What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA Playoffs 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridders

Coach
Gotta give credit to Brooks. Ballsy move to keep the reserves out there (with Durant) for the entire 4th quarter. Westbrook sat for the entire 4th. I wonder how much of that also had to do with what appeared to be him bitching about Brooks after he took him off at the end of the 3rd?

Really impressed with James Harden as a ball-handler.

Last edited:

Ridders

Coach
What made that dunk even better was that it was something of a turning point in the game. Up until then, the Mavs had been been rolling and the Thunder's intensity had been poor. Thunder seemed to switch on after that.

Paullyboy

Coach
I didn't catch the game today, but can't believe the Mavs lost. They are my pick to win the whole thing and I though they'd sweep the Thunder to be honest.

Westbrook had an epic sulk at the end of the 3rd, how much of Maynor playing out the 4th was performance or discipline? Maynor didn't turn the ball over at all and he played out the entire 4th, Westbrook gave it up 4 times. The Mavs are doing a number on Westbrook but the likes of Harden and Maynor really stepped it up today. Battle of the benches.

Ridders

Coach
Westbrook had an epic sulk at the end of the 3rd, how much of Maynor playing out the 4th was performance or discipline? Maynor didn't turn the ball over at all and he played out the entire 4th, Westbrook gave it up 4 times. The Mavs are doing a number on Westbrook but the likes of Harden and Maynor really stepped it up today. Battle of the benches.

I agree that that incident may have had a part in it.

Westbrook wasn't particularly bad, just had a couple of poor possessions.

The bench did well all game. Iirc it was when they were on the floor that the Thunder cut down the early Mavs lead and put them ahead. I can see why Brooks stuck with them, although man was it a ballsy move. He'd have gotten killed if the Thunder had lost.

Same story in the first game though, KD and Dirk were having a (free throw) shoot out but the Mavs took it away with Barea and Terry off the bench and today it was reversed. Man, Harden was in Randolph-mode especially that jump shoot with the shot clock winding down where the Thunder were going nowhere, I think that made it an 8 or 10 point game with about 2 minutes remaining, that sealed the deal.

HowHigh

Coach
Very nice effort to come away with the road win today. If OKC went down 2-0 I couldn't have seen them winning this series.
I f**king hate Dallas so I'm backing OKC in this series..would be nice to see the underdog do it too.

Ridders

Coach
Was playing association mode in NBA 2k11 for the 2010-2011 season. Didn't make the playoffs, so I simmed them. The Conference Finals matchups were....OKC vs Dallas and Miami vs Bulls :lol:

Dallas beat OKC in 7 games while the Heat beat the Bulls in 6. And then in the Finals the Heat beat the Mavs in 6.

Dunno why I posted it, just made me lol.

BM1979

Juniors
Im a Wizards fan (Dont Flame me) but im rooting for anybody but the heat , would prob prefer tha Mavs cause Dirk deserves a Championship

BunniesMan

Immortal
Both teams superstars stinking it up. One team is ahead by heaps. Tells you all you need.

Mavs in 5 or 6. Heat-Mavs finals.

Ridders

Coach
Heat take Game 3 and hence take a 2-1 lead in the series.

Big game from Bosh who had 34 points on 13-18 FG.

Big Mick

Referee
Westbrook since 4:20 to go in the game:

1 shot made
4 missed shots
2 missed Free Throws
2 fouls
1 lost ball

All in 4 minutes.

Has killed his team this series...bench him...going like a busted ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.