo346

First Grade
i dont need to go to melbourne

and yes ive been to them and they are world class mate

be honest with you i also believe skilled is better then aami

simostorm

Bench

You havnt been!!! :lol::lol::lol:

You dont know what your mising.. its way better then anything youve ever been to.

duylm

Juniors
simostorm, going by the way you speak and argue, if you are anything other than a 14 year old boy i will eat my own hat.

It IS because it IS LALALALALA <shuts eyes, covers ears>

Evenflow

Bench

Pigs arse you've been to them, if you had you'd have known that one of the links you posted boasting about how great it is doesn't even have it's official opening until tomorrow!

Fail :lol:

Last edited:

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Melbourne needs to be burnt to the ground and have the earth salted

Bugger that, i have bigger plans

AFLWarPlans.jpg

All you fools are pissing in the wind, while trying to piss up the wall

Take UEFA standards.

Some of the main criteria which must be met are:

Elite

Stadiums must be all-seated and have a minimum capacity of 30,000 with 22,500 to be covered;
The playing surface dimensions must be 105 metres in length and 68 metres in width and entirely fence-free;
The playing surface must either be natural turf or FIFA-licensed artificial turf;
The substitute benches must seat at least 13 people;
The dressing rooms must seat at least 25 people;
There should also be a separate delegate's room, doping station, and first aid room;
Stadiums must have CCTV both inside and outside and a security control room;
Must provide seating for at least 1,500 VIPs, 200 visiting team VIPs, and 400 square metres of a hospitality area;
The floodlights must light the pitch to an illuminance of at least 1400 lux towards fixed cameras and 1000 lux towards mobile cameras;
There must be at least three TV studios within the stadium with dimensions of 5x5x2.3 metres;
In case of power failure, independent back-up power supply to provide equivalent light intensity without interruption;
Minimum of 150 VIP secured parking and 400 buses in the vicinity of the stadium;
No standing spectators allowed.

Category three

Stadiums must be all-seated and have a minimum capacity of 3,000;
The playing surface dimensions must be 105 metres in length and 68 metres in width;
Stadiums must have CCTV both inside and outside and a security control room;
Must provide seating for at least 750 VIPs and 200 visiting team VIPs;
The floodlights must light the pitch to an illuminance of at least 1200-1400 lux towards fixed cameras and 800-1000 lux towards mobile cameras;
There must be at least two TV studios within the stadium with dimensions of 5x5x2.3 metres;
In case of power failure, independent back-up power supply to provide equivalent light intensity without interruption;
Minimum of 150 VIP secured parking and 400 buses in the vicinity of the stadium;

Category two

Stadiums must be all-seated and have a minimum capacity of 3,000;
The playing surface dimensions must be 100-110 metres in length and 64-75 metres in width;
Stadiums must have a security control room;
Must provide seating for at least 400 VIPs and 200 visiting team VIP;
The floodlights must light the pitch to an illuminance of at least 800-1400 lux towards fixed cameras and 500-1000 lux towards mobile cameras;
There must be at least two TV studios within the stadium with dimensions 5x5x2.3 metres;
In case of power failure, independent back-up power supply to provide no less than two-thirds of the equivalent light intensity without interruption;
Minimum of 100 VIP secured parking;
[edit]Category one
Stadiums must be all-seated and have a minimum capacity of 200 in a grandstand;
The playing surface dimensions must be 100-110 metres in length and 64-75 metres in width;
Must provide seating for at least 50 VIPs and 20 visiting team VIPs;
The floodlights must light the pitch to an illuminance of at least 800-1400 lux towards fixed cameras and 500-1000 lux towards mobile cameras;
There must be at least a single TV studio within the stadium;
In case of power failure, no restriction;
Minimum of 20 VIP secured parking;
Standing spectators allowed.

The bubble is a great stadium. I have not been, but its fairly obvious. It may not be an elite stadium by UEFA standards, missing out on some minor things it looks like, but for viewing and atmosphere, its up there with the best.

If you are arguing that its not a good stadium, you are blatantly wrong by every measurement.

If you are arguing its world class, then by viewing and atmosphere its up there with the best. It may not have a capacity on par with the larger stadia out there but when put beside other 30k stadia it rates highly.

I mean what more could you want? Its a good stadium. End of story. Its not crap by any stretch of the imagination.

simostorm

Bench
Its better then anything that Sydney has.. by a long shot. And Sydney is the Home of rugby league. What a joke that is.

WireMan

Bench
All you fools are pissing in the wind, while trying to piss up the wall

Take UEFA standards.

The bubble is a great stadium. I have not been, but its fairly obvious. It may not be an elite stadium by UEFA standards, missing out on some minor things it looks like, but for viewing and atmosphere, its up there with the best.

If you are arguing that its not a good stadium, you are blatantly wrong by every measurement.

If you are arguing its world class, then by viewing and atmosphere its up there with the best. It may not have a capacity on par with the larger stadia out there but when put beside other 30k stadia it rates highly.

I mean what more could you want? Its a good stadium. End of story. Its not crap by any stretch of the imagination.

But could you imagine Uefa putting a final in that ground? Obviously assuming the ground magically moved to a Euro city of your choice?

Minor or not, non elite means non elite. How many stars did Fifa give it (genuine qustion as i don't know)?

It would not make a list of the top 20 stadiums in Europe.

I'm sure its "good". For 250 million it really should be.

Good however is not the "best rugby league stadium in the world". i have to say though i doubt even Simostorm can really believe that and is actually just trying to wind up the Sydney folk a bit.

Perth Red

Post Whore
for a fraction of the price the KC stadium in Hull is just as good and has a roof that actually keeps the rain off!

kc_stadium_hull_empty_400x300.jpg

kc_stadium.jpg

brendothejet

First Grade
The thread has become an arguement about whether the stadium is good or not, when the title simply suggests sydney needs something like it.

Wow. LU never fails to miss the point...