What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA Playoffs 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Tom Thibodeau said:
I thought he had pretty good penetration and he missed some layups that he normally makes. He's attacking, he's getting into the restricted area and there's contact. Unfortunately, he didn't get the calls [Sunday].
Derrick Rose said:
I think I was taking the ball extremely hard. I guess they [weren't] fouling me. That's all I could do is try to go in there and try to get fouled. Now, I just got to focus on really making a layup.
Here comes 20+ free throw attempts tomorrow when the series head back to Chicago.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Welcome back from the dead, Luol Deng. 15 points in the first quarter. But besides him and Rose, Bulls have been terrible. Atlanta has done well to close an 11 point first quarter deficit to 6 points.

Bynum suspended for only 5 games, bit weak IMO. Didn't show any remorse for 2 days.

Damn, looks like the Bulls are gonna close it out. How's the Rose free throw situation I can't find the box score on the mobile and it loads slow

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Took 13.

Hawks were right there but let it slip by taking too many long jumpers and missing the close ones in the fourth.

Should take some encouragement out of that game and hopefully extend it to a 7th game with a win in the ATL on Friday.

HowHigh

Coach
Well the Celtics are gone now too. Terrible last 2 minutes by them.. turnovers, offensive foul, basically gave the game to the Heat. After James hit the 3 the Cs body language looked as if they had given up.

Ridders

Coach
Great performances from both Lebron and Wade. So both of last years finalists have now been eliminated.

Big Mick

Referee
The whole Big 3 has at least made the season interesting.

I've taken a bigger interest this year than any time before. Just want to see how it will play out.

I'll never support it...because I don't like what they did...but you have to respect them.

As for Celtics...they are in big trouble. They need to think of the future now. Jeff Green definitely isn't the answer at SF for them.

They have Rondo...and Pierce for another 3-4 years...and that's it.

I wouldn't count them out making a play for Howard after next season if he doesn't get traded first. Allen, Garnett, O'Neill's etc contracts run out then...they could put a package together for Dwight.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
I think it's safe to say that there isn't a team remaining in the playoffs that would scare the Heat. Boston was their biggest threat in the East and LA & Spurs would have concerned them in the West. Thunder would be a terrific match-up for them, Grizz might worry them slightly but not overly and the Mavs are a jump shooting team whos shot has been falling - which probably won't last. They'll be too much for the Bulls or Hawks as well.
As for Celtics...they are in big trouble. They need to think of the future now. Jeff Green definitely isn't the answer at SF for them.

They have Rondo...and Pierce for another 3-4 years...and that's it.

I wouldn't count them out making a play for Howard after next season if he doesn't get traded first. Allen, Garnett, O'Neill's etc contracts run out then...they could put a package together for Dwight.
Agreed. Their window has pretty much closed. I'm sure that they'd be disappointed that they couldn't manage another title or too but I suppose injuries to KG two years ago, Perk last year and Rondo this year took their toll.

Problem with trying to get Dwight is the Magic would expect more than a slew of expiring contracts to trade him. There would have to be at least one young blue chipper to throw in, and the only one that fits that bill is Rondo.

Boston have nothing that Orlando would want for a trade besides Rondo and the Celtics wouldn't give him up and I can't see Orlando letting D12 go for nothing the common theme since Lebron's decision is to trade and get atleast something.

The Heat still need Wade and Lebron to fire to win though, I didn't watch today but games 3 and 4 Bosh was rubbish.

Ridders

Coach
I have no rooting interest in the Heat, but I'd get a kick out of seeing them win the title after all the crap that Lebron copped post-Decision.

Ridders

Coach
I think it's safe to say that there isn't a team remaining in the playoffs that would scare the Heat. Boston was their biggest threat in the East and LA & Spurs would have concerned them in the West. Thunder would be a terrific match-up for them, Grizz might worry them slightly but not overly and the Mavs are a jump shooting team whos shot has been falling - which probably won't last. They'll be too much for the Bulls or Hawks as well.

Agreed. Their window has pretty much closed. I'm sure that they'd be disappointed that they couldn't manage another title or too but I suppose injuries to KG two years ago, Perk last year and Rondo this year took their toll.

Problem with trying to get Dwight is the Magic would expect more than a slew of expiring contracts to trade him. There would have to be at least one young blue chipper to throw in, and the only one that fits that bill is Rondo.

Dunno how much the Lakers would have scared them. Heat swept them during the season and I just had the feeling that Miami had LA's number this year.

Agree with what's been said, looks like the end of the line for these Celtics.

Alot of talk about something like Bynum and Pau for Howard and one of their bad contacts (i.e. Arenas or Hedo), but tbh I don't see how that makes the Lakers better.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Dunno how much the Lakers would have scared them. Heat swept them during the season and I just had the feeling that Miami had LA's number this year.
But as the series against the Celtics proved, regular season record doesn't seem to count for much in the playoffs. Not saying the Heat wouldn't have been confident - I think they'd be confident against every team - but the Lakers would have been one of the teams they'd look at and think they match-up well and it will come down to which star player(s) perform best.

Special K

Coach
Carlos Boozer sized up the Miami Heat after the Bulls eliminated the Hawks on Thursday.

“All of us have to do our jobs,’’ Boozer said. “We’ve been a team all year long. It’s not a one-man show, but our one man [Rose] is pretty good. We rely on everybody. They have two great players in D. Wade and LeBron. We look forward to the challenge.’’

OoooOooooOOOOoooo

Glove slap to Bosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts