What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA Playoffs 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridders

Coach
Really impressive road win for the Grizzlies as they take Game 1. Great performance from their front court. Thunder had no answer. Z-Bo finished with 34 points and 10 rebounds while Gasol had 20 points (9-11 FG), 13 rebounds, 4 assists and 3 blocks.

Love the Gasol, Z-Bo high post/low post tandem. And the great thing is that they can both operate out of either position.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Did you word this wrong?

Anyways the Thunder have a good deep defensive frontcourt, (Ibaka, Perkins, Collison and Mohammed) which is alot better then the Spurs. The Grizzlies only have one true offensive threat in Randolph, the rest are fairly average.

The Griz don't have a deep frontcourt, if Randolph or Gasol get into foul trouble they are screwed. Thunders bench is alot better then the Grizzlies.

People keep saying that Allen and Battier are going to neutralise Durant, Durant has 6 inches over Allen who is only 6'4. In the past Durant has averaged 29.5 points on 49% shooting with Allen guarding him. Battier has had a bit more success guarding Durant, though the past two times these guys matched up Durant scored 30 and 32 points, making me believe Durant has figured him out.

All in all I still think it is going to be a close series, disappointing that Gay is injured, it would of been even more interesting to watch.
Yes, meant to read Grizzlies defensive short-comings up front. You mention their lack of depth but that's the problem - nobody on that Thunder frontline is going to put Z-Bo or Gasol in foul trouble. Just how nobody on that Spurs frontline could put them in foul trouble.

Anyways, commanding win from the Griz in game 1.

Ridders

Coach
Minor problem going forward for the Thunder is that Westbrook hasn't been doing a good job of running the team. He's getting his own fine, but he's not really getting anyone else going.

As crazy as it sounds, would the Grizzlies be better or worse if Gay was inserted into this team? Their ball movement is great to watch, not sure how that would be impacted with Gay returning.

It's somewhat sad that in all likelyhood, the Gasol/Randolph front court will probably be broken up after these playoffs. Can't imagine how the Grizzlies could afford him after already comitting big money to Gay, Conley and now Z-Bo. You'd think that Gasol is going to get at least $10 mill per year in free agency.

Last edited:

ceagle

Bench
Minor problem going forward for the Thunder is that Westbrook hasn't been doing a good job of running the team. He's getting his own fine, but he's not really getting anyone else going.

As crazy as it sounds, would the Grizzlies be better or worse if Gay was inserted into this team? Their ball movement is great to watch, not sure how that would be impacted with Gay returning.

It's somewhat sad that in all likelyhood, the Gasol/Randolph front court will probably be broken up after these playoffs. Can't imagine how the Grizzlies could afford him after already comitting big money to Gay, Conley and now Z-Bo. You'd think that Gasol is going to get at least $10 mill per year in free agency.
It isn't making sense with Westbrook, first half the year his passing was good, regularly getting around 9-10 assists, then I think he started to believe his own hype, started trying to take the game over himself, I think that is his problem.

Grizzlies played way too good. I really thought we could of held our selves against Z-bo and Gasol, Perkins was very disappointing.

It is vital we win game 2, they were riding the momentum they had from the Spurs series, and we looked flat.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
I personally don't see Z-Bo remaining so hot from mid and long range. Some of the shots he made in that Spurs series, let alone game 6, were flat out ridiculous. If you get him taking 18 footers I say live with the results. Problem is keeping him so far from the hoop. Ibaka just isn't strong enough.

I said before the series that Westbrook would have to dominate for the Thunder to get through, but he has to find a balance between scoring and passing.

Just on Gasol - if they get past the Thunder, then they have to keep him don't they? Playoff proven starting 5 that has shown it can compete, plus they have Rudy Gay to come back.

Ridders

Coach
I personally don't see Z-Bo remaining so hot from mid and long range. Some of the shots he made in that Spurs series, let alone game 6, were flat out ridiculous. If you get him taking 18 footers I say live with the results. Problem is keeping him so far from the hoop. Ibaka just isn't strong enough.

I said before the series that Westbrook would have to dominate for the Thunder to get through, but he has to find a balance between scoring and passing.

Just on Gasol - if they get past the Thunder, then they have to keep him don't they? Playoff proven starting 5 that has shown it can compete, plus they have Rudy Gay to come back.

I have no doubt that they'd want to.

But with Gay on the books for 5 years/$82 million, Z-Bo for 4 years/$71 million and Conley for 5 years/$40 mill, can they really afford to also offer Gasol an extension which would at the very least have to be at $10 mill per season (will probably be more if his play during the playoffs continues as its been)?

All rough estimates, but just in those 3 players, on average (salaries are staggered) they have about $41 million of their cap.

I do hope they can keep him though. Nice young group they have atm.

Ridders

Coach
Heat also beat the Celtics in Game 1 99-90. Wade top scored with 38 points while James Jones had 25!

The Dodger

First Grade
Heat played well, defended boston pretty good, although there were some shonky calls favouring the heat.

paul pierce's ejection was bullsh1t but doesnt mean they would have won the game if he was there (although they did have momentum when that happened with only 8 points difference down from a 17 point lead).

hopefully that fires him up for game 2.
one win away is all boston needs in these first two games.

Big Mick

Referee
Wow. D-Rose has really struggled in the play-offs so far.

He's shooting % is WAY down.

Atlanta is shooting down the lights out. Joe Johnson 5-5 3's.

Ridders

Coach
Wow. D-Rose has really struggled in the play-offs so far.

He's shooting % is WAY down.

Atlanta is shooting down the lights out. Joe Johnson 5-5 3's.

Ain't that the truth.

As much as I enjoyed making fun of JJ's contract this past off-season, nice to see him bringing it in the playoffs. Jamal Crawford's also been pretty good these playoffs.

Final score Hawks 103 Bulls 95.

Loving these playoffs. We have the Grizzlies causing upsets in the West and now it seems as though the Hawks are doing it in the East.

Haha Pacers must be like WTF!!
That's how I feel!

Game 1 - 19/21 Bulls win by 5
Game 2 - 12/13 Bulls win by 6
Game 3 - 13/15 Bulls win by 4
Game 4 - 2/4 Bulls LOSE by 5

Today he doesn't go to the line at all and they lose by 8.

Rose is getting the D-Wade treatment. It's very frustrating when your team puts in work against the 1 seed and the officials help them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.