What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA Playoffs 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Celtics take down Miami 97-81. Big game from KG, 28 points, 18 rebounds.

Grizzlies also beat the Thunder in OT 101-93. Lead the series 2-1.
Wonder if KG can put up another performance like that with only 48 hours of rest? He certainly schooled RuPaul yesterday though.

Can't believe Troy Murphy isn't getting more burn in this series though, particularly when Joel Anthony checks in. Can't imagine he would do any worse a job of boxing Anthony out then Big Baby, plus he might actually knock a shot or two down.

I've seen Shaq run like he was made of concrete before but yesterday was something else. Hope he's better for it though.

Nth-Qld-Raider

Juniors
What Lakers players wont be on the block - Kobe thats about it.

Fisher and Artest need to go, Pau Gasol needs a fresh start somewhere else, he's been ordinary the second half of the year.

andrew057

First Grade
Disgusting foul from Bynum the thug. Couldnt be happier to see the Lakers gone. Hopefully the whole team starts to collapse with Phil going.

aqua_duck

Coach
I use to feel sorry for Bynum because he was so injury prone but after seeing that I hope the dirty thug keeps getting injured year after year after year and has a mediocre career

Ridders

Coach
Disappointing end to Phil's career.

Who woulda seen a sweep coming? All credit to the Mavs. Will be interesting to see how far they can go.

In all honesty I hope they don't break up this team. Pau had a piss poor playoffs (and disappointing second half of the regular season) but he's done so much for the team over the last 3 and a half seasons that it would be unfair to have him on the trading block.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Who would've thought at the start of the year (or even playoffs) that the Hawks & Grizz would both last longer than the Lakers?

Hawks got Horford's best game of the series in game four, tying the series 2-2. J-Smoove was huge and Johnson's shot was falling. Teague has shown so far this series that he should've been playing more than the 13 minutes per game that he did this year. But man we need a real leader, just no consistency in our play. Horford is trying to do that but could really use a heady veteran.

D-Rose took a Kobe-esque 32 shots for 34 points. Handed out 10 assists but still, when your PG takes 32 shots, not sure how you're going to win against either Boston or Miami.

re: Lakers chopping block, I'd put Kobe on there aswell. Lakers should have gone all out for Melo and then D12.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=6509705

I'd say it's about this time that Wade & James look at eachother with the same "wish we'd spoken to Amare first" look.

lol Lebron, Wade and Amare, how many games do you think they would win in the regular season, minimum of 70? That would just be unfair but having a bum like Bosh levels out the playing field for the rest.

edabomb

First Grade
That's about the worst flagrant foul I can remember seeing in recent times. What a chump.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Kobe has a no trade clause, and he won't leave the Lakers unless it's to a contender. And with his huge salary, and with the cap about to come down, anyone who trades for him wouldn't have the supporting cast to stay a contender.

They need to trade Pau for CP3, Bynum for Dwight. And get a decent bench.

Heat - Mavericks finals. Heat in 7. Lebron Finals MVP. You heard it here first.

Ridders

Coach
Can't argue with the Bynum hate. Love the guy, but it was shocking. Should get a significant suspension. Around 10 games would be fair imo.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Kobe has a no trade clause, and he won't leave the Lakers unless it's to a contender. And with his huge salary, and with the cap about to come down, anyone who trades for him wouldn't have the supporting cast to stay a contender.

They need to trade Pau for CP3, Bynum for Dwight. And get a decent bench.

Heat - Mavericks finals. Heat in 7. Lebron Finals MVP. You heard it here first.
Problem with trying to trade Pau is he's on the hook for $19m per year for 3 more years. No way is anybody taking that salary back when it isn't a franchise player.

andrew057

First Grade
Can't argue with the Bynum hate. Love the guy, but it was shocking. Should get a significant suspension. Around 10 games would be fair imo.

Its not like it was a one of incident either, Bynum has a history of being a dirty player. I hope he goes down injured again next season.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Didn't see 15 fouls against the Heat being called in the first half coming after all the fuss around Wade's "hard" fouls.......

Tiger Hawk

Bench
KG and Ray shooting a combined 5 of 19 and yet Celtics just tied the game on a Delonte 3 pointer.

Heat have also only missed 1 free throw with LeBron hitting all 9 (depite being at 75% for his career) and Wade with the lone miss on 10 attempts (depite being at 77% for his career). Free throw attempts also evened up quickly in this quarter with the Heat getting in the bonus early.

Ridders

Coach
Beautiful stuff from Lebron. He's dominating down the stretch.

Heat up 86-84 with a minute to go.

Had to lol at Wade's last two possessions. Dribble around for 20 secs then dump it to Lebron to take a bad shot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts