What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Natural men scolded into timidity

joshreading

Staff member
I throughly agree with the article, her son playing Union has nothing to do with it. She is defending Rugby League as well. To ignore or ignorantly ridicule the fact that she is an intelligent professional woman who is standing against the excessive extremes that have been pushed by certain feminist circles is pathetic. Such agendas exist (and are not hidden) and there is a very PC cultural push towards such perspectives.

BTW - the people who think that News is behind everything need to get a life. You get the impression some people think that Rupert is sitting in his office plotting the downfall of Rugby League. It would hardly come on his radar at any time. They make money out of it and want it to continue making money for them.

dannyboy

Juniors
...my children will be happy understanding league is the greatest game and dragons are the best team, because I will brainwash them to believe this.

Such confidence in the sport and team that you feel you will have to brainwash them into believing.

We can only hope that they inherit your partner's IQ and develop a sense of choice....god help the world if you and Kiki mate though.

Joker's Wild

Coach
You would put your own petty football code rivalries over your child's happiness? Please don't have kids.

Or at the very least, an incredibly bad mother. For anyone to put their own prejudices against other codes over the wants of their own children is incredibly selfish. What sort of decent, loving parent would put their own happiness over that of their own child if they wanted to play another footy code? I could understand if you deemed another sport dangerous like motorcross or something but another code? :?

I'm going through the exact thing right now with my son who wants to play soccer, a sport it's fair to say i'm not a big fan of. He'll be starting next season and while i don't like the game i'll be there on the sidelines cheering him on. I don't class that as a good parent, it's just what parents do and they have a good time seeing their kids happy.

Maybe you should hold off on having kids until you're old enough and mature enough to grasp the concept that when you do have them, they are (or should be) the centre of your universe and not yourself. Some people never work that out but then again those people just shouldn't have kids in the first place.

Makes you sound like trash is what it does.

EDIT: Or perhaps you are seeking attention from all the "League only" males in the forum.

:lol: @ all the parent police. Go back to the hippy commune people

Thomas

First Grade
My son is 18 months old and when he is a bit older I'm going to try something a little wacky. Perhaps a little weird...

He can choose to play whatever sport he wants to.

Simple.

I went through a heap of heartache as a little kid because I wanted to play footy but my Mum forced me to play soccer. Said other sports were dangerous. It took a good couple of years of breaking her down before I was allowed to play the sport I wanted.

If my boy wants to play aussie rules or soccer or RL or RU...or korfball I will be proud and support him. At least he'd be outside in the sunshine.

There are far greater things to worry about that stupid merkining sporting rivalries...

God-King Dean

Immortal
You twinkies.

Kiki is being more than fair. If one of my bastards changed the channel to Rugby & didn't vomit blood I'd knee the little merkin in the head & murder his family.

Big Time

Juniors
Fair enough your kids understanding that league is the greatest game but the Dragons the best team? That's friggin child abuse! But like i said going to watch my kids play a sport i don't like doesn't make me a good parent it's just what parents do and millions of them at that, to me it's just normal.

I'm the first to admit i have my share of shortcomings as a parent and i'm not just "slipping that in" I know i have. But deliberately not going to see my kid playing a sport just because i don't like it isn't one of them. We're all different and if you don't agree with that and wouldn't do it then that's your prerogative. I just find it selfish that's all.

just taking the p*ss hey.

I gave my kids the option.

Either play Rugby League or report to the nearest orphanage.

As for watching at home, they had the choice, either watch the Rugby League or if they wanted to watch AFL or Union, they could have a bus ticket to f**king Melbourne.

Big Time

Juniors
Such confidence in the sport and team that you feel you will have to brainwash them into believing.

We can only hope that they inherit your partner's IQ and develop a sense of choice....god help the world if you and Kiki mate though.

Kiki and me might get it on. Little tribe of Dragons fans. Whats wrong with that.

Yes I will brainwash them, better to be safe then sorry I say.

Thank your for your insightful comments anyway. They are much appreciated. Stupid people with low IQ's like myself need all the help we can get. Peace out.

Big Time

Juniors
My son is 18 months old and when he is a bit older I'm going to try something a little wacky. Perhaps a little weird...

He can choose to play whatever sport he wants to.

Simple.

I went through a heap of heartache as a little kid because I wanted to play footy but my Mum forced me to play soccer. Said other sports were dangerous. It took a good couple of years of breaking her down before I was allowed to play the sport I wanted.

If my boy wants to play aussie rules or soccer or RL or RU...or korfball I will be proud and support him. At least he'd be outside in the sunshine.

There are far greater things to worry about that stupid merkining sporting rivalries...

blasphemer. stone him i say. greater things then sport. where do you hear this type of crap.

dannyboy

Juniors
I gave my kids the option.

Either play Rugby League or report to the nearest orphanage.

As for watching at home, they had the choice, either watch the Rugby League or if they wanted to watch AFL or Union, they could have a bus ticket to f**king Melbourne.

Aaack....the disease is spreading. Watch out Mexico

Brainwash the kids?

That's known as "The AFL method".

Ignore Thomas, he'd rather drink a litre of butt sweat from the sweetheart he met at a Lions game than let his kids play AFL. He's just trying to look cool cos he thinks there might be a girl or two who goes for that sort of schmaltz here, and he could get his end away.

You won't get your end away in this forum Thomas, most of the girls here would prefer to gargle sand and broken glass than go out with a *cough cough* Union fan...

Big Time

Juniors
Article has good points. Still doesn't overcome the fact that league players are generally dumb as mud.

Right you are my friend. Us Leagueys could never come up with smart statements like that. Anyway how do you measure the amount of dumbness in mud. Please explain. Is this something you smart Mexicans have worked out and are not sharing. You are so smart down thatta way.