What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New NRL Logo?

What do you think of the new NRL logos?

• Total voters

WayneBennett

Juniors
Not exactly what you wanted but here's a logo I did reusing elements of the current logo.

NRL_logo_ball.jpg

And, since its appropriate here, a work in progress as requested by docbrown.

NRL-Logo-e1343095680898.gif

Quite sure this has been said , but Gaz needs to be employed by the NRL STAT

Diesel

Referee
If its that shitty one based on the ACB I won't be happy. If its something like GAZF's then that's a good start.

It shits me when we have RL fans designing better logos and jerseys than some of these so-called experts or consultants that charge hundreds of thousands of dollars

Diesel

Referee
I don't think the commission need one at all. The ARL one is fine and the NRL logo should replace the Telstra Premiership like it did 1998-2000. The AFL have their shit together when it comes to the jersey, why can't we?

Perth Red

Post Whore
NRL logo has changed in line with Telstra branding changes over the years so we could end up with something like this if we stick with them?

7991596596_545289754b.jpg

GAZF

First Grade
Something I hadn't considered was that the amount of large negative space is there to accommodate a naming rights sponsor. PR's example above shows how awful the NRL has been at shoehorning sponsors in over the last decade.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Here's the last two Telstra ones. Going to be interesting to see what they do as previously the NRL was the governing body and had its own logo which they then adapted to add in the sponsor for the competition. ARLC can't really do that I wouldn't think unless they have ARL, NRL and sponsor on it which could look messy or they incorporate the essence of the ARL logo and just switch the ARL wording with NRL?

100px-National_Rugby_League_2001.png

nrl-logo-for-forum.png

150px-NRL_logo.svg.png

El Diablo

Post Whore
yes I do have a massive problem with it, the NRL should have a stand alone brand that is consistent and instantly recognisable. Any marketing Cert3 student will tell you the importance of a strong recognisable company brand. Hopefully they will and I hope the leaked logo doing the rounds is an indication there will be. if not expect to see this on next years jerseys (presuming Telstra get naming rights again)

NRL logo has changed in line with Telstra branding changes over the years so we could end up with something like this if we stick with them?

same whinge twice now

have a shower ffs