What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New stadium - 2025

That looks shithouse in comparison to Allianz, Bankwest & The Cows upgrade. Such a shame as we could have gotten something world class.

Those were new builds, this is an upgrade.

You simply can’t build a new stadium for $300m anymore. Plus this particular site has issues at the southern and northern ends.

I think it’s pretty good all things considered.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Lipstick on a pig. Oh well at least it will help old fellas like @soc123_au for access and amenities

I agree Chins, it is a bit of makeup so to speak. Sadly my days of going to live games are over sadly (Need a carer with me if I attend) not surprising some may say LOL

I haven't looked at the small details yet. It means the 'old school' suburbian ground feel remains. That I believe is important. I used to love the smell of rubbing alcohol that would come up through the western grandstand........

If the whole stadium had been ripped down, that (I believe) would have been lost.

Just my thoughts.

I reckon people will feel differently once they attend the new venue. More toilets, more food outlets, better viewing angles, more weather protection. Importantly for the health of the club this will include improved corporate boxes as well.

People are really hard to please, this is a massive win for the club and secures our long term viability. Other clubs would kill for something like this.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I reckon people will feel differently once they attend the new venue. More toilets, more food outlets, better viewing angles, more weather protection. Importantly for the health of the club this will include improved corporate boxes as well.

People are really hard to please, this is a massive win for the club and secures our long term viability. Other clubs would kill for something like this.
Hills belong in the 70s

Iamback

Coach

Lets see what Venues NSW Charge and where the extra seats are.

The picture looks the same size, so probably corporate areas

Chins get the wins

First Grade
You can’t really build a grandstand at the northern end, most you could do is terraced seating. That could easily be added at a future date for not too much cost.

There’s 20k seats down the sides of the field, that’s the main vantage points anyway.
Let's hope we at least do something like the Cowboys did at one end and concrete it. Hide the fact we are getting half a stadium

Sime_11

Juniors
Let's hope we at least do something like the Cowboys did at one end and concrete it. Hide the fact we are getting half a stadium

that should be the plan - keeping the hill at the other end of the ground retains suburban ground vibes which is a positive. Capacity to 25k is good - more ability for the club/memberships to grow is good - more food stalls, more ways to get revenue for the club - good positive things moving forward.

Iamback

Coach
that should be the plan - keeping the hill at the other end of the ground retains suburban ground vibes which is a positive. Capacity to 25k is good - more ability for the club/memberships to grow is good - more food stalls, more ways to get revenue for the club - good positive things moving forward.

Have they said exactly how many extra actual seats there will be?

Fangs

Coach
I was happy with 1 given the limitations on the site, That would of seen more under cover and seating in general

@Fangs will be happy

Its a waste of money with that proposed build. I'd rather take the cash to Vegas and put it all on black.

If we think we are bigger than the state government then I would hold out on construction until the next election. Fletch I think has a god complex so he would probably see that as a realistic option.

And every time I walk past the paceway it looks like a total mess. Doesn't look like a cent has been put into the place in years.

soc123_au

Staff member

I hope you are right, just feels like a let down of what we were expecting pre state election. Not going down the Paceway road is a massive missed opportunity, we could have had a world class sporting & rec precinct that could have been added to over time right in the heart of Penrith.

I hope you are right, just feels like a let down of what we were expecting pre state election. Not going down the Paceway road is a massive missed opportunity, we could have had a world class sporting & rec precinct that could have been added to over time right in the heart of Penrith.

The former government didn’t sell it properly. Everyone heard $600m for a stadium, but they should’ve sold it as a complete development.

Still, this stadium upgrade secures the future of the team for the next 30-40 years, that’s good news.

Have they said exactly how many extra actual seats there will be?

No, but my guess is around 5000.

Going off the pictures the capacity at the southern end actually looks reduced. So there’s 3000 extra capacity, plus another couple of thousand extra seats to make up for the reduced capacity at the southern end.

The new western stand looks a lot bigger than the current one.

chrisD

Coach
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the pics are artist's impressions, not renderings of an actual design, which is to say they're pretty worthless.

Iamback

Coach
No, but my guess is around 5000.

Going off the pictures the capacity at the southern end actually looks reduced. So there’s 3000 extra capacity, plus another couple of thousand extra seats to make up for the reduced capacity at the southern end.

The new western stand looks a lot bigger than the current one.

There was a thing in the Western Weekender about the chairmans lounge being doubled in size, I'd imagine Royce's one on the East will be extended too.

That will also have Dressing Rooms too, So I want to see the seating configuration before getting too excited

soc123_au

Staff member
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the pics are artist's impressions, not renderings of an actual design, which is to say they're pretty worthless.
Probably, but if thats the layout no artist is going to make it look anything like what it could have been.

Previous Government promised Margot Robbie and Minns has delivered present day Madonna.

Latest posts