What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathon Hinton

tupac

Juniors
i noticed he is playing fullback know over young i thought young was going to be the next big things as far as full back whats doing

RABK

Referee
I will be the one to say it. Can you please use some punctuation in your posts? It's nothing personal, just makes your posts alot more friendlier to read. ;-)

As for the question, this is when Roopy is good.

roopy

Referee
Young had a very bad year last year. Just before the end of the season he was diagnosed with apendicitis and an internal infection that came close to killing him - and he had major surgery to fix the problem. He may have had the infection all season, which would account for his poor form (even though he did make firstgrade during the season).
I think he is really starting to get back to form though. I was impressed with his defence in the game on the weekend. I will certainly be keeping an eye on him on Sunday to see if he improves even further.
Having said that, Hinton scored a heap of tries last season in Flegg, and he may be a bigger talent than Young anyway.

antonius

Coach
Hinton had a blinder in Premier league yesterday. He is a real talent. Put on a great flick pass after a break to send someone over, scored one himself, was solid in defence, and ran the ball back like a true fullback.

Matt23

Staff member
Hinton should be picked, but we all know who the fullback will be next week :roll:

Matt23

Staff member
I think JM, knows thats, but yeah Michael Young plays centre these days anyways.

roopy

Referee
Talking of Young - he had the best game I've seen from him for at least a year yesterday. He actually made heaps of solo tackles and one was a real bellringer - and he went for several good runs as well.

antonius

Coach
Young looks to have bulked up a bit as well. As for putting Hinton into first grade, I don't think it will happen, I doubt Hages will want to blood another young un, I would say almost certainly that Hughes will get the fullback spot. I would also prefer Salkeld back there, even though he did knock that ball on yesterday, apart from that and the dropped pass in yesterdays game he has been almost faultless in his couple of games, and he played fullback well last year in Premier League. Seage is due back in Premier League this week also.

Johns Magic

Referee
Matt23 said:
I think JM, knows thats, but yeah Michael Young plays centre these days anyways.

Yeah, I was just saying that I would have Hughes behind those three.
They may even consider putting Gidley at fullback again.

Latest posts