What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New comp- NRL minus sharks

_snafu_

Immortal
I reckon kick out Souffs (waste of space and haven't won anything in 40 years) and let the Roosters represent the area.

Goddo

Bench
How did we go in our first 11 seasons?

erm, how many club folded in that first 11 years and could not complete with the club fed with a silver spoon? How about the 1909 Grand Final with no oposition? or the fact it was an 8 team comp. Being successful during the world war is something not to be too proud of. its a sign your club was full of service dodgers.

How much money did the rabbits have with no salary cap compared to poor anandale, cumberland, university, norths or wests? Early Souths were the Dragons of the 1950s-60s, Melbourne in the 2000s or Brisbane of the 1990s. Gifted success through having buckets of money. Don't get too worked up over it.

Besides, that was 90 years ago. As relevent to the modern game as iron clad warships are to the navy today, or the Wright brothers plane to the air force. Completely irelevant. Your comparision is like chalk and cheese. Its a very different game with 16 teams and a salary cap. Recent form is a much better indicator of your side. In the last 11 seasons, the Dragons have missed the finals 3 times, made 1 grand final and 1 minor premiership, is set to be the first club to have more than 10k members, and is financially strong. Rabbits in their past 17 seasons have made the finals once, and god knows how many spoons.

/end argument

Last edited:

Red Dwarf 1

Juniors
I would be happy with this.

Illawarra Steelers to become its own club and represent the Gong.

Get rid of the Dragons and let the Sharks represent that area, who needs the dragons.

Western Suburbs magpies to come their own team again and represent Campbelltown.
kick out Balmain, again who needs them.

Norths to be at the central coast.

Sonic, I'm a Souths fan too but I think you're going a little overboard with the getting rid of teams theme.

Sonic Star

Juniors
Sonic, I'm a Souths fan too but I think you're going a little overboard with the getting rid of teams theme.

it was a piss take post to begin with :p

Just stirring the dragqueens who are yet to taste premiership victory just like their neighbours who they seem to bag out.

Rafael-Benitez-001.jpg

FACT!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yep and you can't put brains in statues or educate idiots either....Sonic Star and Timmah reinfoce that.

You can't argue with facts.

I was trying to help the Saints' side of the argument, but hey - each to their own.

Dare I point out that in the last 30 years where neither of your clubs has won a single premiership, my club has 6 in it's cabinet?

Sonic Star

Juniors
I was trying to help the Saints' side of the argument, but hey - each to their own.

Dare I point out that in the last 30 years where neither of your clubs has won a single premiership, my club has 6 in it's cabinet?

Dare I point out that no one gives a toss?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Oh, you speak for everyone now?

You are without doubt the melon of Souffs supporters :lol:

Sonic Star

Juniors
Oh, you speak for everyone now?

You are without doubt the melon of Souffs supporters :lol:

Nice one fat albert.

When it comes to fans dogs are the biggest disgrace out there.

I think I can speak for everyone there to.

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors

Life is like that:shock:

Before 1980 Canterbury had not won a premership since 1942....Another drought like that might just be around the corner for the Bulldogs.:lol:

siv

First Grade
Dragons have won 15 premierships

Can I ask how many premiserhsip have the Wests Tigers won ?

1 - as the Wests Tigers
5 - 4 with Wests and 1 as the Wests tigers
12 - 11 with Balmain Tigers and 1 as the Wests-Tigers
15 - 11 Balmain / 4 Wests / 1 Wests-Tigers

Record books will say its just 1 - as the Wests Tigers

Just like the record books will say St Geo-Ill have 0 to date