What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New NRL Logo?

What do you think of the new NRL logos?

• Total voters

joshreading

Staff member
While I do like the idea of consistency, the NRL logo is just too bland. I would have preferred something like this:

nrllogosml.png

Thoughts?

Significantly better - the font is one of the let downs with the new logo. The retention of the present Font also would have given some level of consistency.

GAZF

First Grade
Significantly better - the font is one of the let downs with the new logo. The retention of the present Font also would have given some level of consistency.

The problem would then be applying a heavy slab serif typeface at small scales across the entire logo set. What they've picked is far more friendly for use at any scale and will not require the use of a secondary typeface in other applications. Also, with Rockwell being such a horizontally scaled typeface, there is even more negative space introduced at the top. You would need a flatter or perfectly square top of the logo to combat this.

BranVan3000

Coach
While I agree with the font, but I think dissonance may just be caused by it being different. Will likely grow on us.
The colours been green and gold is probably the smartest decision they made for a number of reasons:

1) Green and Gold is nationally and internationally recognized as the Aussie colours.
2) We want to be recognised as the NATIONAL sporting competition
3) Rugby has a weird piss yellow and sea green colour, and only for their international level (similar to what we have had till now)
4) We look like more of a National Brand than the AFL does just based on the branding. People will see the logo and think "that's Aussie"

BunniesMan

Immortal
The NRL is as Kiwi as the NBA is Canadian.

In other words, not at f**king all.

This is an Australian comp with 1 New Zealand team in it. It's racist to have different logos.

GAZF

First Grade
The NRL is as Kiwi as the NBA is Canadian.

In other words, not at f**king all.

This is an Australian comp with 1 New Zealand team in it. It's racist to have different logos.

Not its not, a national entity is not a race. Why is it that the feeble minded immediately fall back on racism as a defence?

100%green

Juniors
I wonder if there will be logos for special round based on what we've seen.

• Bronze/gold for heritage round
  • Pink/grey for WiL
  • Something for indigenous round
  • Anzac round

Wouldn't mind seeing some mock ups of that.

You mentioned you may try and put this logo on some designs you were doing, could you try doing them in the club colors? Just curious to see what they look like.

GAZF

First Grade
Club colours is going to take a long time. Might do them separately (not on the jerseys). Doubt it would go down well in reality after Super League did it though.

100%green

Juniors
Club colours is going to take a long time. Might do them separately (not on the jerseys). Doubt it would go down well in reality after Super League did it though.

No offense to you mate, but god I am sick of hearing that!!! SL is in the past. I didn't even think of that. I was more thinking of how MLB does it now with all their teams and it looks great.

GAZF

First Grade
None taken at all, I agree that people hold onto the idea that if SL did something the NRL can't are holding an unnecessary grudge.

MLB's use of that idea is a good one, works well with their simple logo.

100%green

Juniors
None taken at all, I agree that people hold onto the idea that if SL did something the NRL can't are holding an unnecessary grudge.

MLB's use of that idea is a good one, works well with their simple logo.

That was my thinking was and would make these logos stand out so much more!!!

GAZF

First Grade
Personally I'd prefer to see a unified logo on playing gear. Would be cool to see the team specific logos on other merch though.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Whilst I love the designs and some level of unity, still think they missed a trick by not having just one ARL logo that is on every jersey in the land from the U5's through to the Kangaroos. that is what excites kids, wearing something that is worn by their heroes with one day dreaming of that logo being on a rep shirt they pull on.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Perth Red said:
Whilst I love the designs and some level of unity, still think they missed a trick by not having just one ARL logo that is on every jersey in the land from the U5's through to the Kangaroos. that is what excites kids, wearing something that is worn by their heroes with one day dreaming of that logo being on a rep shirt they pull on.

It is? I find it hard to believe that kids give too much of a shit what logo is on their club jerseys

RL_Patriot

Juniors
The logo has grown on me. Hated it at first sight but now I like the way it ties everything under one body and has a sense of professionalism.
Think about it in terms of army rankings. A Private doesn't wear the same badge as a Sergeant Commander

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
I dont get from Coogee to Kangaroos....

If they could pick one suburb that envisages middle Australia... its hardly coogee...

From Coogee oval to Kangaroo's hotel... its only 1 km

Say Kalgoorlie to Kangaroos.... for f**k sake