What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New NRL Logo?

What do you think of the new NRL logos?

• Total voters

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
I dont get from Coogee to Kangaroos....

If they could pick one suburb that envisages middle Australia... its hardly coogee...

From Coogee oval to Kangaroo's hotel... its only 1 km

Say Kalgoorlie to Kangaroos.... for f**k sake

Coogee are a junior team who also use the chevrons on their uniform. That was the whole point of that spiel iirc.

Expansion

Juniors
While I agree with the font, but I think dissonance may just be caused by it being different. Will likely grow on us.
The colours been green and gold is probably the smartest decision they made for a number of reasons:

1) Green and Gold is nationally and internationally recognized as the Aussie colours.
2) We want to be recognised as the NATIONAL sporting competition
3) Rugby has a weird piss yellow and sea green colour, and only for their international level (similar to what we have had till now)
4) We look like more of a National Brand than the AFL does just based on the branding. People will see the logo and think "that's Aussie"

On the money.

Club colours is going to take a long time. Might do them separately (not on the jerseys). Doubt it would go down well in reality after Super League did it though.

Exactly.

Prometheus

Juniors
I dont get from Coogee to Kangaroos....

If they could pick one suburb that envisages middle Australia... its hardly coogee...

From Coogee oval to Kangaroo's hotel... its only 1 km

Say Kalgoorlie to Kangaroos.... for f**k sake

The Coogee Dolphins are the team that lost six players in the Bali Bombing (10th anniversary a couple of weeks ago). They play for free, raise money for many charities and are often held up as a symbol of the ideals and camaraderie that rugby league stands for.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I wonder what they'll do when we play a side that doesn't use chevrons, like England :)

I know, I know...

Bring back the GB Lions!

114118236-great-britain-rugby-league-player-kevin-ward-gettyimages.jpg

Desert Qlder

First Grade
The more I see it the more it grows on me personally.

The Chevrons really are strong, simple and elegant. And Green and Gold (with prominent dark green over the wannabees canary yellow) really is a winner over red, white and blue.

I agree the font could have been better but it is a small consideration.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
A foreign take on it.

The old logo would have been perfect for a club called the Rugby Bombers or something. That thing was mean and threatening. Not a bad pair of characteristics for the sport. It wasn’t a bad logo. Perhaps plenty of usage issues with the black on green color combo but nothing too offensive. The new logo feels much more sophisticated and upscale, like more of a European soccer club or league. It takes a couple of elements from the old logo — the chevrons, the yellow and green colors, and the odd “NR” ligature — and makes them work better together. If not completely better, at least in a more contemporary manner. The addition of the Southern Cross constellation ties the league with the flag of Australia, making it more nationalistic. The main logo doesn’t feature a rugby ball, but once you go down the logo ladder it starts appearing and it’s a somewhat decent execution of it although its curves clash oddly against the angled chevrons. Overall, it’s an effective and very corporate-like system, which gathering from what I’ve read online — management issues, money issues, trust issues — the NRL could use any bit of help it can get.

http://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/national_rugby_league_goes_corporateer.php

i've always like the old N.T. logo with the bulls head........ I like the new lgogs for each state, but i reckon they should of have had a state symbol in the middle instead

GAZF

First Grade
i've always like the old N.T. logo with the bulls head........ I like the new lgogs for each state, but i reckon they should of have had a state symbol in the middle instead

Could still be reworked as a coat of arms for a rep jersey.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I don't understand how people call the old one a "good logo".

As someone said upon it's release in 1998, it's clunky, looks like a bomb and doesn't *really* make much sense.

Latest posts