What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno

Coach
Beale has played 92 games for 30 tries not what you call great strike rate

Stanley has played 45 games, of that has played only 9 FG games in 13/14, most FG games in any year 15, side note may come in very handy strike rate as goal kicker 93.75% 15 from 16

Which (if any) backs of ours has a similar strike rate?

Beale has played 92 games for 30 tries not what you call great strike rate

Stanley has played 45 games, of that has played only 9 FG games in 13/14, most FG games in any year 15, side note may come in very handy strike rate as goal kicker 93.75% 15 from 16

are you david middletons cousin or something?

i bet you have this mega spreadsheet with some whacked random shit to whip out on forums

snoozer

Bench
if anyone thinks beale isn't a step-up from jwrong and ayshford they are f**king deluded.

looking forward to next year.

Quigs

Immortal
Over the last few seasons, I've forgotten what a strike rate is!

Strike rate - what strike rate?

Is that when you get inside the oppositions 20 metres and have three or four tackles left and just panic and eventually kick it over the dead ball line.

Which (if any) backs of ours has a similar strike rate?

Strike rates Tries/Games/%

Ayshford 34/120 = .28
Barba 80/122 = .66
Beale 30/92 = .33
Brown.M 38/129 = .29
Feki 16/39 = .41
Gagan 5/7 = .71
Gardner 17/43 = .40
Gordon 69/154 = .45
Holmes 3/6 = .50
Leutele 7/36 = .19
Sauiluma 5/15 = .33

Last edited:

shaggs

Coach
Strike rate - what strike rate?

Is that when you get inside the oppositions 20 metres and have three or four tackles left and just panic and eventually kick it over the dead ball line.

That's correct quigs. You turn it inside to Gallen 4 times then strike the ball as hard and as indirectly as Possible over the sideline or dead ball line.
The strike is very important

Quigs

Immortal
Bank schmank !!! We have 1,391 apartments with seaviews to play wiff now.

Its got to trump a half eaten pie and a $1.67 back ended contract.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I hope we didn't throw the bank at him if true.

It's not all bad mate.

We have to dangle the carrot to get him however the roosters will be paying most of his remaining contract. All that means is like Barba, Beale and now SKD if it eventuates, we are getting 3 pretty handy players and not paying full price(for next season anyway). It then means our deadwood players that have contracts ending in 2015 can be shown the door and use "the deadwood" money for these handy types

Quigs

Immortal
It's not all bad mate.

We have to dangle the carrot to get him however the roosters will be paying most of his remaining contract. All that means is like Barba, Beale and now SKD if it eventuates, we are getting 3 pretty handy players and not paying full price(for next season anyway). It then means our deadwood players that have contracts ending in 2015 can be shown the door and use "the deadwood" money for these handy types

Who'da thunk that we would be in this position right now.

Interesting times Snoop.

chewsta

First Grade
Ya not wrong Quigsy.

Ide hate to be in flanno's shoes trying to pick the backline for round 1.
From an entire team of back rowers to an entire team of backs.

It's not all bad mate.

Well said, and also salary cap has increased.

Sharkbite

Juniors
Hello everyone. Been a visitor for some time but finally decided to join up, so this will be my first time post. Been a long time Sharks fan ( since Tommy came over as capt/coach ). Born,bred and live in Queensland ( surrounded by bigheaded Donkey supporters ). Go to the Sharks games here in Queensland and made my first trip to Shark Park for the Derby game last year. Gotta say after the dramas of last year, I am really looking forward to 2015. We have recruited extremely well I believe and have a great blend of established first graders and some exciting young prospects ( first time for a long while). Hopefully Flanno will allow us to play a more open style of attack now that we will have some weapons at our disposal. Really like the look of Gagan,Feki,Holmes and think Bird may be something out of the box from what I have seen of him in u/20 and Junior Kangaroos. It looks like the club could be on the up both on and off the field. See no reason why we cant be back in contention next year and seem to be planning ahead of that as well. Exciting time to be a Sharks supporter. Up Up Cronulla !! Hopefully that light at the end of the tunnel isn't a freight train.

Card Shark

Immortal
Welcome Sharkbite.

If you been following the team for that long, you've experienced many highs & lows (well not so many highs ;-) )

Many false dawns but there is lots of promise for 2015 & beyond, as you say.

Quigs

Immortal
Hello everyone. Been a visitor for some time but finally decided to join up, so this will be my first time post. Been a long time Sharks fan ( since Tommy came over as capt/coach ). Born,bred and live in Queensland ( surrounded by bigheaded Donkey supporters ). Go to the Sharks games here in Queensland and made my first trip to Shark Park for the Derby game last year. Gotta say after the dramas of last year, I am really looking forward to 2015. We have recruited extremely well I believe and have a great blend of established first graders and some exciting young prospects ( first time for a long while). Hopefully Flanno will allow us to play a more open style of attack now that we will have some weapons at our disposal. Really like the look of Gagan,Feki,Holmes and think Bird may be something out of the box from what I have seen of him in u/20 and Junior Kangaroos. It looks like the club could be on the up both on and off the field. See no reason why we cant be back in contention next year and seem to be planning ahead of that as well. Exciting time to be a Sharks supporter. Up Up Cronulla !! Hopefully that light at the end of the tunnel isn't a freight train.

C'mon Sharkbite if you live north of the Tweed and are going to submit long post, youse got to use the line breaks in yuh paragraphs.

Don't want any of the bastards to think that us that live north of the Tweed are all dumb bastards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts