What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New NRL Logo?

What do you think of the new NRL logos?

• Total voters

The Great Dane

First Grade
Sorry mate, I was a bit harsh.
I guess it's just that if you hang around shit for too long, you start to smell like shit. And gees aren't the pollies shit?!?

I have met many pollies in my time and the truth is most of them are not very nice people (most of them are demanding arrogant snobs who think they are hots##t) except when the elections are on then they are the nicest people you could meet, the two faced bastards.

ek999

First Grade
No, we are not part of NSW maybe twenty years ago but not anymore. Both Campese and Stuart are from Queanbeyan, which is literally on the wrong side of the railway tracks which serve as border between NSW and Canberra.

The only Canberran I know of that has played for NSW is Josh Dugan and trust me not all of Canberra like NSW as much as NSW thinks we like them. Many Canberrans think that we should be made separate from NSW when it comes to SoO because Canberra is not part of NSW.

Isn't Brad Clyde from Belco? Also in my time living in Canberra I never heard one person complain abuut the ACT being considered part of NSW for SoO. If anything most Canberrans that I now would be livid that local players couldn't be considered.

Canberra needs NSW for a competition more than NSW needs Canberra. NSW based teams could easily join other Groups if that is what Canberra wanted

The Great Dane

First Grade
Isn't Brad Clyde from Belco? Also in my time living in Canberra I never heard one person complain abuut the ACT being considered part of NSW for SoO. If anything most Canberrans that I now would be livid that local players couldn't be considered.

Canberra needs NSW for a competition more than NSW needs Canberra. NSW based teams could easily join other Groups if that is what Canberra wanted

forgot about Clyde. All of the RL people I know from the ACT don't want to be part of NSW for one reason, they want the chance in the future to have there own origin team maybe not for 100 years maybe never, but if we become part of NSW then defiantly never.

Nuke

Staff member
I think my thoughts seem to be that of the majority of people's that I've seen already. I was majorly disappointed with the new NRL logo. For starters, I didn't see the need to replace the iconic one we've had since 1998. It was strong, incorporated both the green and gold of Australia and the black and white of New Zealand, had a football on it, so you knew it was to do with a code of footy even if you'd never seen it before, and incorporated the chevrons and badge shape of the ARL logo that preceded it.

Then they released this thing today.

The font is garbage. It's weak, and looks like it was trying to be futuristic, which will date quickly ... if it's not already done so. There's a lot of unnecessary open space, which I can only assume they did to highlight every individual aspect of the logo (the chevrons really don't need the whole bottom half of the logo to themselves. Look at the ARL logo. You know they're there, yet they're behind the ARL text and football. And yes, before anyone points this out, I know the Southern Cross is in their area on the new logo too, but they're a minor part of the logo so effectively it's the same point that I was making. I wouldn't be surprised if the stars were the last thing added to the logo, really as a last minute addition by the designer. I doubt one of the briefs to the designer was 'we want the Southern Cross in the logo'.

All that said, the new NRL Premiership logo I do like (with the exception of the previously-mentioned 'NRL' text), the Under20's I can go with, and although I can see what they're doing with the various state logos, I would have liked to have seen some more individuality in each of them other than different colour schemes. For example, I am happy that the QRL one gets to keep their QRL logo in place of a football, but none of the others retain any of their established identity. The NSWRL could have retained the font they've had for the past 10 years or so (I'm just using that as an example). The Blues and Maroons logos I'm not sold on either. To me, they're more like clubs in the greater State Of Origin competition, just as the NRL clubs are in the greater NRL competition, so they could have kept more of a sense of individuality from eachother. That's oversimplifying it a bit, I know, but I hope you get what I mean.

Overall, as a package, I don't mind what they've done. I just think they could have been done better, which is my gripe with it all.

Last edited:

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
forgot about Clyde. All of the RL people I know from the ACT don't want to be part of NSW for one reason, they want the chance in the future to have there own origin team maybe not for 100 years maybe never, but if we become part of NSW then defiantly never.
Haha how old are you mate? The ACT is not going to get an Origin team. Ever.

The ACT is culturally part of NSW and only exists to placate the rest of the nation that NSW wasn't becoming too powerful.

Build a bridge and support the Blues.

Trentosaurus

Juniors
The overall branding concept is excellent.

The coporate logo is weak.

The NRL font could definitely have been stronger. It already looks dated.

So, basically I have nothing to add that hasn't already been said. :D

The Great Dane

First Grade
Haha how old are you mate? The ACT is not going to get an Origin team. Ever.

The ACT is culturally part of NSW and only exists to placate the rest of the nation that NSW wasn't becoming too powerful.

Build a bridge and support the Blues.

It's not about a SoO team, it's about recognition. Have we not been faithful enough to Rugby League to get our own bloody logo, for f##k sake we were the first team outside of NSW to join the NSWRL, the first team outside of Sydney to win the Winfield cup but were not important enough to have our own logo yet the Northern Territory, South Australia and f##king Tasmania are, that's a joke.

Last edited:

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
I still dont get why we need a NSW RL and a CRL

Why no Queensland CRL, how can the QRL possibly administer the game in Mt ISA and Cairns

DeeJ

Bench
Here's all the proposed new logos:

281467_549757011717056_718879990_n.jpg

I have a friend on facebook that works for NRL development (children).

Diesel

Referee
Anybody think the Premiers should be the only team to wear the logo with the Trophy on it? Or if everyone is wearing it, maybe have that part in gold stitching rather than yellow?

I like that idea.

The logo is ok, its the font that sucks

thorson1987

Coach
Of course, they have stated that they wouldn't mess with it, this will compliment it nicely imo

Good.

Really like the NRL Premiership one aswell.

Would love it if the marking on the ground of that logo could be done in the home teams colours.

i.e NRL Premiership logo at Kogarah would be Red & White and so on.

Also like the idea of the gold trim around the logo for the defending Premiers.

Coaster

Bench
Good.

Really like the NRL Premiership one aswell.

Would love it if the marking on the ground of that logo could be done in the home teams colours.

i.e NRL Premiership logo at Kogarah would be Red & White and so on.

Also like the idea of the gold trim around the logo for the defending Premiers.

I think that is the brilliance of the design, the simplicity, and the fact that the logo is actually the font/chevrons/shape and not the words or colours.

The more i look at it, the more impressed i am with it.

Love it

applesauce

Bench
I think that is the brilliance of the design, the simplicity, and the fact that the logo is actually the font/chevrons/shape and not the words or colours.

The more i look at it, the more impressed i am with it.

Love it

I agree. This thread needs more positivity, I think the Premiership logo is first class.

Latest posts