What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New stadium - 2025

Kilkenny

Coach
Townsville doesn't have other venues to compete with.

If CommBank is 30k and Penrith 25k then you aren't getting the extra events to justify
It’s no different to big acts playing in the Hunter Valley to 12-15 thousand audiences.

Its about having a venue that can accomodate such high profile acts and being able to provide a venue for them to perform.

The fans, punters from the likes of Lithgow, Bathurst, or Orange would be delighted to only have to travel to our new venue/stadium to enjoy international stars.

Kilkenny

Coach
The best case for them would of been take the deal. Move to the Lakes or wherever with a Brand new everything.

Now they will just die out and both projects miss out
I agree, I think the Paceway is the big loser out of all this.

Club Paceway as it stands is a dying entity, has been for a long time.

Im a member have been for a long time but the club is losing money and isn’t going to change.

Iamback

Coach
It’s no different to big acts playing in the Hunter Valley to 12-15 thousand audiences.

Its about having a venue that can accomodate such high profile acts and being able to provide a venue for them to perform.

The fans, punters from the likes of Lithgow, Bathurst, or Orange would be delighted to only have to travel to our new venue/stadium to enjoy international stars.

That is the benefit of a venue like that in Penrith.

Concert promoters though won't care and have no issue having everything closer to the city

Iamback

Coach
I agree, I think the Paceway is the big loser out of all this.

Club Paceway as it stands is a dying entity, has been for a long time.

Im a member have been for a long time but the club is losing money and isn’t going to change.

The whole area is if Penrith only get a new stand or something as opposed to a shiny new stadium and a new club/trots on the water

Kilkenny

Coach
That is the benefit of a venue like that in Penrith.

Concert promoters though won't care and have no issue having everything closer to the city
It’s about marketing, if the fans are there, the market, then the venue will pay for itself.

my wife and I just went to Melbourne to see Rod Stewart at Rod Laver Arena.

Great show, at the same time how great would it be to see the same show in Penrith at a purpose built stadium to accomodate sport and music events.

Iamback

Coach
It’s about marketing, if the fans are there, the market, then the venue will pay for itself.

my wife and I just went to Melbourne to see Rod Stewart at Rod Laver Arena.

Great show, at the same time how great would it be to see the same show in Penrith at a purpose built stadium to accomodate sport and music events.

My mate moved out to Silverdale, Whenever we go to Gigs he now has to stay the night somewhere.

That will get worse as trips into the city take longer

StanTheMan

Juniors
There’s no way the club could afford to put $100m into a stadium, one they wouldn’t even own.

I’d support them contributing $20m or so, but that’s about it. Anymore and you’re risking the club as a whole.

Anyway, we don’t need a 30k seat stadium.
If stadiums got a return on investment, governments wouldn't have to pay for them.

Munky

Coach
The problem with the development of outer western Sydney is that the suburbs north and south of Penrith have no direct public transport to Penrith.

North the train line goes to Blacktown and South the new metro for the South to St Mary's.

The train from Blacktown to Parra is quicker than the one to Penrith. While St Marys to Penrith is about a ten minute quicker trip than to Parra.

Essentially for all the new developments Parra is either a quicker trip or a mere ten minutes more. I'm not sure how you can justify a new facility without direct links when it has no material impact on the travel times of the new areas it is trying to serve.

The Paveway deserves to die, any entity that has money printing machines in pokies, owns the real estate and can't make money has to be run incredibly poorly.

Murraymob1

Juniors
The problem for the paceway has been the trots are on once a week so it’s purpose for running is flawed .the rest of the days it is a bar and restaurant competing with all the others in penrith
I don’t know the layout of the club but the one time I did eat there the eating area was right against the pokies again how many will want that..Considering the influx of units and people around it .The place should be booming
But people today want more than they can deliver

This little snippet was published by the Western Weekender yesterday (source: https://westernweekender.com.au/202...ew-karen-mckeown-pledges-to-listen-to-locals/) -

There’s no question one of the most challenging projects for McKeown moving forward will be the planned Penrith Stadium overhaul.

“I have to be briefed on the business case for the stadium as there was a heap of community consultation done, and the figures. I just worry that the cost of construction will blow out, but I will get all the information and sit down to have a very robust discussion with the Treasurer around such things,” she said.

“Others believe that Penrith has had an overabundance of infrastructure and buildings going on but it is because we are a growing city and I always argue back that it is because we need that in order to keep up, so I am going to be out there loud and proud as a voice for Penrith.”

The stadium rebuild, upgrade, will not proceed. Bloody Liberal party should have signed a contract
Premier Minns has pledged $40m towards the Goulddogs Centre of Excellence, at a total cost of $60m, the club has to contribute $20m. So how does the NSW Government claim some ownership of the project? So much for Schools and Hospitals funding.

Iamback

Coach
The problem with the development of outer western Sydney is that the suburbs north and south of Penrith have no direct public transport to Penrith.

North the train line goes to Blacktown and South the new metro for the South to St Mary's.

The train from Blacktown to Parra is quicker than the one to Penrith. While St Marys to Penrith is about a ten minute quicker trip than to Parra.

Essentially for all the new developments Parra is either a quicker trip or a mere ten minutes more. I'm not sure how you can justify a new facility without direct links when it has no material impact on the travel times of the new areas it is trying to serve.

The Paveway deserves to die, any entity that has money printing machines in pokies, owns the real estate and can't make money has to be run incredibly poorly.

The Metro will fix some of that to be fair

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Minns to honour stadium rebuild which would mean Panthers to play at CommBank stadium for 18 months from 2025 - Phil Rothfield.

Pjf04b

Juniors
They need to make sure it is at least 25k without any loss of seats available to the public unlike Commbank, and that they are not all on the eastern side with the western side all corporates like at Commbank.
Perhaps they should urgently lobby Albanese to get the money from the AFL fiasco to go to the new Penrith Stadium.

chiefy1

Juniors
They need to make sure it is at least 25k without any loss of seats available to the public unlike Commbank, and that they are not all on the eastern side with the western side all corporates like at Commbank.
Perhaps they should urgently lobby Albanese to get the money from the AFL fiasco to go to the new Penrith Stadium.

We are 30k brother not 25k. Plus the western stand isn't all corporates.

Pjf04b

Juniors
can a non-corporate buy a ticket anywhere decent on the western side? What happened to the members who had seats on that side?
is it true that there are less members tickets available now than in the last stadium?

can a non-corporate buy a ticket anywhere decent on the western side? What happened to the members who had seats on that side?
is it true that there are less members tickets available now than in the last stadium?
Stuart Ayres, earlier in the year said the Stadium will be based on TQL Stadium at Cincinnati, 25.5K (soccer purpose) corporate boxes run along the top of one side, seating on the other. Check out the photos.