What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Tinkler relinquishes ownership of the Newcastle Knights

Ausguy

Coach
The knights had another offer on the table when tinkler took over. It was a members trust model backed by local multi millionaire Andrew Poole who has his fingers in a lot of pies, he owns a late accounting firm and sits on the board of a lot of large companies.. Although not as rich as tinkler, the model would still have us as one of the richer clubs in the nrl. This offer will hopefully be back on the table when tinkler goes.

See ECT

Chicken HUnter helped you out on how to have an actual conversation on the facts of the situation.

Thanks CH

perverse

Referee
The knights had another offer on the table when tinkler took over. It was a members trust model backed by local multi millionaire Andrew Poole who has his fingers in a lot of pies, he owns a late accounting firm and sits on the board of a lot of large companies.. Although not as rich as tinkler, the model would still have us as one of the richer clubs in the nrl. This offer will hopefully be back on the table when tinkler goes.
I don't know if that offer will come back in it's same form, but I do expect Poole and his anonymous peers to start poking around again the minute they get the chance.

I get that other clubs fans know f**k all about what goes on up in Newie, but if you had been through the takeover process at ground zero (as in, treated as a stakeholder of the club at the time) - then you would realise how many things really do need to fall on their arse or disappear for our club to be in actual, real trouble.

Ausguy

Coach
I don't know if that offer will come back in it's same form, but I do expect Poole and his anonymous peers to start poking around again the minute they get the chance.

I get that other clubs fans know f**k all about what goes on up in Newie, but if you had been through the takeover process at ground zero (as in, treated as a stakeholder of the club at the time) - then you would realise how many things really do need to fall on their arse or disappear for our club to be in actual, real trouble.

Exactly... they will be fine.

Ausguy

Coach
I know it's a bit cheeky to want rugby league clubs that actaully do something for rugby league.

Yep you are a better club because you have been gifted a demographic that has no other clubs within hundreds of Kilometres.

Tell me many juniors do they have?

perverse

Referee
The Jets are a completely different story altogether. They are far more closely attached to Tinkler's fate. I do worry for them at this stage. They have none of the safeguards to protect the club from this eventuality - if it all continues to go tits up then they are between a rock and a hard place... and will need to find another sugar daddy asap.

Yep you are a better club because you have been gifted a demographic that has no other clubs within hundreds of Kilometres.

Tell me many juniors do they have?

Gifted a demographic? You seem to think football clubs are just planted in certain areas unaturally. By the way Newcastle to Sydney is not "hundreds of kilometres". Even people fro the Shoire should know that.

There's no other clubs of any code in the Cronulla area either. That's because no other sport would be stupid enough to spend $7million a year on a club that brings nothing to the sport and exists in a tiny, insular corner of Sydney. If you haven't been "gifted" a favourable demographic (whatever that means) maybe you should merge or relocate.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Knights must be saved at all cost by the nrl. We already have one league strong hold without a stand alone team in the Illawarra (which is another discussion/debate), it cannot happen again with the knights. The knights area is the life blood of league.

Ausguy

Coach
Gifted a demographic? You seem to think football clubs are just planted in certain areas unaturally. By the way Newcastle to Sydney is not "hundreds of kilometres". Even people fro the Shoire should know that.

There's no other clubs of any code in the Cronulla area either. That's because no other sport would be stupid enough to spend $7million a year on a club that brings nothing to the sport and exists in a tiny, insular corner of Sydney. If you haven't been "gifted" a favourable demographic (whatever that means) maybe you should merge or relocate.

160Kms (sorry im 40ks short) is far enough from other clubs to warrant owning ALL THE NEWCASTLE JUNIORS wouldnt you think? Of course you are going to have more juniors and more fans, its like comparing Brisbane to Cronulla.

Anyway enjoy your hardship.

160Kms (sorry im 40ks short) is far enough from other clubs to warrant owning ALL THE NEWCASTLE JUNIORS wouldnt you think? Of course you are going to have more juniors and more fans, its like comparing Brisbane to Cronulla.

Anyway enjoy your hardship.
My local amateur club does more for RL than the Super League Sharks. Like I said, if you don't have a big enough area, fan base or juniors and you want to bitch about it, merge or relocate.

Ausguy

Coach
Another lie... what does your local amateur club do?

We might relocate actually.

Nth 160kms, there might be a stadium not being used.

First Grade
Another lie... what does your local amateur club do?

We might relocate actually.

Nth 160kms, there might be a stadium not being used.

Pfft seriously delusional if you think Newcastle will fold. Have your childish and meaningless arguments but to say Newcastle will fold is ludicrous and shows you as a bitter non NRL supporter IMO.

Ausguy

Coach
Pfft seriously delusional if you think Newcastle will fold. Have your childish and meaningless arguments but to say Newcastle will fold is ludicrous and shows you as a bitter non NRL supporter IMO.

Hi Sheldon!!!