What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New NRL Logo?

What do you think of the new NRL logos?

• Total voters

The Great Dane

First Grade
It's not bad, but would have liked to see one made for the ACT as well :(, we always seem to be forgotten in stuff like this.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
reckon they'll go for a sponsor chucked on top. Similar to this:

NSW_Blues.PNG

Or they could do what they did in 2001 and chuck a sponsors badge on top of the new NRL badge:

images

If the QRL SoO logo is anything to go by it looks like you're right.

187771_16348873695_1810373332_n.jpg

The Great Dane

First Grade

Bulls##t, CRL may run rl in the ACT on paper but in reality its nearly all run by the Raiders, That's why juniors from the ACT don't wear the CRL logo because in reality they have jacks##t to do with us. Hell if the NT,SA and TAS have one the ACT deserves one.

Last edited:

ek999

First Grade
Correct me if Im'm wrong but Tasmania, SA etc have their own Rugby League organisations who run their competitions. The Canberra competition falls under the CRL and they wear a CRL logo on the jersey

The Great Dane

First Grade
Correct me if Im'm wrong but Tasmania, SA etc have their own Rugby League organisations who run their competitions. The Canberra competition falls under the CRL and they wear a CRL logo on the jersey

As I stated before that's all on paper. The Canberra Raiders pretty much run the local league and no Canberran junior clubs do not wear the CRL logo.

The Great Dane

First Grade
still think there should be one, even if it's just a symbolic logo. seems strange to have every state and territory(including modifing the NRL logo for NZ) but not cater to the ACT.
Just wondering do the Yass Magpies (or is Cowra the Magpies I can't remember) wear the CRL logo, because I know the Queanbeyan roos and Blues and the Coma Colts all wear the Canberra region RL logo.

GAZF

First Grade
As I stated before that's all on paper. The Canberra Raiders pretty much run the local league and no Canberran junior clubs do not wear the CRL logo.

So by your logic, teams should not wear the logo of a body they aren't administered by. Therefore they shouldn't be wearing a CRL or ACTRL logo but a Raiders logo.

The Great Dane

First Grade
So by your logic, teams should not wear the logo of a body they aren't administered by. Therefore they shouldn't be wearing a CRL or ACTRL logo but a Raiders logo.

Pretty much what were doing now here is what the juniors are wearing at the moment.

1282835_1_S.jpg

deanjrobinson

Juniors
Overall I think the logo package - as a whole - is a lot better than I was expecting based on the original leaked version. Definitely glad the cheap gradient background is gone.

Although it a shame that the "corporate" logo is the worst of the lot (just looks and feels 'incomplete'), because its probably the one we will see the most of. The actual NRL premiership logo, incorporating the trophy, is quite nice... still not sold on the font used for the 'NRL' though.

Eddie Lab

Juniors
Just wondering do the Yass Magpies (or is Cowra the Magpies I can't remember) wear the CRL logo, because I know the Queanbeyan roos and Blues and the Coma Colts all wear the Canberra region RL logo.

Yass Magpies and it is CRL from the looks of it.

looking forward to getting involved in the club next year in some way if they are after help.