What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New stadium - 2025

Kilkenny

Coach
So you're saying they don't? Get real they work extremely hard and the health care system is broken.
Funding for healthcare and other services really is a seperate issue altogether.

The current stadium is just totally inadequate on all levels and it has been inevitable for some time now that something needed to be done. A total rebuild would have been the preferred option, but it is what it is. Provided the design is state of the art it will surely involve the ability to build connecting stands at the Southern and Northern Hills further down the track, if not connecting stands at least seated areas to increase capacity and further amenities. In this day and age it shouldn’t be that difficult.

Funding for healthcare and other services really is a seperate issue altogether.

The current stadium is just totally inadequate on all levels and it has been inevitable for some time now that something needed to be done. A total rebuild would have been the preferred option, but it is what it is. Provided the design is state of the art it will surely involve the ability to build connecting stands at the Southern and Northern Hills further down the track, if not connecting stands at least seated areas to increase capacity and further amenities. In this day and age it shouldn’t be that difficult.

Which part? And why?
That is a lot of money. The hospitals are scream out for help. The medical staff are working extremely long hours, quite often with no breaks. They are vital. They need more support, and they deserve a pay rise. This money will go a long way in achieving that.

Kilkenny

Coach
That is a lot of money. The hospitals are scream out for help. The medical staff are working extremely long hours, quite often with no breaks. They are vital. They need more support, and they deserve a pay rise. This money will go a long way in achieving that.
I don’t think anyone would argue Jane our healthcare system is far from perfect.

The funding for our stadium redevelopment is an infrastructure project, funding for Western Sydney aligning with population growth, the new airport, it really is an entirely different debate. The current Nepean Hospital has been fortunate to receive funding for massive redevelopment which is currently on going.

The overall cost of redeveloping our stadium while not insignificant is a massive win for Penrith, Western Sydney in general. I think a total rebuild was the way to go at an additional cost of $150 million but that’s not going to happen now.

I don’t think anyone would argue Jane our healthcare system is far from perfect.

The funding for our stadium redevelopment is an infrastructure project, funding for Western Sydney aligning with population growth, the new airport, it really is an entirely different debate. The current Nepean Hospital has been fortunate to receive funding for massive redevelopment which is currently on going.

The overall cost of redeveloping our stadium while not insignificant is a massive win for Penrith, Western Sydney in general. I think a total rebuild was the way to go at an additional cost of $150 million but that’s not going to happen now.
And it is for that exact reason why more staff and hospital upgrades is needed.

Kilkenny

Coach
Queensland Country Bank Stadium home of the Cowboys cost anywhere between $250 - $300 million. It is all seater, the Western Stand I think is not undercover but fully seated. Obviously with significant increases in construction costs the same for us would cost significantly more given the cowboys stadium was completed in 2020. It is very impressive.

Easily is not the word I'd use. Its very unlikely the stadium will get any further significant attention from governments who will see this as an item ticked off their to do list. Can't see the club being able to afford it.

Realistically this was the best chance the club had at a modern ground in the next couple of decades.

I meant easy engineering wise. As for funding, perhaps the club could afford to pay for an eventual northern stand?

What we’re going to get will still be a very modern facility.

Kilkenny

Coach
Skilled architects can design a new stadium in such a way that would allow for updating at a later time Be it the northern or southern end or both. It’s really not that difficult.

John Hamblin

Juniors
I'm in the minority here, that money would be better spent elsewhere, e.g. on healthcare, and giving our frontline emergency workers, doctors and nurses, a much deserved pay rise.
I used to think like that . Katoomba hospital is a mish mash of addons and desparaetly needs replacing. Then I thought parramatta have had 2 new stadiums so if the governments have been wasting money elsewhere why cant we have a new stadium or major upgrade.

I used to think like that . Katoomba hospital is a mish mash of addons and desparaetly needs replacing. Then I thought parramatta have had 2 new stadiums so if the governments have been wasting money elsewhere why cant we have a new stadium or major upgrade.
Nepean hospital caters for a large catchment, including the blue mountains. Katoomba hospital is run down.

John Hamblin

Juniors
If Katoomba hospital were to close there would be no hospital between Lithgow and Penrith. Lithgow hospital is very small

Kilkenny

Coach
Nepean hospital caters for a large catchment, including the blue mountains. Katoomba hospital is run down.
Katoomba is dreadful. No doubt. My wife got taken there after a fall resulting in a broken hip, had to be transferred to Nepean to get better more focussed care. It is still an entirely different argument.

There are issues around flood mitigation and raising the wall of Warragamba Dam. Requires attention, but again an entirely different debate.

The Stadium redevelop will be a massive win for Western Sydney, Penrith generally create jobs, boost economic growth in the region and really is a no brainer. Will be cost neutral in the long term.

Katoomba is dreadful. No doubt. My wife got taken there after a fall resulting in a broken hip, had to be transferred to Nepean to get better more focussed care. It is still an entirely different argument.

There are issues around flood mitigation and raising the wall of Warragamba Dam. Requires attention, but again an entirely different debate.

The Stadium redevelop will be a massive win for Western Sydney, Penrith generally create jobs, boost economic growth in the region and really is a no brainer. Will be cost neutral in the long term.
No it's not. You just do not get it.

Kilkenny

Coach
No it's not. You just do not get it.
Given my wife has MS has endured very significant falls in this past 12 months requiring long stints in hospital at both Katoomba and Nepean Hospitals and outpatient care at Minchinbury Private I do get it Jane from first hand experience. Two months in rehab at Minchinbury Private recovery from her broken hip.

My daughter is a nurse In WA which has the worse health care system in the entire country. So I can speak from personal experience and I do get it.

MS is horrible and I'm sorry that you, and your wife have to endure that. I always thought that Western Australia had a great system?

Kilkenny

Coach
MS is horrible and I'm sorry that you, and your wife have to endure that. I always thought that Western Australia had a great system?
Trust me the former premier Mark McGowan was despicable in his treatment of emergency service employees. My daughter was a dedicated nurse working in ED but just gave up in the end . Working in private system now, robotic surgery , far greater pay, bonuses and conditions. No brainer. Sad given WA has a huge surplus based solely on mining royalties.