What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New CEO announced tomorrow???

Gronk

Staff member
Osborne would be an ideal selection. His background makes him an ideal candidate.

Still trying to read between the lines?

It says he was approached to apply and by the sounds of things there are others who did the same thing.

It seems the position was not advertised. No reading between the lines here Big C.

The Colonel

Immortal
It seems the position was not advertised. No reading between the lines here Big C.

How much more advertising did it need? It was back page news for weeks that Fitzgerald was getting the sack and the club would be seeking a new CEO.

Gronk

Staff member
How much more advertising did it need? It was back page news for weeks that Fitzgerald was getting the sack and the club would be seeking a new CEO.

OK mate, no need to advertise to get the best possible candidates. The West Tigers must be idiots for going down that path. Why does Corporate Australia even bother with those big ads in the Saturday papers. :sarcasm:

fish eel

Immortal
OK mate, no need to advertise to get the best possible candidates. The West Tigers must be idiots for going down that path. Why does Corporate Australia even bother with those big ads in the Saturday papers. :sarcasm:

A lot of really big positions are never advertised Gronk.

The Colonel

Immortal

Where in that whole article does it discuss that the position was never advertised anyway?

fish eel

Immortal
This isn't a really big position Fish.

Well yes, it is. It's a high profile position that will attract ongoing media attention.

You mentioned corporate australia, i"m simply saying it's not uncommon for jobs NOT to be advertised, particuarly when people know a position is available.

I'd probably agree with you more on this if there didnt appear to be an interview process - but there is.

What would have satisfied you? An add in the paper which may have been pointless if quality candidates had already been spotted/expressed an interest?

Or a list of people interviewed?

Osbourne seems like a good candidate IMO.

Gronk

Staff member
Well yes, it is. It's a high profile position that will attract ongoing media attention.

You mentioned corporate australia, i"m simply saying it's not uncommon for jobs NOT to be advertised, particuarly when people know a position is available.

I'd probably agree with you more on this if there didnt appear to be an interview process - but there is.

What would have satisfied you? An add in the paper which may have been pointless if quality candidates had already been spotted/expressed an interest?

Or a list of people interviewed?

Osbourne seems like a good candidate IMO.

In terms of salary Fish it's not a big job. Yes, Mayer and Osborne seem to be solid, however I can't fathom why they didn't go to market. That's were we will continue to disagree on this one.

bartman

Immortal
Osborne reads like he has good credentials. Particularly impressed he was a mover in the off-season Rwanda trip that Hindy went on.

Still would have liked a more transparent process though, e.g. a public ad asking for expressions of interest would take away any flak about people perhaps being appointed through being in the know, or through who they knew to suggest that they get in touch etc.

forward pass

Coach
I guess the obvious question is what would his dedication be to the job. I have enough trouble with two kids and he has nine. I know a few of them are grown up but being a CEO is pretty much a 24 hour job and as long as he can commit to it then I would be all for it.

Suitman

Post Whore
I have enough trouble with two kids and he has nine.

:lol::lol: Me too!!

I'm a little with Bart and Gronk on this one. Osborne may well end up a very capable CEO (if he get's the job), but considering the position wasn't advertised, we may never know whether there was a better candidate out there.

Suity

Parra

Referee
I would not expect a job like this to be publicly advertised.

The blokes on the board had a plan it seems - I'm happy to see them implement it.

The Colonel

Immortal
where does it say it was advertised?

This is the whole point..... it doesn't say that it was or it wasn't. It does say however that the board are interviewing other potential candidates which also includes Mayer and Hill. Given the inference that the club are searching for a CEO for both the football and leagues club they could well have more candidates.

Latest posts