What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Jersey Released - Pictures inside.

bartman

Immortal
I actually believe we wore white shorts toward the start of the club's existance? I could be wrong, but in a 60th anniversary year I can see that as being appropriate recognition of traditions. And soccer clubs can change their colours quite drastically during the course of their history, doesn't seem to matter to their fans.

It's not like we've ditched our traditional colours wholesale, all they've done is add a third option to try and increase sales and appeal, while also leaving the standard colour options there as well.

If you don't like white, don't buy it. Other people who like it will do that. If it doesn't sell enough, then the club won't continue the experiment. But maybe they are gambling that they will increase their sales this way... time will tell.

The Colonel

Immortal
fish eel said:
since when were we blue gold and white!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 1947 was blue and gold hoops with white shorts and collar.... ;-)

parra-eels.jpg

bartman

Immortal
Here's Dick Thornett wearing white shorts, with the old blue and gold striped jersey.

p-100.jpg

You'll have to imagine the colours, but the white is pretty clear.

fish eel

Immortal
The Colonel said:
The 1947 was blue and gold hoops with white shorts and collar.... ;-)

parra-eels.jpg

I stand corrected.

The white jersey is a return to our roots, an acknowledgement of our heritage and we should wear it at home ;-) :lol:

Yeah we did wear white shorts for a very long time.

Also I don't mind the white. I had a White Polo this year, with the Blue Sleeves, I don't mind the White Jersey Also. I wonder if Colonel has spoken with Anyone about Larger Sizes yet.

Morenito

Juniors
I was more excited when i saw the training jerseys on tv...

True what Strider says though got to see them in person to give an honest opinion.

matteels

Juniors
just a question..in those pics the jerseys have the old nrl logo on them, but isnt there a new one?

bartman

Immortal
matteels said:
just a question..in those pics the jerseys have the old nrl logo on them, but isnt there a new one?

newnrl.jpg

(from NRL forum). I don't know the story.

The Colonel

Immortal
MarkInTheStands said:
I wonder if Colonel has spoken with Anyone about Larger Sizes yet.

The "Oh my god, what do you need another jersey for. You have 8 in the cupboard already not to mention the 14 polo shirts as well, it's not like you need another one at the moment!" reaction I just received suggests that I may have to wait a little while or purchase via stealth...... ;-)

MRJUCY

Juniors
I like the mix of old & new. I'm also a fan of collars but they do look too big for the shirts but maybe that's just because footballers don't have necks & it will look ok on regular people :p but at least they haven't gone to the horrible tshirt or mini collar style. Going by the pic of Jr they've still got the annoying habit of the cuffs rolling up.

yy_cheng

Coach
I agree that the white should have blue where the gold is and gold where the blue is.

I like the blue one.