What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Perth Red

Post Whore
I don’t mind being negative or pragmatic but then you can also say something is encouraging etc. I am not expecting people to be absolutely euphoric but you can say oh well that’s positive or that reads well et
haha this place,
when Im positive about Perth Im one eyed, when Im realistic based on whats happened so far I'm negative. Classic LU. If people spent as much time talking about the topic as they do me this place would be far more interesting!

Vlad59

Bench
haha this place,
when Im positive about Perth Im one eyed, when Im realistic based on whats happened so far I'm negative. Classic LU. If people spent as much time talking about the topic as they do me this place would be far more interesting!
You need to do some critical analysis of yourself

Wb1234

Referee
Y
haha this place,
you are only positive about Perth
About anything else you go out of your way to find a negative which never exists

Wb1234

Referee
Oh I think they’re considering NZ2 at some stage but that quote posted isn’t exactly rock solid proof it’s happening any time soon

TRANS-TASMAN EXPANSION​

Sunday’s double header at Allegiant Stadium could be the preamble to more sustained offshore growth via the launch of a second NRL team in New Zealand.

While a Papua New Guinea franchise remains the frontrunner to win the NRL’s 18th licence, possibly by 2026 or 2027, V’landys says the prospect of expanding to New Zealand’s south island is real.

As part of moves to eventually expand to a 20-team league, V’landys wants a greater national and international footprint. That means franchises in Western Australia – the Perth Bears have been touted as a 19th team – while the NRL see promise in a second Kiwi outfit based in Christchurch.

“A second New Zealand team has merit,” V’landys said.

“Maybe not as the 18th team, because we are looking to PNG with the support of the Australian government, but it certainly has merit if we go to 20 teams.

“When Nick Politis (Roosters chairman) says we should be considering 20 teams, you certainly do it because he is a very successful businessman.

“The Warriors have been wonderful for the game _ there is a lot of support in New Zealand.

“When someone of Nick’s success says we must look at 20 teams, we’re going to look at it. And we should have a strategy to get there at a certain time, whether that’s three years, five years or 10 years.”

Matiunz

Juniors

TRANS-TASMAN EXPANSION​

Sunday’s double header at Allegiant Stadium could be the preamble to more sustained offshore growth via the launch of a second NRL team in New Zealand.

While a Papua New Guinea franchise remains the frontrunner to win the NRL’s 18th licence, possibly by 2026 or 2027, V’landys says the prospect of expanding to New Zealand’s south island is real.

As part of moves to eventually expand to a 20-team league, V’landys wants a greater national and international footprint. That means franchises in Western Australia – the Perth Bears have been touted as a 19th team – while the NRL see promise in a second Kiwi outfit based in Christchurch.

“A second New Zealand team has merit,” V’landys said.

“Maybe not as the 18th team, because we are looking to PNG with the support of the Australian government, but it certainly has merit if we go to 20 teams.

“When Nick Politis (Roosters chairman) says we should be considering 20 teams, you certainly do it because he is a very successful businessman.

“The Warriors have been wonderful for the game _ there is a lot of support in New Zealand.

“When someone of Nick’s success says we must look at 20 teams, we’re going to look at it. And we should have a strategy to get there at a certain time, whether that’s three years, five years or 10 years.”
Posting the full arrival doesn’t add more to the tweet. Again there’s nothing in that as rock solid, “it has merit” is political speech for non comical consideration. The statement is followed up by the statement “maybe not team 18” which implies it’s not likely in the next round, followed up by counting another couple of rounds of expansion talk. Seen this before with expansion talks in the past but it mean little until it progresses further.
Been hearing talk of NZ2 since 96 as an ARL answer to the Warriors joining super league I’ll believe it’s happening when it’s announced.

Perth Red

Post Whore
NZ2: “A second New Zealand team has merit,” V’landys said.
Melbourne2: V'landys insisting the league 'would have to be mad not to look' at expanding in Australia's second-largest state.
Perth: "Perth has to be high on the table now
Bears: 'It makes sense that we bring them back in some capacity, because they’ve got 200,000 members. That’s important.
PNG: 'People will be surprised where we are at with the PNG bid,' V'landys said. 'It's 100 per cent not pie in the sky. 'We have been doing a lot of hard work. It's 100 per cent reality.
Brisbane3: 'The western corridor of Brisbane is a genuine consideration,' he said.

Hmmm, is anywhere not his favourite?

Wb1234

Referee
Posting the full arrival doesn’t add more to the tweet. Again there’s nothing in that as rock solid, “it has merit” is political speech for non comical consideration. The statement is followed up by the statement “maybe not team 18” which implies it’s not likely in the next round, followed up by counting another couple of rounds of expansion talk. Seen this before with expansion talks in the past but it mean little until it progresses further.
Been hearing talk of NZ2 since 96 as an ARL answer to the Warriors joining super league I’ll believe it’s happening when it’s announced.
You’ve been hearing talking of nz2 since 96

lmao

I want what you are smoking

nz2 locked
In

Matiunz

Juniors
You’ve been hearing talking of nz2 since 96

lmao

I want what you are smoking

nz2 locked
In
Sure have- “we’ve been to NZ before we’d certainly look at going again” in response to ARL losing an NZ team if the superleague war continued, and again in a more formalised manner in the orcas when Titans got admitted. If you hadn’t jumped on the Wahs bandwagon after 1 good season you might know more about the NZ league climate.
I’d love it to happen but it’s been a bit of a pipe dream for a while so not counting any chickens until it’s a bit more concrete than some politician speak.

Wb1234

Referee
Sure have- “we’ve been to NZ before we’d certainly look at going again” in response to ARL losing an NZ team if the superleague war continued, and again in a more formalised manner in the orcas when Titans got admitted. If you hadn’t jumped on the Wahs bandwagon after 1 good season you might know more about the NZ league climate.
I’d love it to happen but it’s been a bit of a pipe dream for a while so not counting any chickens until it’s a bit more concrete than some politician speak.
There was talk a few years ago of the bears replacing the warriors lol

and your using the arl talking about adding a nz team after the wahs went to super league as evidence are you

Hahhahaaha

MugaB

Coach
NZ2: “A second New Zealand team has merit,” V’landys said.
Melbourne2: V'landys insisting the league 'would have to be mad not to look' at expanding in Australia's second-largest state.
Perth: "Perth has to be high on the table now
Bears: 'It makes sense that we bring them back in some capacity, because they’ve got 200,000 members. That’s important.
PNG: 'People will be surprised where we are at with the PNG bid,' V'landys said. 'It's 100 per cent not pie in the sky. 'We have been doing a lot of hard work. It's 100 per cent reality.
Brisbane3: 'The western corridor of Brisbane is a genuine consideration,' he said.

Hmmm, is anywhere not his favourite?
Cammeray