What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New NRL Logo?

What do you think of the new NRL logos?

• Total voters

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Perth Red got his way it seems

The Herald was told that the same logo will be used across the game but in different colours, such as sky blue and royal blue for the NSWRL, for state and other affiliated bodies.

The State of Origin and Test team logos will remain as they are considered iconic but every other level of the game will eventually feature the new NRL branding.

The move is a bid to end years of confusion, particularly at grassroots level, where development officers often complain that juniors don't understand the relationship between the NRL and ARL, NSWRL or CRL.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ok-and-plan-20121029-28duv.html#ixzz2Ad0qGHn6

The Queensland logo will be Maroon and grey, and the CRL's is maroon and gold.

The same design will be used for the Under 20s Toyota Cup competition.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ch-new-logo-20121029-28e41.html#ixzz2Ad9EDQlR

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal
Does anyone else think they should just have one name... either the NRL or the ARL

can't be both... The fact that the ARLC runs the NRL is very confusing ...

John Grant should be the chairman of the NRL board, and the CEO runs the NRL premiership

The Australian Kangaroos brand would still report to the NRL board... as would the NSWRL and the QRL

I don't think its that confusing when you take into account the fact that the NRL isn't the only Rugby League comp in Australia.

unforgiven

Bench
The design of the new NRL logo is definately the one that was leaked a couple of months ago, its up on the NRL site.

Rosetta

Juniors
Logo-Levels.jpg

Big Sam

First Grade
Love the uniformity. I assume the one the players wear and the one they paint on the field will be the 'NRL Premiership' one (i.e. #2)?

Expansion

Juniors
Anyone notice the slight change in the NRL logo from before?

It use to have a green border around it, it is now black. Love the unity between the logos.

GAZF

First Grade
The shield shape reminds me of an elongated UPS logo

ups.gif

I'm glad they cleaned the design up a bit and added black. Without black, the green is too weak to work with the gold.

Corporate: Not strong for sports but will have limited use
NRL/U20's premiership: The respective trophies fill up the void of space nicely
State/territory leagues: Good to see the brands unified, shame that the QLD insisted on keeping their ball
Origin logo looks fantastic, All-stars is a lateral move but was essential
Kangaroos logo is a big improvement over the current logo though I'd prefer to not see it on the jersey (coat of arms only).
Community/development logos also tie the existing identities in well with the new one.

All in all, the current NRL logo is a stronger mark but has less flexibility. For the sake of unifying RL as a brand, I'm happy to see them go ahead with this.

GAZF

First Grade
Wonder how the new logo will work with the sponsors? Will the sponsor just be added to the top of the badge??

They'll do this if they do it at all. Would be good to see the NRL logo on its own. The naming rights sponsor may get parallel branding (for exanmple the Telstra logo next to the NRL logo in all media usage) to make up for not being on the jerseys.

Big Sam

First Grade
They'll do this if they do it at all. Would be good to see the NRL logo on its own. The naming rights sponsor may get parallel branding (for exanmple the Telstra logo next to the NRL logo in all media usage) to make up for not being on the jerseys.

Or they could maybe do what the A-League does with Hyundai and put the sponsor's logo on the sleeve?

GAZF

First Grade
Or they could maybe do what the A-League does with Hyundai and put the sponsor's logo on the sleeve?

I doubt the clubs would agree as it would limit their potential earnings. Would look better though.

Latest posts