What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Cleary

franklin2323

Immortal
No one is saying Nathan is the finished product or he isn't FG standard just whether he is good enough to warrant the crazy money or to lead the team around for 5 years

Nathan isn't worth his pay check right now, that is obvious. He isn't the only one though. I just don't understand why he is being death ridden.

He’s the highest paid player on the team, that comes with the most scrutiny.

If I saw a light at the end of the tunnel I might be a bit more circumspect, but I don’t see it. I doubt he’ll ever be a top level halfback.

betcats

Referee

If I saw a light at the end of the tunnel I might be a bit more circumspect, but I don’t see it. I doubt he’ll ever be a top level halfback.

Maybe but it seems like its become popular to bag Nathan amongst footy fans. Also it seems like people are convincing themselves he is much worse than he is in this thread.

OldPanther

Coach
Maybe but it seems like its become popular to bag Nathan amongst footy fans. Also it seems like people are convincing themselves he is much worse than he is in this thread.

Oh he's being death ridden for sure in the NRL world.

betcats

Referee
Oh he's being death ridden for sure in the NRL world.

Yep. People may have some legit concerns over his ability but I think a lot of fans are hammering him because of what happened in the offseason with his Dad. He started to loose his shine then, and lots of people in RL from the media to the fans were hoping to see Gus fail, with us an extension of that. I think a lot of that negativity is making his issues seem much worse then they are.

It’s become popular because of the reasons I mentioned.

Pay cheque

Playing for NSW

And the commentary hype

Footy fans aren’t stupid, they know when someone is overrated.

Yep. People may have some legit concerns over his ability but I think a lot of fans are hammering him because of what happened in the offseason with his Dad. He started to loose his shine then, and lots of people in RL from the media to the fans were hoping to see Gus fail, with us an extension of that. I think a lot of that negativity is making his issues seem much worse then they are.

Fans know how to read a stat line, they’ve never been more engaged in footy statistics because of SuperCoach. They know he isn’t producing.

As soon as he signed that massive contract the pressure was going to be extraordinary.

age.s

First Grade

Pay cheque

Playing for NSW

And the commentary hype

Overrated is different to bad though.

"Overrated" players tend to become underrated pretty quickly in my experience too.

mxlegend99

Referee
Fans know how to read a stat line, they’ve never been more engaged in footy statistics because of SuperCoach. They know he isn’t producing.

As soon as he signed that massive contract the pressure was going to be extraordinary.
If fans were going off supercoach scores he's actually one of the best halves and his scores are among the most consistent.

BxTom

Bench

YOU think he's the highest paid. It could actually be Maloney that's the highest paid. It's largely conjecture. Regardless, you are death riding him for how many pages now?

betcats

Referee

Pay cheque

Playing for NSW

And the commentary hype

Yep they knew Mitch Pearce was overrated for years and now he is the saviour of NSW apparently. Fans are fickle and led by the media a lot of the time and many of them are stupid.

betcats

Referee
YOU think he's the highest paid. It could actually be Maloney that's the highest paid. It's largely conjecture. Regardless, you are death riding him for how many pages now?

14 pages in a week, after our best win of the season in which cleary backed up from origin and was still the last guy chasing down radley at the end.

And Bx is right, Maloney might be on more and has played far worse games than Nathan ever has for us.

OldPanther

Coach
14 pages in a week, after our best win of the season in which cleary backed up from origin and was still the last guy chasing down radley at the end.

And Bx is right, Maloney might be on more and has played far worse games than Nathan ever has for us.

Hey the thread is meant to be an examination over a long period of time and me admitting some things after being his biggest defender and only person online arguing for him to play origin.

Latest posts