What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My QLD Team

Changa said:
1/ Bowen
2/ Hunt
3/ Bell
4/ Hodges
5/ Inglis
6/ Lockyer
7/ Thurston
8/ Price
9/ Smith
10/ Civenociva
11/ Crocker
12/ Myles
13/ Johnson

14/ Ross
15/ Webb
16/ Carroll
17/ Berrigan

Wow, Nate Myles.....the guy is as stale as 2 month old bread.

lockyno1

Post Whore
god1 said:
Your a dickhead...bowen has been the best fullback this year

So what..he is awful at rep level..remind me who was at fullback when we lost game 1 last year! If he named Slater, I would be ok with it, as he has been better than bowen anyway. Hunt will be the fullback anyway.

Changa

Juniors

Id rather stale bread, than mouldy cheese...if u havent realised theres not much to choose from in the backrow for them. Myles served his purpose well last year and despite his poor form, deserves to be there again. Bowens on field form speaks for himself-no need to justify.

Changa said:

Id rather stale bread, than mouldy cheese...if u havent realised theres not much to choose from in the backrow for them. Myles served his purpose well last year and despite his poor form, deserves to be there again. Bowens on field form speaks for himself-no need to justify.

Id choose costigin infront of myles despite the fact myles is bigger.
Myles = overated

Azkatro

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
So what..he is awful at rep level..remind me who was at fullback when we lost game 1 last year!
So what you're saying is that whoever is the fullback for QLD during a loss is solely at fault. Right, so that means Hunt is, by that definition, better than Gary Belcher, Darren Lockyer, Colin Scott, Robbie O'Davis, Dale Shearer, Paul Hauff, Julian O'Neill, Rhys Wesser, Wendell Sailor, Matt Bowen, Billy Slater and Clinton Schifcofske, who have all played at fullback in a Maroons' losing side.

That means he must be up there with Mitch Brennan who is the only other player other than K Hunt to have played fullback for Queensland and not lost playing there.

You're a gimp.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Yet you are worse for believing that Bowen will be there this year. What did the great Matt Bowen do last night when the pressure was on..yep thats right sweet f..k all! And I don't think I saw him run the ball back once from a ball receive- always passing to his wingers! At least Slater runs the ball back.

icewind

Juniors
Azkatro said:
So what you're saying is that whoever is the fullback for QLD during a loss is solely at fault. Right, so that means Hunt is, by that definition, better than Gary Belcher, Darren Lockyer, Colin Scott, Robbie O'Davis, Dale Shearer, Paul Hauff, Julian O'Neill, Rhys Wesser, Wendell Sailor, Matt Bowen, Billy Slater and Clinton Schifcofske, who have all played at fullback in a Maroons' losing side.

That means he must be up there with Mitch Brennan who is the only other player other than K Hunt to have played fullback for Queensland and not lost playing there.

You're a gimp.

Shifcofske hasn't played fullback in a maroon losing side.

Azkatro

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
Yet you are worse for believing that Bowen will be there this year. What did the great Matt Bowen do last night when the pressure was on..yep thats right sweet f..k all! And I don't think I saw him run the ball back once from a ball receive- always passing to his wingers! At least Slater runs the ball back.
You are so here-and-now.. I bet if I pointed out a game where Hunt did nothing you would moan and bleat that it was a one-off, but when Bowen has one bad game he's all of a sudden the worst player on the planet. You have the attention span of a gnat.

bowen_1

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
What did the great Matt Bowen do last night when the pressure was on..yep thats right sweet f..k all!

So he doesn't come up with match-winning plays hey locky. How about you actually watch a bit of football:

rd 1, cows v broncs. 16-all, bowen makes "the great" hunt look second rate and wins the game, then lands the field goal.

rd 4, cows v tigers, 18-24 down. bowen beats 7 defenders to score under the posts, then pots the field goal again to win the game.

Matches won by bowen this year - 2
Matches won by hunt - 0

lockyno1

Post Whore
bowen_1 said:
So he doesn't come up with match-winning plays hey locky. How about you actually watch a bit of football:

rd 1, cows v broncs. 16-all, bowen makes "the great" hunt look second rate and wins the game, then lands the field goal.

rd 4, cows v tigers, 18-24 down. bowen beats 7 defenders to score under the posts, then pots the field goal again to win the game.

Matches won by bowen this year - 2
Matches won by hunt - 0

Problem is QLD don't need him. Hunt is a much better player- see the test match for evidence. My main problem wasn't that he didn't come up with the play to win the game, it was the fact taht he basically refused to run the ball back from a kick. That is EXACTLY why I don't want him in the Origin side!

Azkatro

First Grade
icewind said:
plus the "ill let every bomb that comes my way bounce first".
:roll: Because he's done that multiple times in each and every one of his 137 odd first grade appearances, hasn't he?

Azkatro

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
QLD dont need bowen, they wont pick Bowen.
Deal with it Bowen lovers.
They don't need Hunt either, so it's a moot point. You can't seem to deal with the fact that some people would like to see Bowen picked, how is that different from so-called "Bowen lovers" not being able to deal with his non-selection?

lockyno1

Post Whore
Azkatro said:
They don't need Hunt either, so it's a moot point. You can't seem to deal with the fact that some people would like to see Bowen picked, how is that different from so-called "Bowen lovers" not being able to deal with his non-selection?

Hunt has a better track record in rep games and will be picked. I would much rather if Hunt was not picked, Slater to be ahead of Bowen anyway. But that is a moot point as Hunt will be picked!