What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

carcharias

Immortal
he aint coming here.

The only past big names we have got have been on the rebound.
Every single one of them .

Frailty

First Grade
so it's pretty clear that now taumolo has re-signed and dce foran and merrin decide where their futures are, that there's gonna be some clubs with a fair bit of cap space to spend. assuming you boys miss DCE, where do you turn?

Hodkinson I think was the name mentioned should we miss out on DCE. It would be a major battle to get him away from Belmore though.

Plastered

Juniors
Lurker (all hail the Lurker) saying that we were faves but DCE had a tanty because the cameras and press were there. Says it must've been Sharks officials that worded up the media.

sharknows

Bench
DCE is the biggest prima dona in the game. His head is so far up his own arse it's amazing he can breathe. I'm not that disappointed if he doesn't come here as I really enjoy screaming for someone to take his head off everytime he plays....and I have a really bad feeling on his affect on team unity.

chewsta

First Grade
may not have been the club or his manager actually. People spotted DCE sitting with Flanno in a shop somewhere and plastered it all over facebook on all the Sharks pages for everyone to see in excitement. The Media would be all over those types of pages hunting for anything to run with. they probably saw a post from an excited fan and hit the afterburners straight to the club with cameras in tow.

I might be biased, well I am.
But I can't see why we wouldn't be the best fit for him at present.
He will be very well paid, ok not the highest bidder but still swimming in it.
Play alongside his best mate in Ben Barba.
Have a powerful and experienced forward pack and the best out of Manly and the Gold Coast by the length of the Flemington straight.
Get out of the shit hole the Sea Eagles has become with constant infighting and bitching.
If he goes to the Gold Coast he will earn some extra dollars but can seriously forget about a Premiership.
We are seriously only a player or two away from being a serious Premiership threat on a constant basis.
He's not stupid to know he's our missing link.
Join the dots DCE.

Craigshark

First Grade
I tend to agree. If he goes to the Titans then it was purely about the money for him, so be it. It isn't going to help his career going there. He'd be better off staying with Manly or coming to us.

I don't think the fact the NRL has stepped in and guaranteed his pay day cause the Titans are too useless themselves too has helped us, however I don't think we're out of the race yet. I like what cb4 had to say, even if it was before a lot of this other stuff has happened.

carcharias

Immortal
Titans team is dog shit now
Manly had peaked and will in rebuild to an extent
We on paper have potential
But
Apparently we have offered the lowest price
Not sure as wooden spooners and comp/media current whipping boys title holders that that is enough.

He ain't coming here.

Vin Fizz

Bench
Too much speculation going on. So the lurker wants us to believe that DCE is pissed off because of a minor matter of a media tip off and turn down a very lucrative offer in favour of a club(s) who's woes have only just begun. Maybe DCE was pissed off but I cant seriously believe that doesn't pale into insignificance compared to the Tits shits. FMD the media think (probably right in some cases) that we are all fools FFS. My gut feel is we have pitched a great deal and are hopeful if not a wee bit confident we will get him. But imho the days of us selling our soul maybe behind us if the recent past with the new management is any guide.

Last edited:

Madsharkie

First Grade
I think CB4 said that he was waiting on us to organise/finalise the 3rd party deals, so I'm pretty sure there was more than one on offer.
At the start of the week I was confident that we'd sign DCE. Now I'm not convinced at all. In fact I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that we won't sign him... and IF we do it will be a massive bonus. Until it's officially announced I won't be getting my hopes up at all. It's dragged on too long.

Last edited:

Card Shark

Immortal
So it's the end of the week....

Surely if he was staying at Manly, it would've been announced.

Maybe wishful thinking.

Madsharkie

First Grade
If he was staying at manly you'd think he would've announced it either prior to, or at their season launch yesterday.

carcharias

Immortal
To be fair he was more than likely going to the titans a week ago.
Now he'd have to insane to pick them.
Maybe if he was 18 yeah but not now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts