What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA Playoffs 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Anyone else pumped for a Grizzlies vs Hawks NBA Finals?
You betcha!

Two storied franchises, with a massive 1 title between them. Cinderella stories from their respective Conferences.

As much as I'd love to see it, unless that ankle injury was serious for D-Rose, now that he's been named MVP I don't see him going another game without attempting a free throw. I also don't expect the Hawks mid-long range shooting to remain so hot. But I'll take what I can get!

Mr Saab

Referee
David Stern would have a triple by pass if those 2 teams made the finals. Stern will make sure it is Heat vs Lakers

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Particularly after zero free throw attempts in game 1 for the new chosen one. I'm predicting at least 22 in game 2 in Chicago.

Particularly after zero free throw attempts in game 1 for the new chosen one. I'm predicting at least 22 in game 2 in Chicago.

:lol:

You know it.

It saddens me because I was riding the Bulls prior to the B.S that was the Indy series :x

Hopefully he goes to the line 55 times, 3 Hawks get ejected and the Hawks still win.

Ridders

Coach
Mavs take Game 1 against the Lakers.

Alot's going to be said about Pau's two bone-headed decisions in the final minute of the game, or Kobe's missed 3 at the end, but really, losing that 16 point lead in the 3rd was unforgivable.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Was a fantastic moving pick by Bynum to get Kobe open for that final shot, but they were never going to call it.

Loved Kobe's comments after the game:
It had nothing to do with me, it had nothing to do with me. I've had games where I've shot the ball 30 times and Pau has had big offensive games in those games. I'm going to do what I do. I think the second unit and that crew, we've got to make a conscious effort to get the ball into Pau and get the ball in to Andrew. But it had nothing to do with me. I've had games where I shot the ball 10 times and Pau and Andrew didn't contribute that much. I've had games where I've shot the ball 30 times and they've had big games. So it had nothing to do with my shots.
Agree that the second unit didn't get Bynum involved, but anytime Kobe takes 29 shots and Gasol, Bynum & Odom combine for 28 I think it does have something to do with Kobe.

Ridders

Coach
Heat up 47-42 at HT. Jeff Green having a good game so far for the Celts, keeping them in it.

Ridders

Coach
Just as I was about to say that Lebron's been too passive this quarter, he he hits back to back 3s and then a nice dunk. Garnett also got going for the Celtics this quarter.

Bibby's playing the passing lanes well, has deflected a couple of passes which has led to transitition opportunities for the Heat.

Heat up 66-62 with 3 to go in the 3rd.

Ridders

Coach
Heat up 76-67 at the end of the 3rd.

Lebron came up big that quarter, as did Garnett for the Celtics.

Should be in for a good finish.

The Dodger

First Grade
good win by the heat yesterday.

I was hoping the C's would steal a game in Miami but wasn't meant to be.

Did anyone else notice Rondo showing some atitude towards the coach in game 2?

It looked like Paul Pierce was tryinig to keep him in the huddle but he kept walking off.

If there are issues there, we are gone.

I wouldn't be surprised if the heat sweep us.

We will see how they play in Boston.

Mr Saab

Referee
Lakers fans are too used to winning and NOT losing back to back home games.
In one way i want Phil to get a 4th threepeat....but i dont want Kobe to get 2 three peats.
Go Mavs

Ridders

Coach
Wow didn't see that coming. Can't see the Lakers coming back going 0-2 at home. I remember before the season started that I was really excited about the Lakers bench and figured it was an improvement over what we'd had before. Yet you could say that the bench has failed LA in these two losses.

f**king Steve Blake. Sure could use some Jordan Farmar now :(. I even miss Sasha......ok maybe not but still.

Next few games are going to be interesting. I could see Kobe going into me-mode.

ByRd

First Grade
Wow didn't see that coming. Can't see the Lakers coming back going 0-2 at home. I remember before the season started that I was really excited about the Lakers bench and figured it was an improvement over what we'd had before. Yet you could say that the bench has failed LA in these two losses.

f**king Steve Blake. Sure could use some Jordan Farmar now :(. I even miss Sasha......ok maybe not but still.

Next few games are going to be interesting. I could see Kobe going into me-mode.

I cant believe how poor we have played, I still believe in this team but man it's going to be tough now, I can see us winning the 2 road games but also coming out like we have and losing, the bench needs to pick it up like you said and Gasol has to play harder, game 3 is a MUST win

Ridders

Coach
I'm enjoying this trend of the Bulls winning despite Rose shooting horribly. Bulls beat the Hawks 86-73 while Rose went 10-27 from the field. That's some defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.