What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Friend

Rich102

Staff member
f**k everyone else's opinion. Friend is THE MAN. Sign him now!

Such a nice guy too. Never met him in my life, but with a last name like that how could be NOT be a nice guy.

The Friendly Warriors? Is that the image we want to portray?

Skinner

Coach
f**k everyone else's opinion. Friend is THE MAN. Sign him now!

Such a nice guy too. Never met him in my life, but with a last name like that how could be NOT be a nice guy.

ooooooh I love a man that's assertive :ls:

hitman82

Bench
Fish
Inu
Mannering
Ropati
Vatuvei
Maloney/Mateo/Godinet
Johnson/Maloney/Godinet
Packer
Friend
Rapira
Mateo/Brown
Ta'ai
Luck/Rapira

Hohaia/Mara
Lillyman
Matulino
Brown/Lousi

....looks good to me

One Warrior

Bench
Would be a good signing for us, the Titans beat us three times last year including in the finals, a large part of this was due to Nathan Friend, the Titans have the same record as us so far this year, Nathan Friend has beeb injured.

If we sign him Heremud to go, retain Hohaia and Mara, Berrigan would also probably be let go if he isn't retained as a centre option.

ToiletDuck

Juniors
Isn't Friend an 80 min hooker?

While that has it's benefits I'm sure most here would like to see Mara get some decent time on the field..

devoid

Juniors
Friend close to Warriors deal

The Warriors chances of securing Gold Coast Titans hooker Nathan Friend appeared to have increased.

Friend is leaving the Titans at the end of the current NRL season, and reports in Australia are linking him to a three-year deal with the Warriors.

Friend says he'll be sad to leave the Titans but he has good options.

He says he's had a lot of interest, with offers better than what Gold Coast could put forward.

The Warriors three-year offer is reportedly close to $1million.

http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/news/article/-/9151931/friend-close-warriors-deal/

devoid

Juniors
Searle rules out Friend counter-offer

TITANS boss Michael Searle has ruled out increasing the club's offer to off-contract hooker Nathan Friend in a last-ditch bid to keep him on the Gold Coast.

The revelation Friend would quit the club at season's end yesterday sent shockwaves through the Gold Coast and left fans asking why the Titans haven't done more to retain him.

With the Titans and Friend unable to reach an agreement on a new deal, the headgear wearing rake looks set to accept a three-year offer from the Warriors believed to be worth close to $1 million.

It is understood the Gold Coast's final offer was a two-year deal, with a one year option, worth just over $700,000.

"We have got a budget we have got to work within," Searle said.

"Financially there is only so much you can spend.

"The offers he is obtaining, from what we understand, are substantially higher than ours.

"I would be being irresponsible if I tried to match some of the offers he appears to be attracting.

"It is not as though he has been put in a position where he hasn't been given an offer.

"We will be disappointed to see him go.

"He has been great for our club."

It will not be the last tough decision surrounding the salary cap this season for the Titans.

More than a dozen players are up for renewal in what is shaping as the biggest personnel shake up since the club's inaugural season in 2007.

Topping the list of off-contract Titans are ageing stars Luke Bailey, Preston Campbell, Brad Meyers, Anthony Laffranchi and Clinton Toopi.

At the other end of the spectrum, Joseph Tomane, Esi Tonga, Kayne Lawton, Riley Brown, Will Matthews, Jordan Rankin, Luke Capewell and Shannon Walker are also facing pivotal seasons in their burgeoning NRL careers.

Titans skipper Scott Prince said he would like Friend to stay.

"Of course I would like him to stay. This team is better with him in it. We have seen it this year. His contribution, his workload has been missed," Prince said.

"The chemistry of this team has been hampered by his absence.

"But he has to look after himself and his family. That is the profession we are in. Loyalty is not a factor any more. That is just the facts of the situation.

"The clubs run it as a business and so must the players.

"I also know both Friendy and the club would want this resolved quickly because I certainly do not want it to be an issue for the team."

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2011/04/07/306025_gold-coast-titans.html

Izz

Bench
If the offer is that much, and we do sign him, i guess there'll be a few players not coming back next year.

Heremaia, Hohaia, Lillyman, Moon, Seymour, probably gorne. Maybe even John, Locke and perhaps Maloney.

blain

Juniors
Pretty sure we are sitting on money from last year. 300k a year for Friend is about right imo. If we shed say Heremaia and Seymour, that would cover his pay easy.

devoid

Juniors
Pretty sure we are sitting on money from last year. 300k a year for Friend is about right imo. If we shed say Heremaia and Seymour, that would cover his pay easy.

Berrigan's would go close to covering it by itself too.

Iafeta

Referee
If the offer is that much, and we do sign him, i guess there'll be a few players not coming back next year.

Heremaia, Hohaia, Lillyman, Moon, Seymour, probably gorne. Maybe even John, Locke and perhaps Maloney.

There is no way whatsoever you need to shed that many players for $300K. Heremaia, Hohaia, Moon and Seymour will probably go, but I don't think its necessarily related to Friend (Heremaia aside). John and Maloney have options for 2012. I think they'll take both up. I'm not sure how long Kevin is contracted to.

I think Hohaia and perhaps Seymour easily cover $300K.

JAG

Juniors
If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. I'm glad that we're even thinking about opening up the purse and looking at buying in better players

maddest_kiwi

Juniors
Fish
Inu
Mannering
Ropati
Vatuvei
Maloney/Mateo/Godinet
Johnson/Maloney/Godinet
Packer
Friend
Rapira
Mateo/Brown
Ta'ai
Luck/Rapira

Hohaia/Mara
Lillyman
Matulino
Brown/Lousi

....looks good to me

Only one problem with this team... It needs a decent coach. Bluey please.

Izz

Bench
There is no way whatsoever you need to shed that many players for $300K. Heremaia, Hohaia, Moon and Seymour will probably go, but I don't think its necessarily related to Friend (Heremaia aside). John and Maloney have options for 2012. I think they'll take both up. I'm not sure how long Kevin is contracted to.

I think Hohaia and perhaps Seymour easily cover $300K.
True, true.

Regardless, i reckon most of the those i mentioned, bar Maloney (and possibly John), will be gorneskies come end of season. Locke's contract is until the end of 2011, iirc. If Lillyman has a barnstormer he might get an extension; he seems to like it here, at any rate. I reckon Berrigan will be here next season too--though i heard on radio sport this morning that his contract stipulates he has to play 20 games first-grade this season for his option to kick in.

Lossy

Juniors
Not too sure that Hohaia will be off next year. He'll eligible for the 100K 10 year service cap exemption. But you never know.

Latest posts