What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My QLD Team

lockyno1

Post Whore
join the bandwagon said:
Hypothetical here... If Smith and Berrigan and Ennis are unavailable to play, who will be hooker?

Smith with berrigan as a utility. Smith is by far the best hooker, not to mention a damn good reserve goalkicker behind Thurston, and Berrigan is the best utility QLD have. Both will be there. Ennis becuase of Bennetts stupidity won't be a hope, neither will PJ Marsh.

To answer your question, the hooker if both are unavailiable could be Nathan Friend as the utility and Payne as starting 9.

And to think, I was about to call you an idiot.
Go ahead,but im not the one rushing in to defend locky'no1's posts

No, because Tate has proven he can play wing at that level.

He has also shown that the way he is playing this yr he is lucky he is not running on for aspley.
So it's not just about Hunt anymore for you, eh? All Broncos are now hacks.
No not all ...i was having a go at Locky naming Micheals as a winger for qld...seems he forgot all about Darius

Premiers in 2006, daz. Maybe one day when the Cows win a comp you'll actually be able to understand that winning a comp earns the players a fair bit of credit in the eyes of selectors.

Utter bullsh*t...... Where were any of the tigers in(oz side) the 3N after 2005.....,, i eagerly await your reply...

Ghoulies

Bench
dazza62 said:
Go ahead,but im not the one rushing in to defend locky'no1's posts
Locky is an idiot. It'd take an even bigger idiot to refute that, which is why I only responded to what I thought were unjust criticisms of the Broncos and their players.

He has also shown that the way he is playing this yr he is lucky he is not running on for aspley.

No not all ...i was having a go at Locky naming Micheals as a winger for qld...seems he forgot all about Darius
Fair enough.

Utter bullsh*t...... Where were any of the tigers in(oz side) the 3N after 2005.....,, i eagerly await your reply...
The situation with the Tigers was an anomaly. Pretty much every other season has seen an influx in representative duties for premiership winning players.

The only plausible reasons I can really think of to explain it are: (a) A fair few of the Tigs top performing players were Kiwis; (b) Far too much loyalty was shown to players who hadn't performed well in months.

Ghoulies

Bench
dazza62 said:
Only cause he deserves it.
And what did he do to deserve it...

Get picked in rep sides? Allow the media to talk him up? :roll:

Or is it the whole nationality issue? If it is, I don't recall you salivating over the possibilities of Webb or Fien getting smashed when they donned the black and white jersey.

Panthers888

Juniors
fourxman said:
As far as i see it these are the players you would consider if there were no injuries: Shaun Berrigan, Dane Carlaw, Tonie Carroll, Petero Civoniceva, Justin Hodges, Karmichael Hunt, Darren Lockyer, Corey Parker, David Stagg, Brent Tate, Sam Thaiday, Brad Thorn, Ben Ross, Josh Hannay, Neville Costigan, Scott Logan, William Zillman, Michael Crocker, Cooper Cronk, Israel Folau, Greg Inglis, Dallas Johnson, Antonio Kaufusi, Billy Slater, Cameron Smith, Steve Bell, Brenton Bowen, Matthew Bowen, Paul Bowman, Ashley Graham, Jacob Lillyman, Aaron Payne, Matthew Scott, Jonathan Thurston, Shane Tronc, Carl Webb, Ty Williams, Willie Tonga, PJ Marsh, Tim Smith, Daniel Wagon, Shannon Hegarty, Ashley Harrison, Chris Beattie, Chris Flannery, Danny Nutley, Nate Myles, Brad Meyers, Gavin Cooper, Scott Prince, Matt Rogers, Chris Walker, Steve Price

You're kidding. You've got Zillman there but no Michael Gordon?

Ghoulies

Bench
Panthers888 said:
You're kidding. You've got Zillman there but no Michael Gordon?
Mick Gordon is a Blue, isn't he?

I'm aware that he spent a season or two in the QCup, but I'm pretty sure he's from south of the border.

Ghoulies said:
And what did he do to deserve it...

Get picked in rep sides? Allow the media to talk him up? :roll:

Or is it the whole nationality issue? If it is, I don't recall you salivating over the possibilities of Webb or Fien getting smashed when they donned the black and white jersey.

I have stated ... Webb should have been fullback for OZ & cutie should have been fullback for NZ.

AS For Fein.... it was a joke but the kiwis do not have the talent to pick from as the Aussies do..( You could probably pick 3 OZ teams that would be competitive,we have that many good players in each position)

cuties selection was political,& pissed alot of people off as with the amount of depth we have in fullbacks for OZ,he was down the list,yet got selected ahead of far better performing players.

Now being the "incumbant",he would have to break a leg to lose his spot (no matter how bad he has been playing). AT the moment he is possibly the worst defensive fullback in the comp,but still retains his spot.

Tell me this ..excatly what does a far better performing fullback(Bowen,Slater,MacKinnon,Stewart) have to do to get the chance to represent their country.

lockyno1

Post Whore
dazza62 said:
Tell me this ..excatly what does a far better performing fullback(Bowen,Slater,MacKinnon,Stewart) have to do to get the chance to represent their country.

Play well at rep level! Something NONE of those players have!

Mr Saab

Referee
dazza62 said:
Shouldn't you play well at NRL level 1st....without Locky holding your hand?

Perhaps Hunt holds Lockyers hand?
When Hunt was out with his foot injury the Broncos lost 5/7.
He came back and the broncos won the comp ;-)
One day Dazza you too will feel what its like to be a fan and watch your team make fools of all the "experts"

Perhaps Hunt holds Lockyers hand?
Just when i thought you couldn't post anything stupider.Locky had done it all long before cutie came along..
What did cutie do when locky was out injured....answer...f**k all.

When Hunt was out with his foot injury the Broncos lost 5/7.
He came back and the broncos won the comp
You can thank Hodges for getting the broncos to the final....
Down 19 v 0 with cutie at fullback.....Put Hodges there after half time &suddenly the broncos play well enough to smash the dogs

A question for the bronco head in the sand twins..Saab & Lockyno1
Q. After 5 rds is cutie in the top 5 fullbacks in the NRL...

Mr Saab

Referee
It was actually 20-6...where did you get 19-0 from Dazza?

On "form" Hunt is not the best fullback in the comp, but FOR f**kS SAKE...they dont pick the teams on FORM...they pick them on trust..on players they know will get the job done.
Stuart is no fan of Bowen. This 1st occured in the match between the Chooks and Cows up there last yr (the Finch "kiss my ass" match) when Bowen played like crap.
Then in origin 1 2006 he did nothing.

Deal with it Dazza and enjoy you sticking pins into your Hunt voodoo doll tomorrow night.

skeepe

Immortal
I can't believe that Scott Logan's form has been overlooked by so many here. He's easily buy of the season for the Raiders so far and one of the form props of the competition.

Some of the names people are putting in their sides ahead of Logan are laughable. Ross? On the bench at Cronulla. Webb? A little thing called a broken jaw. Tronc? Nope. Logan has been far better. Same for Carlaw.

But hey, he's not one of the glamour players of the competition, just dominates pretty much every forward pack he comes across, so feel free to continue to ignore him. I've got a pretty good feeling if he keeps up his form, he'll be on the bench for Queensland come Origin 1.

Mr Saab

Referee
I wouldnt mind Logan off the bench for 2 stints totalling 40 mins or so.
He could get found out around the rucks with his lack of mobility

Changa

Juniors
1/ Bowen
2/ Hunt
3/ Bell
4/ Hodges
5/ Inglis
6/ Lockyer
7/ Thurston
8/ Price
9/ Smith