What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New stadium - 2025

Iamback

Coach
Its a waste of money with that proposed build. I'd rather take the cash to Vegas and put it all on black.

If we think we are bigger than the state government then I would hold out on construction until the next election. Fletch I think has a god complex so he would probably see that as a realistic option.

And every time I walk past the paceway it looks like a total mess. Doesn't look like a cent has been put into the place in years.

The Paceway is broke so will get further rundown too, That made sense for all

Abacus

Juniors
Can't express how disappointing this upgrade is. New ground capacity of 25k, a stack of weasel words on community input, blah, blah, blah.

No surprise the NSW govt are burying this under Albo's tax changes media.

Iamback

Coach
Can't express how disappointing this upgrade is. New ground capacity of 25k, a stack of weasel words on community input, blah, blah, blah.

No surprise the NSW govt are burying this under Albo's tax changes media.

The input was for the Paceway site, This outcome is nothing like the suggested Stadiums to copy

Abacus

Juniors
The former government didn’t sell it properly. Everyone heard $600m for a stadium, but they should’ve sold it as a complete development.

Still, this stadium upgrade secures the future of the team for the next 30-40 years, that’s good news.
I thought our last 3 years' results has guaranteed the future of the team for the next 30-40 years - not sure a minimally enhanced stadium will come into any NRL decision making. The current kids coming through seeing Panthers as winners will ensure solid backing.

I agree with @Fangs - I'd prefer to keep the powder dry and wait until you can do something substantial. I don't understand the urgency to do something less than ideal now (other than presumably political).

It seems we're upgrading to accommodate female team sports across other codes (i.e. soccer) at a time the professional soccer clubs in this country are reportedly retrenching half their staff. The dreams of concerts and motorsports are unrealistic (production and bump in/out costs are prohibitive).

Otherwise we're introducing 3k-4k of nosebleed seats given we'll have steeper stands in basically the same footprint. I just don't get how the outcomes and numbers stack up.

Iamback

Coach
I thought our last 3 years' results has guaranteed the future of the team for the next 30-40 years - not sure a minimally enhanced stadium will come into any NRL decision making. The current kids coming through seeing Panthers as winners will ensure solid backing.

I agree with @Fangs - I'd prefer to keep the powder dry and wait until you can do something substantial. I don't understand the urgency to do something less than ideal now (other than presumably political).

It seems we're upgrading to accommodate female team sports across other codes (i.e. soccer) at a time the professional soccer clubs in this country are reportedly retrenching half their staff. The dreams of concerts and motorsports are unrealistic (production and bump in/out costs are prohibitive).

Otherwise we're introducing 3k-4k of nosebleed seats given we'll have steeper stands in basically the same footprint. I just don't get how the outcomes and numbers stack up.

Not sure we are adding that many seats looking at the overheads of the current and the proposed.

Most of the extra capacity will go towards the corporates

soc123_au

Staff member
When you take into consideration it was a Stadium to take in the extra 1m people coming.

Then not sure it still won't be too small
It's not just the stadium, the paceway site could accommodate other shit as well. Throw in aqua golf, cables, ifly etc across the road and you could have an awesome entertainment precinct. It's not like Penrith City is going to get any smaller.

Abacus

Juniors
Not sure we are adding that many seats looking at the overheads of the current and the proposed.

Most of the extra capacity will go towards the corporates
I'm basing the seat numbers on the difference between the announced new capacity of 25k and the current 21k-22k. How many new corporates can you fit in that footprint while still accommodating media, coaching boxes, etc. 1,000 tops?

Iamback

Coach
It's not just the stadium, the paceway site could accommodate other shit as well. Throw in aqua golf, cables, ifly etc across the road and you could have an awesome entertainment precinct. It's not like Penrith City is going to get any smaller.

Well we will see what they do with that Training field. I agree with the new 5 star hotel, There was potential for Festivals and all sort of things for the whole complex

Iamback

Coach
I'm basing the seat numbers on the difference between the announced new capacity of 25k and the current 21k-22k. How many new corporates can you fit in that footprint while still accommodating media, coaching boxes, etc. 1,000 tops?

The Western weekender ran this, given they are the club's mouth piece, Safe to say this gets up

The Tunnel side at CommBank is all corporate and Media, They have the steep stands behind the posts to make up for it.

So I want to see a model or something, It would be great if we did end up with much higher pleb seating

Attachments

• IMG_2497.png
    IMG_2497.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 27

MugaB

Coach
I reckon people will feel differently once they attend the new venue. More toilets, more food outlets, better viewing angles, more weather protection. Importantly for the health of the club this will include improved corporate boxes as well.

People are really hard to please, this is a massive win for the club and secures our long term viability. Other clubs would kill for something like this.
This time last year i went to the WCC against St Helens with my family, (wife and 2 young girls) watched the 1st half in the pouring rain, had rainbows left and right, thunder cracking, it was pretty eventful weather, and pretty good seats, 20 metre line just off the roof though, if this build turns out a better build and has a better roof coverage for most seating, there's every chance i would have stayed longer, but with kids, i wasn't going to risk another potential hour of bad weather and get them sick.. so we left...

murraymob

Coach
The real test will be the allocation of season seating .i have had the same to seats for close to 25 years in the eastern grandstand around half way .I would expect to get offered seats in that area again .yes it will cost more but we should get offered that area first

Iamback

Coach
The real test will be the allocation of season seating .i have had the same to seats for close to 25 years in the eastern grandstand around half way .I would expect to get offered seats in that area again .yes it will cost more but we should get offered that area first

I have had my seats on the Eastern terrace halfway since 1998.

I am the same

Sime_11

Juniors
just have to be careful what we wish for - im confident if you asked Eels or Wanderers fans if they could have current Parramatta or the old Parramatta stadium back - they'd chose the latter.

i understand that corporates help make more $$$ on game day - but not at the expense of one side of the ground becoming majority corporate tickets.

The atmosphere of the regular fans going weekly is the soul of a stadium - you dont fk with that