What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Tinkler relinquishes ownership of the Newcastle Knights

Ausguy

Coach
Calm down E.C.T. take a pill

The knights wouldnt be in better shape than the sharks if they were broke, a stupid comment really.

As for Sharko he isnt a sharks fan.

Ausguy

Coach
A better ground they pay rent on, bigger crowds sure, more members sure.

How would they go about ongoing revenue?

Ausguy

Coach
Well we are comparing the sharks and knights only arent we?

Their future revenue income wont be similar at all.

Ausguy

Coach
Calm down E.C.T. take a pill

The knights wouldnt be in better shape than the sharks if they were broke, a stupid comment really.

As for Sharko he isnt a sharks fan.

The Knights would still have a better ground, bigger crowds and more members so I reckon they would be in better shape.

A better ground they pay rent on, bigger crowds sure, more members sure.

How would they go about ongoing revenue?

On what planet does "every other club" mean the Sharks?

Were you present for the start of our conversation? You started the comparison of the Knights and Sharks not me. Other clubs have nothing to do with it. All im saying is the future revenue streams of both clubs is very different. IMO the sharks are in a much better spot, especially given todays developments.

Were you present for the start of our conversation? You started the comparison of the Knights and Sharks not me. Other clubs have nothing to do with it. All im saying is the future revenue streams of both clubs is very different. IMO the sharks are in a much better spot, especially given todays developments.
You said how would the Knights make money if they were broke. The answer is THE SAME AS EVERY OTHER f**kING CLUB. Except they don't rely poker machines.

Ausguy

Coach
No not every club, the Sharks will be recieving revenue no other club will have. Therefore my point was that IMO the Knights wouldnt be in a better position than the Sharks.

Correct me if im wrong but before Tinkler, the knights were in trouble werent they?

What would stop them from returning to the same position in the future?

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Read the post? Whitehaven is worth $660m.. Patinack at worst fire sale value is $150m. Even all too hard by himself is worth $20m. There is also another $200m in other properties around the world.

Some minor subsidiary of Patinack I think the admin company that pays wages went into recievership. The rest is still running at this stage.

You seem very angry. Did your house get sold by a bank?

It's amazing how many experts in finance and the production of coal we have on these forums

I don't think you need to be an expert to notice the bleeding obvious.

You can sure ignore it and go into denial though.

Feel free to quote me and mock me when both Tinkler and the knights go under

I'm quoting you to the point of mockery. How is the life of an Ostrich?

Big day for whc up 2.67%

Outside of whitehaven these are all unlisted private companies so you won't find anyyhing on Google other than media estimates/guesses.

Another booming day for whitehaven up another 2.3%

Are you a glass half empty type of guy?

Yeah. Nah.

Its all good man.

Frailty

First Grade
No not every club, the Sharks will be recieving revenue no other club will have. Therefore my point was that IMO the Knights wouldnt be in a better position than the Sharks.

Correct me if im wrong but before Tinkler, the knights were in trouble werent they?

Revenue like every other club! DEEEERRRR

Seriously Ausguy, don't bother with ECT. He is a massive douche.

Slackboy72

Coach
Newcastle have been a financial and administrative basket case for decades, they really seem to be unable to manage a club without constant handouts and then doing deals with rogues.

It should not be up to the rest of the footabll clubs to bail them out again.

If Newcastle cannot survive without another handout then move the franchise to the Central Coast and give Perth and another Qld team a go, maybe they can do a better job of running a football than the Knights.

It is time the ARLC got professional and ruthless with clubs that mismanage themselves and make no attempt to fix the culture of incompotence!
You wouldn't have Geoffery Edelsten's number handy would you?

Before the NSWRL bailed the Sharks out for the hundredth time they were in trouble too weren't they. Then again before they took Murdoch's cash. Then again virtually every year since. There's no guarantee of anything.

But at the end of the day the Knights will still have a better ground, more fans, more members, bigger crowds, more juniors, they'll bring more to the sport of rugby league and more to their local community. So you can have your poker machine money and flog off your carpark to retailers but it doesn't mean the Sharks will be better off. It will just mean that for the first time in their history they will have money in the bank that wasn't scabbed off the likes of the NSWRL. And they won't have to spend it on a trophy cabinet or silver polish either.

The knights had another offer on the table when tinkler took over. It was a members trust model backed by local multi millionaire Andrew Poole who has his fingers in a lot of pies, he owns a large accounting firm and sits on the board of a lot of large companies.. Although not as rich as tinkler, the model would still have us as one of the richer clubs in the nrl. This offer will hopefully be back on the table when tinkler goes.

Last edited:

Ausguy

Coach
Before the NSWRL bailed the Sharks out for the hundredth time they were in trouble too weren't they. Then again before they took Murdoch's cash. Then again virtually every year since. There's no guarantee of anything.

But at the end of the day the Knights will still have a better ground, more fans, more members, bigger crowds, more juniors, they'll bring more to the sport of rugby league and more to their local community. So you can have your poker machine money and flog off your carpark to retailers but it doesn't mean the Sharks will be better off. It will just mean that for the first time in their history they will have money in the bank that wasn't scabbed off the likes of the NSWRL. And they won't have to spend it on a trophy cabinet or silver polish either.

Well there it is... he finally cracked.

I thought for a while you were actually going to have a good debate on the subject but no, you went for the cheap shot.

PS you forgot the Millions from the apartments but thats ok, you have lots of juniors.

Latest posts