What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New NRL Logo?

What do you think of the new NRL logos?

• Total voters

smithie

Juniors
While I do like the idea of consistency, the NRL logo is just too bland. I would have preferred something like this:

nrllogosml.png

Thoughts?

They'll do this if they do it at all. Would be good to see the NRL logo on its own. The naming rights sponsor may get parallel branding (for exanmple the Telstra logo next to the NRL logo in all media usage) to make up for not being on the jerseys.

reckon they'll go for a sponsor chucked on top. Similar to this:

NSW_Blues.PNG

Or they could do what they did in 2001 and chuck a sponsors badge on top of the new NRL badge:

images

Frailty

First Grade
Quite like it. The corporate logo is a little bland, but I think they've done well in creating a uniform look across the code. I love the One Community/Participation logos!

griff

Bench
I would have preferred they kept the old typeface as the NRL was a strong word mark. The new typeface looks like it is trying too hard to be modern and so will date badly.

WayneBennett

Juniors
I think its a steaming pile of excrement that looks like the ARL and Cricket logos got together one night in a drunken haze and 9 months later we have an illegitimate kid

100%green

Juniors
I have actually just posted all over Facebook that i hated the corperate logo, but now seeing the actual whole branding idea I like it.

I saw RLW post a Black and Grey version of the comp logo for the Warriors. The only thing I would like to see if the comp logo for the NRL be in each clubs colors.

GAZF

First Grade
Didn't we try to do this back in 1997?

Because the game was still factionalised.

I have actually just posted all over Facebook that i hated the corperate logo, but now seeing the actual whole branding idea I like it.

I saw RLW post a Black and Grey version of the comp logo for the Warriors. The only thing I would like to see if the comp logo for the NRL be in each clubs colors.

The corporate logo is fine as a corporate logo and weak as a sports logo. Thankfully this has been addressed.

Frailty

First Grade
FMD.... What a bunch of pissants complaining about a f**king logo - which now presents a consistent image to the game...

The same guys who couldn't give a shit how bad the TV deal was 'because we got a billion'.

Expansion

Juniors
The Vodafone Warriors’ NRL and NYC teams will be able to wear special New Zealand-flavoured logos on their playing jerseys from the start of the 2014 season but will use the just-released NRL logo in 2013.
In unveiling its five-year brand and strategic plan today the ARLC (Australian Rugby League Commission) revealed a new master brand drawing on the green and gold colours which recognise rugby league’s tradition in Australia spanning more than 100 years.
However, the NRL has also made specific changes to the NRL and NYC logos for the Vodafone Warriors by embracing New Zealand’s black and white tones. These versions will be available for use by the Vodafone Warriors for the 2014 season.
A New Zealand-flavoured version of the One Community logo has also been designed. This is due to be approved by the ARLC soon.

00050550-leadimage.jpg

Big Sam

First Grade
What does a 'New Zealand-flavoured logo' taste like? Lamb? Kiwifruit?

Odd turn of phrase that.