What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name two players from the Rugby World Cup that you would love to see in the NRL

Loudstrat

Coach
Well I'll be buggered. Why the f*ck would they play at Henson??

Love how the Yawnion fans come out of the woodwork too :lol:

maccattack

Juniors
You can still stand close to the field with a beer and the action is close. It is a blast from the past. No plastic buckets that you have to sit in, no bars closing at half time, full strength beer, no generic expensive crap food.

REALLY!! Geez i better get my union on then. :roll:

Patorick

Staff member
Yeah it never hurts to have a quick browse of RLP before claiming something like that.

Canard

Immortal
Sydney club rugby is still like that all over Sydney. Great Saturday arvos watching a few grades, kids on the field after etc

Your talking about an amateur sport compared to professional sport.

You get the exact same thing at the equivalent level league matches. Especially in rural QLD (cant speak for NSW having not lived there, but I imagine its the same).

I can still go and park my car on the sideline and watch 3 grades + in Cairns, Mackay, Townsville, outer suburban Brisbane etc.

Loudstrat

Coach
It is the same. The difference is that in the League setting you will see no current internationals playing.

Parra

Referee
Your talking about an amateur sport compared to professional sport.

You get the exact same thing at the equivalent level league matches. Especially in rural QLD (cant speak for NSW having not lived there, but I imagine its the same).

I can still go and park my car on the sideline and watch 3 grades + in Cairns, Mackay, Townsville, outer suburban Brisbane etc.

NSW is the same. Good stuff.

The difference is that you will get to see S15 / Wallaby level players in Sydney club rugby. This was not the case when Eddy Jones was the coach and players seemed to be permanently in 'camp wallaby'. Deans made a point of sending non-squad players back to the first grade level and this flowed down through the NSW team as well.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
NSW is the same. Good stuff.

The difference is that you will get to see S15 / Wallaby level players in Sydney club rugby. This was not the case when Eddy Jones was the coach and players seemed to be permanently in 'camp wallaby'. Deans made a point of sending non-squad players back to the first grade level and this flowed down through the NSW team as well.
So what you're saying is you'll get to see NSW cup standard footballers. ;-)

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
What I am talking about mainly is the atmosphere.
"Oh I say old bean, what spiffing play from young Kensington - Smith."
"Oh I can occur old chap, a wonderful penalty goal. I must say though these dusky fellows are ruining the spectacle by all this running."
"I say old bean that dusky fellow is a future wallaby".
"Oh good show then, carry on young Fuliuliki- Jones. Another brandy old bean"
"I'd be delighted old man, how's the land rover?"

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
"Oh I say old bean, what spiffing play from young Kensington - Smith."
"Oh I can occur old chap, a wonderful penalty goal. I must say though these dusky fellows are ruining the spectacle by all this running."
"I say old bean that dusky fellow is a future wallaby".
"Oh good show then, carry on young Fuliuliki- Jones. Another brandy old bean"
"I'd be delighted old man, how's the land rover?"

Be careful, your underclass is showing (and your inferiority complex) - its been a whole century that rugby union was the sport of the so-called elite upper classes (except maybe in England). Every man & his dog gets to play it in NZ...& make it

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Be careful, your underclass is showing (and your inferiority complex) - its been a whole century that rugby union was the sport of the so-called elite upper classes (except maybe in England). Every man & his dog gets to play it in NZ...& make it

Well done on the Kiwis then.

Not like that in Australia though.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Be careful. You might miss the obvious satire.