What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New NRL Logo?

What do you think of the new NRL logos?

• Total voters

ek999

First Grade
Just wondering do the Yass Magpies (or is Cowra the Magpies I can't remember) wear the CRL logo, because I know the Queanbeyan roos and Blues and the Coma Colts all wear the Canberra region RL logo.

Queanbeyan Blues and Belconnen United Scholars both wore the CRL logo in the Grand Final this year

The Great Dane

First Grade
Queanbeyan Blues and Belconnen United Scholars both wore the CRL logo in the Grand Final this year

That's Canberra Raiders cup Under 18s to first grade, they are required to wear the CRL logo not the Canberra region RL one. I don't know why they are required to wear the CRL logo but they are.

Last edited:

Desert Qlder

First Grade
As someone who struggles to draw a stick figure, design concepts are certainly not my strong point.

But I do like the overall approach taken with this branding. Of particular importance is the emphasis on Green and Gold being the prominent colours of the NRL and Premiership logos.

Using these colours emphasises the national, representative element of our game and creates a nice point of difference from the AFL. The chevrons are also a strong identifier, and synonomous with our game.

Also, I'm impressed with the slogan 'The Greatest Game of All' once again coming to prominence. It is a truly timeless and unique tagline and the best one we could use.

There may be some weaknesses but overall the design and uniformity are quite good. It is underestimated how important branding like this can be, and fortunately this new branding creates a sense of strength and unity within the game.

Stagger Lee

Bench
4339206-3x4-340x453.jpg

Well I think it is OK

And the new tag line 'The Greatest Game of All' is a very good slogan.

well done the commission*

*subject to sloth-field giving his approval :sarcasm:

ek999

First Grade
That's Canberra Raiders cup Under 18s to first grade, they are required to wear the CRL logo not the Canberra region RL one. I don't know why they are required to wear the CRL logo but they are.

Does CRL provide funding/grants to the Canberra Rugby League to run the competitions?

Big Sam

First Grade
Isn't the ACT in a Rugby League sense part of NSW? After all guys like Stuart and Campese have all played for NSW.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Does CRL provide funding/grants to the Canberra Rugby League to run the competitions?
For the Canberra Raiders Cup yes ( I think, I don't have anything to do with them), but none for the Canberra region rl, that money pretty much all comes from the Raiders and fundraising events held by the individual clubs.

Big Sam

First Grade
Anybody think the Premiers should be the only team to wear the logo with the Trophy on it? Or if everyone is wearing it, maybe have that part in gold stitching rather than yellow?

The Great Dane

First Grade
Isn't the ACT in a Rugby League sense part of NSW? After all guys like Stuart and Campese have all played for NSW.

No, we are not part of NSW maybe twenty years ago but not anymore. Both Campese and Stuart are from Queanbeyan, which is literally on the wrong side of the railway tracks which serve as border between NSW and Canberra.

The only Canberran I know of that has played for NSW is Josh Dugan and trust me not all of Canberra like NSW as much as NSW thinks we like them. Many Canberrans think that we should be made separate from NSW when it comes to SoO because Canberra is not part of NSW.

Stinkler

Juniors
No, we are not part of NSW maybe twenty years ago but not anymore. Both Campese and Stuart are from Queanbeyan, which is literally on the wrong side of the railway tracks which serve as border between NSW and Canberra.

The only Canberran I know of that has played for NSW is Josh Dugan and trust me not all of Canberra like NSW as much as NSW thinks we like them. Many Canberrans think that we should be made separate from NSW when it comes to SoO because Canberra is not part of NSW.

That's OK mate.
Most people from the rest of the country hate Canberra and the ACT.
I guess you could say that the feeling is mutual?

Have fun playing State of Origin as the ACT. I hope you beat Tasmania.

Stinkler

Juniors
Anybody think the Premiers should be the only team to wear the logo with the Trophy on it? Or if everyone is wearing it, maybe have that part in gold stitching rather than yellow?

I like it.
Make it happen Mr Grant!

If you take the trophy out of the logo for everyone but the Premiers, you should put a spoon in the logo for the team who finshed last :D

The Great Dane

First Grade
That's OK mate.
Most people from the rest of the country hate Canberra and the ACT.
I guess you could say that the feeling is mutual?

Have fun playing State of Origin as the ACT. I hope you beat Tasmania.

Never said we hate NSW, just want our own identity, and the only reason
" Most people from the rest of the country hate Canberra and the ACT." is the pollies and were not the ones who put them here. We hate the pollies just as much as you do if not more because we have to put up with them everyday. PS: Pollies from Victoria are the worst.

Stinkler

Juniors
Never said we hate NSW, just want our own identity, and the only reason
" Most people from the rest of the country hate Canberra and the ACT." is the pollies and were not the ones who put them here. We hate the pollies just as much as you do if not more because we have to put up with them everyday. PS: Pollies from Victoria are the worst.

Sorry mate, I was a bit harsh.
I guess it's just that if you hang around shit for too long, you start to smell like shit. And gees aren't the pollies shit?!?

LESStar58

Referee
Corporate logo looks a bit naff but the premiership and under 20s logos with the trophies look pretty good...

mn_tibor

Juniors

I think this is one thing that is great in the AFL, the premiers have a gold logo. It would be awesome if the NRL did something similar. It's a pity that the warriors have their own version as this would detract from the premiers having a different logo.

Latest posts