What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New NRL Logo?

What do you think of the new NRL logos?

• Total voters

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
I realised that TRL has a new logo under the new branding, but did mistakenly think this was the old one.

I just thought it was funny because of the use of 'the map of Tasmania'.
Would also be funny if the TRL changed their logo recently only for the ARL to sweep through the changes

Not sure what you mean, both the NSWRL and QRL were formed around the same time.
The QRL logo isn't very old is what he meant.

Expansion

Juniors
I am confused abut one thing.
NRL teams don't usually wear the NRL logo anyway, they wear the Telstra Premiership logo.
The Telstra Premiership logo is also the one on the field markings, in fact the NRL logo is not very prominent at all. But these articles make it sound like it will be the NRL logo on teams jerseys next year. What then happens to the Telstra Premiership logo?

We are going back to having the sponsor have a small patch above the NRL logo on the jerseys. Ala 2002 I think it was. It's a very good move by the game. The NRL logo needs to become the second predominate in Australian Rugby League.

Nuke

Staff member
2001 actually, but your point stands.

All clubs will wear -as I understand it- the NRL Premiership logo (the one with the trophy at the bottom). Whoever the sponsor of the comp is (be it Telstra or someone else), their logo will be added above the NRL Premiership logo. Probably in a similar way to the way that VB has been on the Kangaroos logo, and various sponsors over the past 10 years have been added to the top of the NSW Origin logo.

Example 1:
30651_4_1.jpg

Example 2:
675728-state-of-origin-logo.jpg

Lockyer4President!

First Grade

All clubs will wear -as I understand it- the NRL Premiership logo (the one with the trophy at the bottom). Whoever the sponsor of the comp is (be it Telstra or someone else), their logo will be added above the NRL Premiership logo. Probably in a similar way to the way that VB has been on the Kangaroos logo, and various sponsors over the past 10 years have been added to the top of the NSW Origin logo.

Example 1:
30651_4_1.jpg

Example 2:
675728-state-of-origin-logo.jpg

Like this.
187771_16348873695_1810373332_n.jpg

You can see the NSW Blues logo with the sponsor on it over at the NRL Shop site.

http://www.nrlshop.com

nrl-holiday-shopping.jpg

Last edited:

Desert Qlder

First Grade
I bloody well hope VB doesn't do to the Australian logo what they have to the roaches. That's laughable.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Tooheys really should push to sponsor the blues, NSW needs a NSW beer.

It wasn't that long ago NSW had financial institutions sponsoring them, now it's a Victorian beer brand. Seems kind of backwards to me...

I may be dreaming but I'd prefer if they left the sponsorships off rep jerseys altogether.

093817-craig-greenhill.jpg

250198-nsw-blues.jpg

GAZF

First Grade
It wasn't that long ago NSW had financial institutions sponsoring them, now it's a Victorian beer brand. Seems kind of backwards to me...

I may be dreaming but I'd prefer if they left the sponsorships off rep jerseys altogether.

093817-craig-greenhill.jpg

250198-nsw-blues.jpg

Agreed, I bought that blues jersey from Classic's retro collection. Wouldn't be caught dead wearing any blues jumper from 2009 onwards.

The best blues look would be these + hooped socks - chest sponsor:
peterwallace_origin_wideweb__470x329,2.jpg

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Agreed, I bought that blues jersey from Classic's retro collection. Wouldn't be caught dead wearing any blues jumper from 2009 onwards.

The best blues look would be these + hooped socks - chest sponsor:
peterwallace_origin_wideweb__470x329,2.jpg

Agreed. It looks awesome.

Hope the new IC see it this way.

Expansion

Juniors

From 2014. In 2013 all clubs will wear the NRL Corporate logo.

XXXX may be shit but at least its a QLD beer.

Huge understatement.

mn_tibor

Juniors
Extract from http://www.qrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=our-golden-history talking about the creation of the QRA in 1908.

It was during these early meetings that the new Q.R.A. body chose to wear maroon jerseys and white shorts as its official playing strip, with a white “Q” to be emblazoned on the left breast alongside a kangaroo. It’s interesting to note that had the Q.R.A.’s approach to the NSWRFL to use the kangaroo emblem, that an emu was the second choice.

Latest posts