What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New cds i have bought recently.

Samwise

Bench
Went a little crazy at JB today and spent a bit over $100 on impulse. Bought;
The Pixies - Surfer Rosa & Come On Pilgrim
The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
Best of Bob Dylan
Best of the Doors
Pearl Jam - Ten
International Noise Conspiracy - Survival Sickness
And you will know us by the trail of dead - source tags & codes

Mad Dogg

Juniors
A few cd's I've bought over the last month or so with a quick review:

Nas - Illmatic (Quite good, haven't listened to it as much as I should have as I'm going through a bit of a 'soft rap' period)

DMX - Grand Champ (as I said, I've been in the mood for softer stuff so haven't played this much. But it'll be good once I get back into the harder style)

Black Eyed Peas - Elephunk (I've lost respect for the BEP's since they went pop, but it doesn't stop me from liking their new songs more than the old stuff. Good listening)

Arrested Development - Classic Masters (Great stuff. It's the reason I haven't listened to DMX much since I bought both cd's last week. Has taken over from LL Cool J as the cd I listen to when I go to bed)

LESStar58

Referee
Godz Illa said:
El Garbo said:
Cat Empire - Cat Empire. Very funky band, very fun.
I've come very close to buying this on several occasions. But I've been burnt by Aussie hip-hop albums in the past, they're usually three good songs and the rest filler. Perhaps this will be different.

The first time I heard that Chariot song I thought Madness had reformed! :lol:

They became a little bit annoying after they went all mainstream...I saw them support Ozomatli at the Corner Hotel in Melbourne on New Years Day this year. One hell of a bill that became a massive jam session...aside from that I didn't really buy into the CE.

LESStar58

Referee
Southernsaint said:
Don't mention Two Up in Wales, it means something else entirely!!

It doesn't matter where you go in the UK...twos up means threesome, menage trois or whatever. Go watch 'Sexy Beast' with Ben Kingsley.

LESStar58

Referee
I am anxiously waiting on the release of the following albums...

Gwen Stefani- solo
The Black Keys- Rubber Factory
Social Distortion- Sex, Love and Rock 'n' roll
Green Day- Ameican Idiot: and of course
The Living End- From Here On In- The Singles
Goldfinger- Disconnection Notice

LESStar58

Referee
yesterday I got '10 am automatic' which is the new black keys single. ohmyf**kinggod it is sensational. I also picked up their 4 track EP 'the moan' last week along with 'chasin' pussy' by the howling moondoggies (excellent ska-punk/rockabilly outfit from Sydney).

I stocked up on CDs when I was in Sydney recently. God bless utopia records, what a store!

Black Flag- Damaged
The Bronx- ST
Sparta- Porcelain
Lars Frederiksen and the Bastards- Viking
Ozomatli- Street signs
The Vandals- Hollywood Potatoe Chip

thats about it from memory.

LESStar58

Referee
Karmichael Hunt said:
Jamie Cullum - Twenty Something

WHY?

that little bitch ruined 'Wind Cries Mary'. He may as well have pissed on Jimi Hendrix's grave!

and I thought Michael Buble was bad!

Kakihara

Juniors
LESStar58 said:
The Bronx- ST

I've had that cd for a while although i havnt listened to all of it.

New albums i got recently are:

Autopilot Off - Make a sound
7 Angels 7 Plagues - Jhazmyne's Lullaby
Alexisonfire - Watch out
Forever Is Forgotten - The Architecture is still burning
Happy Campers - Old School E.P.
The Judas Cradle - Where child actors go to die
Terror - One with the underdogs

Most albums are hardcore records with a couple of punk ones. Terror record f**ken owns.

Godz Illa

Coach
Last week I got

The Bees - Free The Bees
As retro as you can get, but very listenable and very catchy.

Armand Van Helden - New York: A Mix Odyssey
Brilliant compilation of renowned NY club tracks, plus a couple of new ones from Armand. An eclectic bunch of songs by artists ranging from Blondie to Soft Cell to Yes to Ram Jam to Felix Da Houscat, with some obscure gems thrown in. All mixed seamlessly by Van Helden. Just throw it in and press play - party ensues.

Karmichael Hunt

Juniors
LESStar58 said:
Karmichael Hunt said:
Jamie Cullum - Twenty Something

WHY?

that little bitch ruined 'Wind Cries Mary'. He may as well have pissed on Jimi Hendrix's grave!

and I thought Michael Buble was bad!

Bought it for my girlfriend but I still think he's all class. I started to get offended by your comment, but then i looked at the cds you had bought or were waiting for :roll: :roll: :roll:

Like Captain Dread I also just bought the killers - hot fuss

LESStar58

Referee
Why would you get offended? Its not like I'm offended by you rolling your eyes at my taste in music. I wasn't tryin to offend you mate...twas just stating that Cullum is a wick prick ripping off great songs for personal gain and he did ruin a Hendrix classic. Doesn't matter though, he'll be long forgtten by this time next year if not sooner! :p

Karmichael Hunt

Juniors
LESStar58 said:
twas just stating that Cullum is a wick prick ripping off great songs for personal gain

Thats what modern jazz (well, of any popular standing) is all about these days. Sad but true.

Although the best songs on that CD are his own.

ParraMatt

Bench
Well none recently. But shortly I will be buying

The Used
Greenday
Jimmy Eat World
Millencolin
Saves The Day
Good Charlotte (for the sake of it)
Simple Plan (for the sake of it)
Taking Back Sunday

Anonymous

Juniors
Finch don't impress me.

I did, however, splash out $25 on Ozomatli's latest effort... 'Street Signs'. Top work, I love it muchly.

Anonymous

Juniors
Finch are a middle of the road hardcore band that sound like every other middle of the road hardcore/punk outfit on the market... ;-)

Ozomatli, on the other hand, are an eclectic mix of Latin and Arabic grooves, mixed in with some rap and traditional rock textures. A subtle yet beautiful blend, a true piece of art.

fat_mike

Juniors
scored 4 cd's yesterday from utopia records in the city

1000 PRM - rise against, absolutely awesome album. rise againsta re a great band.
ballads of the new revolution - good riddance. awesome album from good riddance. fertile fiels is an awesome way to kick the album off
the empire strikes first - bad religion, good stuff from bad religion. not a classic like against the grain or generator but its still a solid album.

and the final purchase was the brand new rise aginst album, siren song for the counter culture. much like 1000 rpm, great is all i can say. rise against havent changed one bit despite singing to a major label. to shit.

Latest posts