What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Hodkinson and Murphy are not bad options. Cool heads, good kick and half the price or better
You are all right haven't seen the best of DCE yet...... Or have we.... $2.4mill bet...

Why would manly let him go so easy if he is the bomb... DCE and Foran main option then Foran now became their main focus....

Something is not right...

Hey but all you guys know a lot more about footy then me... Thats is the way it come across..

CB4 the only guy worth listening too...

The most just want to ridicule and abuse.... Very petty...

When did I ridicule or abuse you?

I just said I would rather not have Maloney...

island pro

Juniors
Geez id hate to have you in my corner. You shoot me down on comments and then say exactly the same as what i am saying.

Lets not buy DCE because he is the best half on the market.

Lets buy the best half on the market that suits our team.

Otherwise we will need to rebuild around him and i think everybody agrees we can't be doing that to often.

I believe we have a very good side and lots of back up.

flanno lets not f... it up and lose players like previous years trying to chase a premeirship and lets build it.

He said 'if' we don't get DCE. He didn't say 'let's go for Hodkinson instead of DCE'. Not really sure that he was agreeing with you. I could be wrong.

For him to be taking this long to make a decision I'm starting to think he really won't be staying at Manly.

Anyway that's just my hunch.

Feej

First Grade
Titans for sure. Apparently Manly not happy with the NRL being involved with the Tits and effectively helping to lure him away from them.

ghoti

Bench
Jesus Christ, that is absurd money for Merrin. Pretty disappointed with Penrith for that, was enjoying their strategy of assembling a balance depth roster over big money imports. I reckon Merrin's a great player, but insane that he demands that kinda coin!

That's a lot of money for a guy who is not a game changer.

High work rate for sure but does he put the fear of god into the opposition when he runs the ball?

Not really.

Makes our offer to DCE look like excellent value.

Maybe too much value for DCE's liking?

cb4

First Grade
If there is anything we have learnt from this saga, player managers manipulate the media.

- Only a select few Sharks employee's knew if the DCE meeting. All have been cleared of informing the media.
- He left our meeting satisfied with our offer and our vision of the future.
- We were leading the race from there.
- A meeting was had between Forans management and DCE's management with the Eagles to discuss the future, with the outcome unsuccessful for Manly.
- DCE all but agreed to terms until the NRL stepped in.
- Despite Greenburgs tweets about not helping with recruitment, they have guaranteed his deal and informed him of the role he will play in marketing the GC area.
- His deal will more than double from outside income and promotion if he joins the GC which has left us and Manly furious.
- The medias report of our offer is completely wrong. We have offered him more than is reported but is a manipulation to get us to break our silence or offer more coin.
Does anyone think we would offer the best half in the game 50k more than Trent Merrin per annum?
- We have a third party backer who has now upped his investment after the NRL moved the goal posts to try and get him to the Shire but it seems to have been unsuccessful.
- The media also forgot to report our offer to Trent Merrin.

Don't believe the papers, the mole or the lurker. They are puppets for managers to get the best deal going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts