What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New stadium - 2025

Kilkenny

Coach
As the league grows and the money pours in this single decision could see us become a Leeds United or Blackburn instead of Man United or Liverpool from English soccer. We are going to be left behind
While ever we continue to invest heavily in our junior pathways we should be fine on the field.

A redeveloped stadium while not ideal should see very significant growth revenues in corporate sponsorship with proper in ground corporation facilities.

Time will tell, but the current corporate boxes in the Eastern Stand are a joke. The new stands should surely result in millions of additional revenue over time.

Caged Panther

First Grade
A disappointing decision, but one that was inevitable as soon as Labor won the election.

The decision is the perfect example of a thing I've been criticising governments for the past 20 years. They are just too damn short term in their thinking.

No doubt their are budget pressures at the moment but with the population growth Western Sydney will experience it needs and deserves a world class sporting/entertainment venue.

Whatever is achieved with even the extensive redevelopment afforded by $300 million will not be fit for purpose over the long term. And so we'll be back in 20 years having the same discussion about Western Sydney requiring a modern, first class venue. The only difference will be it will be even more expensive to achieve, on top of the sunk cost of this latest redevelopment.

Fangs

Coach
The decision is the perfect example of a thing I've been criticising governments for the past 20 years. They are just too damn short term in their thinking.

Been hearing that from just about everyone of any age in this country. Pretty much no decision is made with a significant view to the future.

GongPanther

Referee
A disappointing decision, but one that was inevitable as soon as Labor won the election.

No doubt their are budget pressures at the moment but with the population growth Western Sydney will experience it needs and deserves a world class sporting/entertainment venue.

Whatever is achieved with even the extensive redevelopment afforded by $300 million will not be fit for purpose over the long term. And so we'll be back in 20 years having the same discussion about Western Sydney requiring a modern, first class venue. The only difference will be it will be even more expensive to achieve, on top of the sunk cost of this latest redevelopment.
Stadiums have a shelf life of between 25-30 years, so I'm happy we are at least getting a refit, and Panthers still get to self run the stadium.

forby

Juniors
$309m in 2021 with inflation is now $347m and with the forecasts it will be $372m.
So spending only $309m doesn't meet the commitment that is supposedly being met!
It seems they will extend the roofs over the existing stands, increase corporate areas, and fix up the dressing rooms. This won't increase the capacity, and may even reduce it.
The greatest rugby league area in the world is being short-changed once again.

Iamback

Coach

Hopefully is built so it can be added too later. Come 10 years when they are looking for an entertainment venue out here.

dropping another $300m on a concert venue will be a waste

ODC

Juniors
I personally love the suburban feel. It makes Friday and Saturday night games a more social event with a larger community feel.
However this is a negative in the future interests of the club.
Unfortunately Labor not interested in pork barrelling for votes is this is what it gets us.

$309m in 2021 with inflation is now $347m and with the forecasts it will be $372m.
So spending only $309m doesn't meet the commitment that is supposedly being met!
It seems they will extend the roofs over the existing stands, increase corporate areas, and fix up the dressing rooms. This won't increase the capacity, and may even reduce it.
The greatest rugby league area in the world is being short-changed once again.

There’s not way that’s all they’re doing for $309m

I know inflation is an issue, but $309m is still going to be a major redevelopment.

forby

Juniors
But just doing the minimal means under budget, early delivery, and they can spend the surplus elsewhere. Win win for the Govt, big loss for Penrith again.

Iamback

Coach

Headline is a bit misleading!
Not new news, just new details. Refurb still on the cards

I am sure the corporates will love the new facilities, Us plebs won't see any extra seating

Pjf04b

Juniors
We'll end up with a lower capacity, more corporates and nothing for the regular seat holders. The government will say how wonderful it is and PVL will claim a major victory!
And Penrith loses yet again!

Kilkenny

Coach
I think it is a missed opportunity for Western Sydney.

The new airport, Glenmore Park and Oran Park eventually linking the growth corridor is immense.

It is a shame, a purpose built stadium, with additional commercial and retail occupancy was the best option going forward but that us not going to happen now sadly.

The opportunity for a venue with 365 days a year use was there to be had but going to have to settle for an ad hoc facility with little upside.

Latest posts