What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA Playoffs 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridders

Coach
5 point swing there. George Hill airball turns into a transition layup for Z-Bo. Grizzlies up 79-74.

Tony Allen is playing some inspired ball.

Ridders

Coach
And just like that, the Spurs take the lead 80-79 with 4 to go in the 4th. Couple of poor possession on offense from Tony Allen not helping.

Ridders

Coach
Lol and just like that, Grizzlies up 89-82 with 2 mins to go.

Z-Bo's been great down the stretch. Unstoppable 1 on 1. Has the Grizzlies last 8 points.

Spurs on their last legs.

Last edited:
Zach Randolph, wow. Just wow. That dude was hitting everything, incredible 4th quarter especially the clutch shots when the Spurs took a 1 point lead.

Ridders

Coach
Grizzlies make it to the 2nd round for the first time in their franchise history. 2nd time since the advent of 7 game series that a No.1 seed has lost to a No.8.

Really was the Z-Bo show in the 4th. Unstoppable. 17 points in the quarter, 31 in the game.

It's wierd to see Tim Duncan being such a non-factor in such a big game. I was kinda hoping that Pop was saving him during the regular season for the playoffs, but he is what he is atm I guess. Wonder where the Spurs go now from here?

Grizzlies now face the Thunder in the 2nd round. That's going to be some series.

Ridders

Coach
Zach Randolph, wow. Just wow. That dude was hitting everything, incredible 4th quarter especially the clutch shots when the Spurs took a 1 point lead.

He was amazing. That point you mentioned was big. I actually was thinking that the Spurs might run away with it at that stage, but then Z-Bo just went into beast mode.

It's nice to see Z-Bo being part of a winning situation for once. It's strange. He's always been an offensive beast, but for whatever reason, has always been seen as something of a cancer. Team's just didn't want anything to do with him. Better late than never I guess.

Last edited:
Grizzlies make it to the 2nd round for the first time in their franchise history. 2nd time since the advent of 7 game series that a No.1 seed has lost to a No.8.

Really was the Z-Bo show in the 4th. Unstoppable. 17 points in the quarter, 31 in the game.

It's wierd to see Tim Duncan being such a non-factor in such a big game. I was kinda hoping that Pop was saving him during the regular season for the playoffs, but he is what he is atm I guess. Wonder where the Spurs go now from here?

Grizzlies now face the Thunder in the 2nd round. That's going to be some series.

Unless they trade then not very far.

Duncan is signed for 2011/12
Ginobili is signed for 2012/13
Richardson is signed for 2012/13 with an option
Parker is signed for 2013/14

ByRd

First Grade
Just wow at the Spurs but the 2nd round match up between OKC & Memphis is going to be a good series.

Ridders

Coach
Amazing to think that the Grizzlies are doing this without Rudy Gay.

Unless they trade then not very far.

Duncan is signed for 2011/12
Ginobili is signed for 2012/13
Richardson is signed for 2012/13 with an option
Parker is signed for 2013/14

If this is the best that Duncan has to offer, I hope he retires soon. God I hope he doesn't follow the Shaq path.

Although in saying that, it'll be a sad day for the NBA when he does go. I don't know what I want!

Last edited:

Tiger Hawk

Bench
That's a bad matchup for the Thunder. No real low post weapon to exploit the Thunder's defensive short-comings up front. Griz have two wing stoppers to throw at Durant (Allen & Battier). This might have to be Westbrook's series if the Thunder want to progress.

Feel a bit for the Spurs, the worst team they could have faced. Z-Bo was awesome in that fourth quarter - who doesn't want to root for the guy that has turned his career around - but to see Marc Gasol beasting Duncan that entire series was not pretty. Time for one of my all-time favs to hang it up I think. How bad is R-Jeff. After his start to the year, I thought he would be huge for the Spurs but was absolutely useless in that series.

Both my Finals picks are out after the first round! I can pick em.

ceagle

Bench
That's a bad matchup for the Thunder. No real low post weapon to exploit the Thunder's defensive short-comings up front. Griz have two wing stoppers to throw at Durant (Allen & Battier). This might have to be Westbrook's series if the Thunder want to progress.

Feel a bit for the Spurs, the worst team they could have faced. Z-Bo was awesome in that fourth quarter - who doesn't want to root for the guy that has turned his career around - but to see Marc Gasol beasting Duncan that entire series was not pretty. Time for one of my all-time favs to hang it up I think. How bad is R-Jeff. After his start to the year, I thought he would be huge for the Spurs but was absolutely useless in that series.

Both my Finals picks are out after the first round! I can pick em.
Did you word this wrong?

Anyways the Thunder have a good deep defensive frontcourt, (Ibaka, Perkins, Collison and Mohammed) which is alot better then the Spurs. The Grizzlies only have one true offensive threat in Randolph, the rest are fairly average.

The Griz don't have a deep frontcourt, if Randolph or Gasol get into foul trouble they are screwed. Thunders bench is alot better then the Grizzlies.

People keep saying that Allen and Battier are going to neutralise Durant, Durant has 6 inches over Allen who is only 6'4. In the past Durant has averaged 29.5 points on 49% shooting with Allen guarding him. Battier has had a bit more success guarding Durant, though the past two times these guys matched up Durant scored 30 and 32 points, making me believe Durant has figured him out.

All in all I still think it is going to be a close series, disappointing that Gay is injured, it would of been even more interesting to watch.

andrew057

First Grade
I dont think its a bad match up for the Thunder at all. Ibaka and Perkins match up very well with Z-Bo and Gasol. If they cant neutralise them even partially, Memphis will be in huge trouble, wheres their scoring going to come from? Conley? Mayo? Allen? Dont think they can be relied upon.

Ridders

Coach
Game 1 of Thunder vs Grizzlies underway. Grizzlies going great guns. Up 57-47 at halftime.

Marc Gasol's going to get some serious money this free agency.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
double the reasons for me to support memphis on this series.

1. i practically half live in memphis
2. f**k oklahoma, go sonics

go grizz.

Ridders

Coach
Grizzlies up 84-71 at the end of the 3rd.

Z-Bo going off again. 26 points and 10 rebounds heading into the 4th. Marc Gasol also having a very nice game. Love the versatility he provides.

Ridders

Coach
double the reasons for me to support memphis on this series.

1. i practically half live in memphis
2. f**k oklahoma, go sonics

go grizz.

Am firmly on the Memphis bandwagon. It's fun rooting for Z-Bo and Marc Gasol ;-). Lets go Grizzlies!

Up 91-74 with 10 to go in the 4th.

Last edited:

Ridders

Coach
Westbrook going into Kobe mode. Not such a good idea when Durant is on your team..

Grizzlies up 98-88 with 5 to go.

Ridders

Coach
Z-Bo going into beast-mode again down the stretch. Two straight buckets out of the timeout. Grizzlies 108-95 with 1 min to go.

Gasol's been so good today. Thunder have had no answer for the Grizzlies front court.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts