What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA Playoffs 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Mick

Referee
Why is Westbrook still out there?

Misses yet another shot.

And then rebounds and steps out of bounds.

Deadset...when will he realise he isn't Derrick Rose.

Do your job...assist...pass.

Ridders

Coach
Man what a comeback by Dallas. OKC really seemed to struggle once Harden fouled out in the 4th.

Westbrook had some poor plays down the stretch, but I'm not going to blame him for the loss since it's not like Durant had it going down the stretch either. KD started the game on fire but petered out as the game went along. At times, late in the 4th, they looked clueless as to what to do on offense, and imo that's on the coach. They didn't seem to know how to adjust after Harden fouled out and Dallas just started doubling Durant.

And how bad was their play when they had the chance to win it at the end of regulation? They had a full timeout to draw up a play, with 6 seconds on the clock, and the best they can come up with is a 40-foot heave from Durant? (great defense by Marion on that play).

But all the aside, it doesn't give credit to what Dirk did in the last 5 mins in the 4th, when Dallas look buried. As TT said, he went into Beast Mode.

Tbh I can't believe what this Mavs team is doing. When Butler went down for the season, I figured that their chances for the title were blown. And now they're a win away from the Finals.

Last edited:

ByRd

First Grade
Man what a comeback by Dallas. OKC really seemed to struggle once Harden fouled out in the 4th.

Westbrook had some poor plays down the stretch, but I'm not going to blame him for the loss since it's not like Durant had it going down the stretch either. KD started the game on fire but petered out as the game went along. At times, late in the 4th, they looked clueless as to what to do on offense, and imo that's on the coach. They didn't seem to know how to adjust after Harden fouled out and Dallas just started doubling Durant.

And how bad was their play when they had the chance to win it at the end of regulation? They had a full timeout to draw up a play, with 6 seconds on the clock, and the best they can come up with is a 40-foot heave from Durant? (great defense by Marion on that play).

But all the aside, it doesn't give credit to what Dirk did in the last 5 mins in the 4th, when Dallas look buried. As TT said, he went into Beast Mode.

Tbh I can't believe what this Mavs team is doing. When Butler went down for the season, I figured that their chances for the title were blown. And now they're a win away from the Finals.
Agree with everything you said, the Thunder just looked so lost in the final 5 mins then in OT. People can blame Westbrook (and he is at fault too) but i look at Durant and i dont see him demanding the ball or taking over and being "the man". He needs to get that angry side to him and do what Dirk did to the Thunder. Durant spends too much time hanging around the 3pt line instead of fighting to get into better position where he can benefit his team.

Dallas is just a team possessed right now and with Dirk playing how he is they are going to be very hard to stop.

Ps. The Bulls will win game 4 lol

Ridders

Coach
Agree with everything you said, the Thunder just looked so lost in the final 5 mins then in OT. People can blame Westbrook (and he is at fault too) but i look at Durant and i dont see him demanding the ball or taking over and being "the man". He needs to get that angry side to him and do what Dirk did to the Thunder. Durant spends too much time hanging around the 3pt line instead of fighting to get into better position where he can benefit his team.

Dallas is just a team possessed right now and with Dirk playing how he is they are going to be very hard to stop.

Ps. The Bulls will win game 4 lol

Good point.

At the very start of the game, he was doing exactly that (fighting to establish good post position), and was looking unguardable. But then for some reason, as the game went along, he started catching the ball further and further away from the basket.

Not sure how much of it had to do with the pressure that Marion and Kidd were putting on him and how much of it was just him wanting to take it from there.

Gotta also give the Mavs credit for not rolling over despite getting blitzed by the Thunder in the first quarter. Iirc the Thunder made their first 9 shots in a row and were just killing it offensively, but despite that, the Mavs never let the lead get beyond reach.

Ridders

Coach
Heat a game way from the Finals. Tbh I think they'll beat whoever comes out of the West.

Rose's shooting has been woeful throughout the playoffs.

Big Mick

Referee
I think that Ankle is worse than they are making it out to be.

Me thinks that "off-season attention" will be required to fix that for next season.

The 18th Man

Juniors
One more win and we end this BS love affair with the alleged "MVP" D-Rose.

Haters gonna hate. We're going back to the NBA Finals.

"MVP! MVP! MVP!"

:D

Ridders

Coach
We will be back bigger and better next year. Cant wait untill October

If there is a next year..

Agree on the Thunder though. The jump they made this season is quite impressive. If they keep the core together, they'll be a force for years to come.

Nice to see the Mavs back in the Finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.