What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frailty

First Grade
Irrespective if he signs with us or anyone, announcing he's changing clubs before the preceding season is bloody ludicrous.

Soccer players all over the world change clubs in designated periods, why can't Rugby League players.

It's a definite blight on the game.

It's a lose-lose situation.

When there was a specified period, people complained. There was still speculation, and player managers were still meeting with clubs but 'informally'.

Tryhard

Juniors
It's a lose-lose situation.

When there was a specified period, people complained. There was still speculation, and player managers were still meeting with clubs but 'informally'.

It's definitely Lose-Lose, but something has to be done & surely with the money inside NRL HQ let alone the supposed expertise they could come up with something better!

hey, good luck to em.
if they can hold onto both guys.

Cherry Evans was identified by them, started with them in NYC, came through the grade.

Foran was a Norths junior...who then signed with Manly, again came through the grade with them.

now you could say "they arent Manly juniors"

but who do we have from sutrherland shire leagues in our team? Mitch Brown and thats it.

so basically the league, is stepping in and assisting...on player recruitment. because they threw in the towel because it all got too hard.

hahah

i hope they lose every game and a meteor hits f**king draculas.

bluefox1968

Juniors
So, it was fun dreaming about having DCE while it lasted.

It seems he is motivated my money first, and Manly second, which means - when you look at the NRL-assisted (?) crazy offer from GC, we are no chance (out of the 3).

Sharkman

Juniors
I echo that, good luck to him.

As for having consult and contributing to recruitment, that's a big red flag.

Players today are under intense scrutiny on and off the field, like never before.
To be, potentially, the games highest paid player makes you a target of fans, rival fans and the 24 he news cycle on its on.
Imagine if the Titans played badly and DCE had to cop to the blame for supporting or signing on off on a whole stack of players.
It would be intense and relentless. Would it impact his form, his attitude, his commitment?

Staying with Manly is the safest option, no surprises. The club finds a way to restock its roster to be competitive.
Coming to us provides the greatest opportunity to win and do something that's never been done before. Immortality gauranteed should a premiership be won.
Titans the most money and influence. And the most risk of being part of a perennial loser.

If not us, I say Manly. Titans 2016 playing roster is simply too much of unknown for him in my eyes.

ghoti

Bench
i'd love to have DCE here, but i'd be happy for Gold Coast to actually get someone in to make them less mediocre. no one cares about that f**kin team.

at least when you watch the raiders it's like an inverted harlem globetrotters show... the missed tackles! the dropped balls! the failure to pressure the opposition line!

carcharias

Immortal
titans team is shit.

He is wasting his footy career going there.
We have potential at least

Dogs would be my pick if I were him.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
so it's pretty clear that now taumolo has re-signed and dce foran and merrin decide where their futures are, that there's gonna be some clubs with a fair bit of cap space to spend. assuming you boys miss DCE, where do you turn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts