What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New NRL Logo?

What do you think of the new NRL logos?

• Total voters

newman

First Grade
This thread has it all. It pretty much sums up LU. Bad spelling, bad reading, timmah swanning in lecturing on something he's told *everyone* a million times, bunniesderp making some ridiculous suggestion, Perth red saying we should imitate AFL. There's only one word missing...

Topball

Ha! Well played sir.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Global marketing is where the future is. One badge to unite the game around the world. Each countries national colours incorporated into the same design with the competition that team is playing in incorporated also.eg

7886036376_1bb432d176.jpg

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
... I knew I should have kept my mouth shut, but whatever, we're doin' this.

"their saying the new logo is just over they're --->"

Nowhere did he say their logo, which you are right, is the correct usage.

The correct way of saying this would be:

They're (they are) saying the new logo is just over there --->

The first use is made for point of reference, while the second use refers to location (implied by the arrow).

... Never been a grammar nazi before.

Feels kinda good.r

:)

Heil... something.

Eye think ewe will fined that eye rote that poste like that on porpoise as a digg at the tightl off the thred.

Trentosaurus

Juniors
Btw you're all wrong with the there/their debate. Thread title should be 'Will the NRL change its logo?'. NRL is a single entity - 'their' is used for plural nouns.
It makes me very sad that it took until page three for someone to post this.

Timbo

Staff member
This thread is making my eyes hurt.

Anyway, the people saying the new logo in unfair to New Zealand, two things:

1 - It was an Australian competition when you joined it, and it's still and Australian competiton now. Feel free to have your own competition if you don't like it. Oh wait, you don't have the player base or the money. So there's that.

2 - Have you seen the New Zealand flag? It's got the Southern Cross on it for gods sake.

No but it is socially and culturally identified as Australian

No it's not. There are a number of countries that have the Southern Cross on their flag other than Aus and NZ.
* PNG
* Samoa
* Tokelau
* Niue (a stylised version within the Union Jack)
* Brazil
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Cross_Flag#Other_flags_with_the_Southern_Cross

Not to forget that there is a difference in the design of the southern cross between Aus and NZ. Main two differences being that the Aus stars are white and have four seven points (one for each state (ACT & NT represented by one point)) and one five pointed start. NZ has four five pointed stars that are red with a narrow white boarder.

Diesel

Referee
Global marketing is where the future is. One badge to unite the game around the world. Each countries national colours incorporated into the same design with the competition that team is playing in incorporated also.eg

7886036376_1bb432d176.jpg

I think this has a lot of merit for the international game and should be looked at. I just cringed a little as it reminded me of Super League a little.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
No, and I'd disagree with the above idea. Reeks of SL.

Perth Red

Post Whore
PR often comes across as a SL/News stooge.

yeh they only fu**ed up my chance to have a team to follow for 20 years! Why wouldn't I be?

Despised the way they went about it but their ideas around spreading the game internationally and their attempt to link the two top leagues in both hemispheres I think was not far short of where we will end up one day.